Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    I fail to see how it's difficult to switch specs when you should be going for Mastery above everything else.
    I wasn't just thinking of Warlocks. I was thinking about the big picture and how those two decisions seem at odds with each other.

For the record I don't mind changing specs, I'm just curious if that's by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    If you don't want to switch specs then you should be willing to deal with the negatives of that decision.

Our specs are so dumbed down as it is, I really don't see what the issue is in changing.
    If I don't switch specs I do shit dps on 4/7 fights and average dps on 3.
    Boomkin don't switch spec they do good dps and great dps.
    Survival don't switch spec they do average dps, good dps, and great dps.

/balance.

Explain to me why I'm severely punished for not switching specs when they get a slap on the hand.

At the end of the day your arguments still doesn't answer the question. Why should we switch if they don't have to.
    Last edited by kamuii; 2015-01-13 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    If I don't switch specs I do shit dps on 4/7 fights and average dps on 3.
    Boomkin don't switch spec they do good dps and great dps.
    Survival don't switch spec they do average dps, good dps, and great dps.

/balance.

Explain to me why I'm severely punished for not switching specs when they get a slap on the hand.

At the end of the day your arguments still doesn't answer the question. Why should we switch if they don't have to.
    Comparing yourself to another class is your first mistake, boomkind have their play style and locks have theirs, if locks playstyle requires them to switch specs then so be it, it's not the first time you have had to change specs to do better at a certain fight and it definently won't be the last. Play boomkind this tier if your not willing to play a different lock spec, if your not willing to do that I'm assuming your not in a guild that is going to sit you for not min maxing.
    Your crying about your damage but not doing anything to change it. Blizzard gives you that option with the three specs it's not your fault if your not utilizing what they gave you.

I'm not saying locks are perfect I'm not saying they are horrible, we can't be gods like we were in MOP every tier, I feel if it wasn't for our MOP OP'ness last xpansion we wouldn't be having half of these qq's about locks. The only thing I don't like about locks right now is the gameplay from demonology with demonbolt, and MG from affliction which had been in game for a while, destruction has always been a shallow spec so I really don't have anything to say about destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Comparing yourself to another class is your first mistake, boomkind have their play style and locks have theirs, if locks playstyle requires them to switch specs then so be it, it's not the first time you have had to change specs to do better at a certain fight and it definently won't be the last. Play boomkind this tier if your not willing to play a different lock spec, if your not willing to do that I'm assuming your not in a guild that is going to sit you for not min maxing.
    Your crying about your damage but not doing anything to change it. Blizzard gives you that option with the three specs it's not your fault if your not utilizing what they gave you.

I'm not saying locks are perfect I'm not saying they are horrible, we can't be gods like we were in MOP every tier, I feel if it wasn't for our MOP OP'ness last xpansion we wouldn't be having half of these qq's about locks. The only thing I don't like about locks right now is the gameplay from demonology with demonbolt, and MG from affliction which had been in game for a while, destruction has always been a shallow spec so I really don't have anything to say about destro.
    What you are saying is locked shouldnt have gotten nerfed last from SoO, cuz locks 1 spec could dominate everything while other classes couldn't, and it was fine because other classes shouldn't have compared themselves to SoO locks. Therefore locks should be buffed back to SoO damage.

Why should I have to do something to fix blizzards balancing mistake when other classes don't have to?

That's like asking the consumers to fix their own cars because the manufacturers forgot to put the engine in one of the models. The consumer could jus put in a engine. Guess what, it's not their responsibility to. It's absolutely retarded that blizzard fucks up balance and the answer is player should deal with it instead of asking blizzard to fucking fix it.

"well this happened before so you should be dealing with it" LOL WUT?
    "well you bought this model of car and you should have to deal with not having a engine, stop comparing your car to other cars geez." LOLWUT?
    Last edited by kamuii; 2015-01-13 at 04:35 AM.

What you are saying is locked shouldnt have gotten nerfed last from SoO, cuz locks 1 spec could dominate everything while other classes couldn't, and it was fine because other classes shouldn't have compared themselves to SoO locks. Therefore locks should be buffed back to SoO damage.

Why should I have to do something to fix blizzards balancing mistake when other classes don't have to?

That's like asking the consumers to fix their own cars because the manufacturers forgot to put the engine in one of the models. The consumer could jus put in a engine. Guess what, it's not their responsibility to. It's absolutely retarded that blizzard fucks up balance and the answer is player should deal with it instead of asking blizzard to fucking fix it.

"well you bought this model of car and you should have to deal with not having a engine." LOLWUT?
    Comparing a static automobile to a game that changes every patch is not comparable to that, every patch things change it's just part of the game, Idk why you are seeing it as a punishment from SOO, I've warlocked since BC and every tier or new expansion the dps game is shuffled, I've seen many ups and downs for us and I have also seen more people that I can think of complain the same complaints every new tier or expansion.

I would compare your logic to a: Man I have no money
    Option A : I could work at McDonald's for a little bit of money and complain about not making enough money
    option B : I turn down a job that makes more money because why can't I work at McDonald's and make that much money, so I'll just complain more about not making enough money

7+ Year Old Account

"well you bought this model of car and you should have to deal with not having a engine, stop comparing your car to other cars geez." LOLWUT?
    "One spec could dominate everything", but on some fights, Affliction pulled ahead anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Comparing a static automobile to a game that changes every patch is not comparable to that, every patch things change it's just part of the game, Idk why you are seeing it as a punishment from SOO, I've warlocked since BC and every tier or new expansion the dps game is shuffled, I've seen many ups and downs for us and I have also seen more people that I can think of complain the same complaints every new tier or expansion.
    "EVERY EXPANSION THINGS CHANGE, THEREFORE IT'S OK".
    Appeal to tradition. Brilliant logic.

I would compare your logic to a: Man I have no money
    Option A : I could work at McDonald's for a little bit of money and complain about not making enough money
    option B : I turn down a job that makes more money because why can't I work at McDonald's and make that much money, so I'll just complain more about not making enough money
    "man I have no money"
    Go work for money
    "but no one else works and they get paid more than if I worked"

I should work even if no one else is. Logic.
    I should work as a neurosurgeon and get paid less than people flipping burgers. Logic.
    Last edited by kamuii; 2015-01-13 at 04:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Welcome to Vanilla, leave your theory of hybrid tax when you move on to future expansions.
    I wasn't talking about us not having a heal/tank spec. I was talking about us having no utility, unlike rogues with smokebomb, DKs with anti-magic zone, Mages with amplify magic, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    I wasn't talking about us not having a heal/tank spec. I was talking about us having no utility, unlike rogues with smokebomb, DKs with anti-magic zone, Mages with amplify magic, etc etc etc
    Well that's only partially true, we still have Healthstones and CR, to name only two. We have demongate, albeit a bit useless right now. A friend of mine is pushing realm best CMs, and he insists on having a warlock in his team; apparently healthstones are just so good, when they don't proc the pot CD.
    I like playing around on my lock, it's my to-go alt, am really considering if I should main her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    Well that's only partially true, we still have Healthstones and CR, to name only two. We have demongate, albeit a bit useless right now. A friend of mine is pushing realm best CMs, and he insists on having a warlock in his team; apparently healthstones are just so good, when they don't proc the pot CD.
    I like playing around on my lock, it's my to-go alt, am really considering if I should main her.
    Healthstones are on same cd as tonic, and tonic heals more than healthstone. Your friend is either doing something wrong, or doing something that I don't know about. Gateways are, as said a million times before, binary. Either they are good (And probably very good), or they are useless because of encounter mechanics (Shit on the ground) or because you don't need that kind of movement. Stampeding roar and aspect of the fox are much more flexible, and amplify magic is always nice to have. Warlocks could use something similar.

Also, our CR has 3 sec cast time, slowest in the game. We can put it up on a person before the fight begins, but then you better hope that that person is actually the one who dies, because your CR is now on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Healthstones are on same cd as tonic, and tonic heals more than healthstone. Your friend is either doing something wrong, or doing something that I don't know about. Gateways are, as said a million times before, binary. Either they are good (And probably very good), or they are useless because of encounter mechanics (Shit on the ground) or because you don't need that kind of movement. Stampeding roar and aspect of the fox are much more flexible, and amplify magic is always nice to have. Warlocks could use something similar.

Also, our CR has 3 sec cast time, slowest in the game. We can put it up on a person before the fight begins, but then you better hope that that person is actually the one who dies, because your CR is now on cd.
    They proc the health potion proc, but do they proc invi/main stat pot proc? I was referring to that, however, I cannot test it right now, my sub has ran out. If that's not the case, and HS procs the main stat/invi pot CD as well, then I do not know what he was referring to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    They proc the health potion proc, but do they proc invi/main stat pot proc? I was referring to that, however, I cannot test it right now, my sub has ran out. If that's not the case, and HS procs the main stat/invi pot CD as well, then I do not know what he was referring to
    DPS and utility (free action, speed, invis) potions all use one cooldown; while Health Tonics, Shieldtronic Shields and Healthstone use another separate shared cooldown.