Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varakai View Post
    I am really embarrassed to be making this post. I used to be a really good monk and lately I just feel terrible. I keep pouring through logs trying to figure out where I'm coming up short and I'm at a point I can't blame the gear any longer. I keep trying different ideas to see what I can do to cheese out more DPS but it's making it worse. I can't seem to fix it myself anymore so maybe someone here can help me. Maybe you can see something I'm not. I know for starters my mastery is higher than I'd like it to be. I MISS REFORGING! Well maybe someone can help.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yatta/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse: Here's my log for last night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hvkpQq#fight=5

You can choose different fights and see where I am at each one for the night. Those numbers are embarrassing. I feel like I'm at least 15k lower than I should be. I looked at this log of Gapesurface who is of the same ilvl and he/she's WAY above me. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I tried replicating the same amount of BOK's and FOF and all that but I just came up short. I tried checking the uptimes of TP and RSK and it seemed pretty even. It could be a fight per fight basis that I'm just choosing the wrong talents? If you need info about what talents I take for each fight, I'm sure you can kinda tell but just ask and I will let you know. Please help me if you can. Thank you in advance.
    The first major thing I see is you wait for BL to end before using Serenity - this is very wrong - in order to not waste some worthless energy you missed one cast of Serenity. As a result (maybe not only because of this) BoK which should be your most damaging ability with this build is third. Also you don't seem to time TEB particularly well with either Serenity or FoF - it should be always up for the first and as often as possible for the second.
    You are using Ascension with Serenity - this is a bad combo, switch to Chi Brew and leave Asc for ChiEx.
    You missed a whole lot of RSK, 1-2 FoFs (some were clipped as well).
    Chi Burst is not the best talent for Gruul - you might want to start using ZS.
    Performance aside, despite having not bad overall ilvl your trinkets are pretty crappy and they are the most important gear after the weapon. That is holding you down as well.
    Last edited by LoKSET; 2015-03-19 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wumbologist View Post
    hi everyone, quick question about stat priority. I've seen it mentioned that with 4p it should be ms>haste>crit/vers>mastery, but when I've tried simming my character with a bunch of different trinkets/weapon enchants and whatnot the simc stat priorities list haste below crit/vers. Is it gear dependent or am I interpreting simc's stat priorities incorrectly? Reason I ask is because I'm currently using 3 crafted items and wouldn't mind min/maxing the offstats on them more if it would be an upgrade, plus switching to more haste would help on chix fights.

Can't post armory, but I'm Wumbologist-Arthas US.
    For Serenity / Chi Brew: ms > crit = vers >= haste >>> mastery
    Depending on your gear, crit haste and versatility can be really close, with the possibilty of all of them pulling ahead a little when you have far more of the other stats on your gear. Note that even then the differences are really small.
    For Chi Ex / Ascension: haste > ms > crit = vers >>> mastery
    The priority you mention was often mentioned as a good option when not trying to get two different gear sets for Chi Ex / Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sochu View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sochu/advanced:
    WindWalker:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pxm8#source=19:

Hello, I'm an avid forum reader but this actually made me make an account...and make a bunch of random posts so the forum would let me link to things.

I've been pulling low dps for a while now but my raid's Mythic Beastlord attempts have brought it to a whole new level. Anything specific I can do to make me competitive on this fight would be great. I have a feeling buff/CD juggling may be an issue. I've redone my weakauras but they don't seem to be helping much. I've looked over the ones in the sticky but not sure I like any of them. If anyone has some really good ones, I'm game for those as well.

Thank you in advance
    -Sochu, Abyss, US-Whisperwind
    Some notes:
    - Try to use FoF more consistently. It is your hardest hitting ability in terms of damage / Chi.
    - Same for Serenity. On Darmac, there isn't really a reason to delay it that much when only focussing the boss (as you did).
    - Watch your TeB Stacks. By the looks of it in the log (TeB stacks and uptime of the buff), you capped them a lot. Don't do that. I personally prefer (with the 2p) to just use it for more or less every FoF and Serenity. Probably a bit more reactive play to trinket procs would be better, but either way: Don't cap.
    - Use Karma more often. You had one Rend and Tear quite early, there is no reason not to use Karma in that situation. It helps the healers and does a little damage. Later on, it can be used during Tantrum.
    - TP uptime should be higher.
    If you are having trouble keeping track of TP and TeB, you can search for the Weak Aura thread here in the forums, there are a lot of ideas and finished auras there to copy.

Other than that: Don't be sad if your DPS is lower on Darmac than that of other classes. Many guilds during progress let the really good AE classes do the Pack Beasts, which is obviously a huge push in terms of DPS, whereas monks stay on the boss (or, sometimes, are needed to cleave down the spears). You could also just ask your raidlead if you could help out with the adds, and argue that there is a lot of potential to support the healers - e.g. I cheesed the fight yesterday on heroic with Chi Burst and Torpedo, and had more than 10k HPS as a DD. But you'd lose a lot of boss damage in that case, whereas other classes (e.g. warri, mage, dk) don't lose that much.
    Still, with your gear, only nuking the boss (with the occasional Chi Burst on the adds) about 40k dps should be easily achieveable.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-03-19 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Armory: eu. battle. net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/brewfasa/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):
    www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/ZgKxTH7yAwjtrVBX/#type=summary

Questions/comments:
    Hey,

I've been comparing my own logs with the top WW monk's on warcraftlogs, for example this log: www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/vkLJq7ZTcbQHFdrP#fight=22&type=summary. (Q.1) When i look at his buff uptime, and my own, i see that my own TP is 10% lower, which means that i probably lost some uptime on it which i could improve. (Q.2) I also noticed that he's elusive brew is 75% with 16 casts, and mine 54% with 14 casts.. Does this mean that i simply dont use it enough? I'm never letting it cap to 20 or letting any stacks to waste, so how can i increase this uptime?.. (Q.3)Do i have to few haste to spam my spells enough and get more chi points for it?

Also when i look at the damage done page, our spell usage is almost the same. The only thing that is a big difference is that his FoF is his 2nd highest dmging spell, and for me its my 4th, with also only 9.2% dmg done, while he has 18.3%... His casts are also almost 2.5x as high as mine... That shows for sure that i dont use it enough, or not right on cd at least.

The thing that i might be doing wrong, is timing my TEB... Right now i pretty much use it all the time when i get either my serenity up, or FoF (which also makes me wait with FoF till i get at least 10 stacks), but not for trinket procs or ring procs..(Q.4) Should i use FoF without TEB, and just save it for Serenity and trinket/rings procs. Just spam FoF as soon as its of cd, even if it has no TEB up? (it feels that if i do FoF without TEB, that its a dps lose, but that could just be me) and as soon as serenity is about to get out of CD, save the TEB and use the mat the same time, and also use TEB whenever a trinket procs? (no matter how many stacks? or should i somehow focus to always have 10+ in case it randomly procs?)

I'm kinda hitting a dead end here, i hope that you'll be able to help me further with this

(Simcraft summary:
    # Gear Summary
    # gear_agility=3469
    # gear_stamina=4165
    # gear_crit_rating=1244
    # gear_haste_rating=945
    # gear_mastery_rating=261
    # gear_armor=1070
    # gear_multistrike_rating=1334
    # gear_versatility_rating=282
    # gear_avoidance_rating=159
    # set_bonus=tier17_2pc=1
    # set_bonus=tier17_4pc=1)

Brewfasa_Active : 44632 dps on a 250 sec fight ( 4 min 10 sec)
    Brewfasa_Active : 43400 dps on a 300 sec fight ( 5 min )
    Brewfasa_Active : 42694 dps on a 350 sec fight ( 5 min 50 sec)
    Brewfasa_Active : 42174 dps on a 400 sec fight ( 6 min 40 sec)

The long one i was in was ~5 min 30 sec, and i had 33k dps ( with movement but that shouldnt matter 10k dps) Where can i get the most out to get this 10k up

Deleted
    Armory: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/Pozzo-dell%27Eternità/Poyang/advanced
    Spec:MW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/qABJzx3w1L8byWMV#fight=1&type=healing
    Hi guys, i'm in need of some advice to improve my healing output, specifically Kromog and Oregorger. I know we often run weird healing comps and that can affect performances, but i feel there's something i'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT
    Sorry for being a prick, but i was posting from my mobile this morning and couldn't write too much.
    I probably just figured it out. I'm not generating all the chi i can, this translate in less uplift casting. For example during 7 minutes of our kromog kill i used expel harm just 4 times , gotta place a weak auras reminder for that, i also have just one revival's cast in 7 minutes...too bad for me.
    Last edited by mmocdaf623ef7e; 2015-03-20 at 04:05 PM.

Armory: us .battle. net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Miikasa/simple
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www .warcraftlogs. com/rankings/character/1095201/latest/

Hey, I was wondering why my dps is so low and ranking super low in my bracket. Not sure if it because no 4pc or what not. I see monks pulling around 40k ST yet i can't pull over 35k.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...i%C3%AE/simple
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Our BM Monk has some problems with damage intake recently. He says hes generelly taking too much damage. In this parse his shuffle uptime is kinda low, but there are also fights like Gruul or Kromog, where he has close to 100% uptime and still takes to much damage, he said.

Gruul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-taken&fight=4
    Kromog: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

I´m not the most avid monk player myself, in fact i main a Paladin. Maybe someone with more knowledge about the spec could provide some help. Would be much appreciated.

If there is any additional information you need, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikasa View Post
    Armory: us .battle. net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Miikasa/simple
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www .warcraftlogs. com/rankings/character/1095201/latest/

Hey, I was wondering why my dps is so low and ranking super low in my bracket. Not sure if it because no 4pc or what not. I see monks pulling around 40k ST yet i can't pull over 35k.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Was looking at your Gruul kill, not sure if thats the one you linked but, you shouldnt jab twice in 4 sec in the fight; do you start at 5 chi´s?. Chiburst is just horrible singletarget, you lack alot for dmg here. You do lack alot of ToK damage aswell, around 400-500k missing damage from TOK AND not chiewave/ZS. And the setbonus is indeed a nice dps increase, and if u get yourself some useful trinkets you should soon see your dps rise to 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...i%C3%AE/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Our BM Monk has some problems with damage intake recently. He says hes generelly taking too much damage. In this parse his shuffle uptime is kinda low, but there are also fights like Gruul or Kromog, where he has close to 100% uptime and still takes to much damage, he said.

Gruul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-taken&fight=4
    Kromog: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

I´m not the most avid monk player myself, in fact i main a Paladin. Maybe someone with more knowledge about the spec could provide some help. Would be much appreciated.

If there is any additional information you need, let me know.
    Looking at the Gruul kill:

Fight duration: 226s
    Serenity: 3/3
    Keg Smash: 24/28 (pretty good)
    Blackout Kick: 57/37 (ie. cast it 20 more times than necessary, ended fight with 120s of shuffle banked)
    Purifying Brew: 8 (this is really low, especially for Serenity)

Baseline energy gained (including 40s of bloodlust): 2380
    Leftover energy after 24 KS: 1420
    Jab/Expel Harm: 26/35
    Lost energy: 380
    Lost chi (including missing KS casts): 17

Overall analysis: KS and Serenity usage were pretty good, which is the usual first failure, so good job there! There is some room to improve on energy management; losing 9 casts of jab is not great on such a short fight.

The biggest concern is usage of Purifying Brew. Having Serenity and only casting PB every 28s on average is just unacceptable. He staggered 3.01m damage and then took 1.55m from the dot, so his purify efficiency was only 48%; this should be 70%+ when using Serenity. Stop casting BoK so much and replace that spare 2 minutes of shuffle duration with like 40 more PB casts, and cast another 10 during every Serenity while it's free.

Edit: Just noticed, his L30 talent usage is terrible. 1 cast of Zen Sphere for the entire fight. ZS itself isn't a bad choice on Gruul, but he should at least be keeping it up on himself with one cast every 16s.

Also it looks like you're having problems with tank swaps; both your tanks are taking long strings of autos from Gruul while they're getting hit by Inferno Strike, and your raid's getting wrecked by Overwhelming Blows as a result.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2015-03-23 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhead View Post
    Armory: eu. battle. net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/brewfasa/advanced
    www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/ZgKxTH7yAwjtrVBX/#type=summary

The thing that i might be doing wrong, is timing my TEB... Right now i pretty much use it all the time when i get either my serenity up, or FoF (which also makes me wait with FoF till i get at least 10 stacks), but not for trinket procs or ring procs..(Q.4) Should i use FoF without TEB, and just save it for Serenity and trinket/rings procs. Just spam FoF as soon as its of cd, even if it has no TEB up? (it feels that if i do FoF without TEB, that its a dps lose, but that could just be me) and as soon as serenity is about to get out of CD, save the TEB and use the mat the same time, and also use TEB whenever a trinket procs? (no matter how many stacks? or should i somehow focus to always have 10+ in case it randomly procs?)

I'm kinda hitting a dead end here, i hope that you'll be able to help me further with this

The long one i was in was ~5 min 30 sec, and i had 33k dps ( with movement but that shouldnt matter 10k dps) Where can i get the most out to get this 10k up

Ok so, your opener is wrong, huge dps loss - tp, rsk, BOK, chibrewchibrew, BOK, Jab serenity 100k+ burst easy peasy. Your probly prioritizing wrong since FoF damage is really low, FoF>serenity, dont really have time to look true everything on the log, but your ZS dmg is medium/high and FoF damage is low, something tells me you your prioritizing is just very wrong. And since the fight is gruul, i could guess u got interrupt by him on the slam, so pay attention to the timers.

*EDIT: looked true your logs some more and saw your dps at the 3min marker was even worse than your burst.. so okay, at the 3min mark, if you have played the monk correctly, the FoF + serenity, racial and xuen is upp. this is the time when u pop 2nd popp, before the first FoF ofc, and your TEB stacks should be 8+

Usally, you would use TEB like this, Energyzing brew + trinket proc, use TEB ( keep in mind the CD on FoF). Energyzing brew, notrinket proc and 3 or less teb stacks and 10-15 CD sec to FoF dont use TEB, 15+ cd use teb, ifnot serenity comes off CD after the FoF because then u want the 10stacks of teb for max dpz, if trinket proc appears during this time with 6-7sec or less cd on FoF, pop TEB, if serenity comes off CD after FoF, pop it because you get shitton of stacks anyways during fof+serenity. Always have TEB on FoF, if u cant handle the pressure go chiwave, much more relaxing. and yes the movement on gruul doesnt really mather at all
    Last edited by partyzuzu; 2015-03-23 at 11:18 PM. Reason: looked true logs some more

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...daricks/simple
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

This is the log from my most recent pulls. I feel like my DPS is on the low side. At times I can do OK on a few fights but overall I just feel mediocre. With the 4 piece I am trying to keep TEB up at 5+ stacks as much as possible for the bonus but I still feel like I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=117418, is it possible I punch air a lot?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdarix View Post
    With the 4 piece I am trying to keep TEB up at 5+ stacks as much as possible for the bonus but I still feel like I am doing something fundamentally wrong.
    Without even looking at your logs, this is what you're doing fundamentally wrong. Use TEB when trinkets proc, or above 10 stacks provided you will fit a FoF in during the 15s buff.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/medivh/Imananji/advanced
    Spec: MW
    Combat Log: (LFR Thogar) warcraftlogs com/reports/F4CQWdTG9mMjZvnw/#type=healing&source=12
    Combat Log: (Heroic Oregorger) warcraftlogs com/reports/F4CQWdTG9mMjZvnw/#type=healing&source=12
    Combat Log: (Heroic Gruul) warcraftlogs com/reports/VYwHy4bhnG1kjvxK#type=healing&fight=27&source=86

So I am here to seek advice and clarification. Here is what I know:

I switched to my monk shortly before BRF opened, and I am still the lowest geared toon in my raid aside from a new hunter. Our loot system is such that if anyone claims BiS on an item, they get priority. This is, of course, backed my lists on our guild forums. People who would get 2 or 4 sets are given priority on tokens (Which have mostly been Vanq tokens. The few Prot tokens that have dropped went to others). Basically: I've had bad luck with gear, and what I have gotten isn't itemized well, imo. So I feel like I have more haste than I should, and not enough multistrike.

Looking at logs for other monks, I think that I don't use Revival enough. Or at least this is the conclusion I've come to because my guild would like to see me do more healing. Not to place blame on anyone else, but I do raid with a Disc Priest and Holy Paladin, who are both excellent healers (with absorbs). I think that affects me as well.

At any rate, they are asking what's up with my numbers and I don't know what to tell them or where to start fixing my healing. Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

I also apologize about the links! This account is new, so apparently I can't post links. :/

Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Fengxia/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www warcraftlogs com/reports/GhAfwHnP1kLxWZrV#fight=4

Hey everyone, my guild wants me to swap to a monk tank from a warrior and I just did my first guild HC BRF run. Although my healers said things weren't that different, looking at the WCL rankings apparently I am performing very poorly in KRSI compared to other BrMonks. For example on Hans n Franz I scored in the 26th percentile and 21st percentile on Operator Thogar. I am trying to figure out why I am performing poorly on these fights, and what I need to do to improve.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teeky/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat.../2#v=0,d=0,c=4

Hi,

I have a question about my dps. Last night at Gruul heroic i did a little bit over 30k dps.
    Is this bad/medium or good dps for a WW with 679Ilevel?

Although im 5th on the dps rank this fight and i think that this isnt very bad, my real concern is at Operator Thogar.
    I simply cannot do anymore then 35k dps while other classes go easy above 40k!

This is the combatlog of mr. Robot of the Operator Thogar fight: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0

I hope somebody can help me with my dps, especially at a multiple target fight like Operator Thogar!

Thanks, Steeky

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...briated/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): Parses
    Recent Logs: Operator Thogar |Iron Maidens | Blackhand

I need to improve, I know that's for sure.
    I think I have the Serenity/Chi Brew style down pretty decent, its the ChiEx/Ascension that I have been struggling with.
    I will take any criticism, advice, etc.
    We have another WW in the guild, and he has a little better gear, but I still want to be able to beat him

Thank you in advance for any help!

Deleted
    Nuex,

You dont have Glyph of Blackout kick...
    Maybe that´s what is going wrong or is this something you did last night to change some things?

Deleted
    Armory: eu battle net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Fluffigboll/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): (BRF Heroic clear) www warcraftlogs com/reports/t4RhPdgBkQa8WpqD
    (Beastlord Mythic progress) www warcraftlogs com/reports/PNa6LFnMbGB3VYZk

Hi, I've seen mistweavers in my ilvl with 45k+ hps but I'm never around that number (except when our discpriest isnt there) and when I'm using RJW I always struggle with my mana.
    Is there something I can improve?
    Thanks, Fluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Nuex,

You dont have Glyph of Blackout kick...
    Maybe that´s what is going wrong or is this something you did last night to change some things?
    I haven't seen any Monk use it, so I figured that it must not be that good.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    I haven't seen any Monk use it, so I figured that it must not be that good.
    Its free damage for a minor glyph, not reason not to use it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teeky/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat.../2#v=0,d=0,c=4

Hi,

I have a question about my dps. Last night at Gruul heroic i did a little bit over 30k dps.
    Is this bad/medium or good dps for a WW with 679Ilevel?

Although im 5th on the dps rank this fight and i think that this isnt very bad, my real concern is at Operator Thogar.
    I simply cannot do anymore then 35k dps while other classes go easy above 40k!

This is the combatlog of mr. Robot of the Operator Thogar fight: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/8#v=0,d=0

I hope somebody can help me with my dps, especially at a multiple target fight like Operator Thogar!

Thanks, Steeky

Anybody who can help me please?