Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ollgirl/simple
    MW
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AfBCZ/#boss=-2

I only get to heal in heroic altruns etc. So only have heroic logs with an unstructured setting no cd planning or anything of the sort.
    What I felt while healing this run (as its the most recent one) is that a lot of the time I'm kind of reacting late and once I've setup a Rem + Uplift cast its just going to over-healing. While its something the spec has it feels like Im particularly bad at it.

Some logs are not particularly interesting, the first BH is the only backhand that's really relevant. Aside from that I spent most of Gruul, IM, Thogar and Hanz&Fanz just Fist-weaving so they aren't particularly interesting from a healing perspective (while it could be from knowing when to FW or not Im mostly looking for help in how to play when in the Wise Serpent stance)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollgirl View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ollgirl/simple
    MW
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...AfBCZ/#boss=-2

I only get to heal in heroic altruns etc. So only have heroic logs with an unstructured setting no cd planning or anything of the sort.
    What I felt while healing this run (as its the most recent one) is that a lot of the time I'm kind of reacting late and once I've setup a Rem + Uplift cast its just going to over-healing. While its something the spec has it feels like Im particularly bad at it.

Some logs are not particularly interesting, the first BH is the only backhand that's really relevant. Aside from that I spent most of Gruul, IM, Thogar and Hanz&Fanz just Fist-weaving so they aren't particularly interesting from a healing perspective (while it could be from knowing when to FW or not Im mostly looking for help in how to play when in the Wise Serpent stance)
    At first glance, I'm not really seeing much of an issue with your healing here. Seems like you're doing things mostly right at least. However, when looking at your overhealing, I can see where you think you're doing something wrong. Your problem, from a quick look over your logs anyways, is probably exactly what you just described, late reactions. Healing in general has always been, and always will be, preemptive. You want to be prepared for the damage to come out and be ready to use the appropriate ability.

Make sure you have ReMs out BEFORE major damage happens. Time Chi Bursts and Uplifts with bursts of damage. Save your Revivals for when most of the raid is hovering on low health. As a side note, you used RJW a LOT. That's not really a bad thing, but it did do a decent bit of overhealing so if you're having mana issues(which you didn't actually say anything about, just a tip) you can probably cut back on that a little.

Overall your healing looks fine though. You are overhealing a bit, but that's kind of expected with the way MWs work.

I am having trouble specifically with blackhand as a member who is asked to soak the smash in p2, but not a main member of the group. If I get sent up I'll ToD one, BoK a few for my side and drop down. However my percentile ranking for blackhand is in the 70s most nights. I don't know if it's a lack of skill (most likely) or a lack of HBeT trinket. On other fights I parse okay usually (99th percentile for fights like Gruul, Maidens, Flamebender). I score decently in blast furnace, beastlord, and thogarr also, but not mid to high 90s, not sure if it's because I go serenity/chi burst on those fights instead of ChiEx or what it may be otherwise.

Armory has the gear used for the linked parse

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Oldman/simple:
    2h Windwalker:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GLafymz7DdtgkhVx:

Deleted
    Alright, thanks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11 WW

I usually play brewmaster and i barely played ww in wod, so i'm struggling a bit and my gear is far from optimal for ww (i'll prolly have brewmaster gear on my armory so don't look at that, i'm using the t17 4p, I have around 1450 mastery (which seems to be really bad for ww) 2k ms and low other stats, fel spring coil trinket and blackhand hc trinket), and darmac mythic's weapon with a crit enchant (don't really want to change the enchant as i'll probably replace it soon)

So, far from optimal gear(especially trinkets) but i'm pulling 6-7k under my sims on single target, any obvious gameplay issue (other than the tiger's palm uptime) or points to improve?

Thank you!

Just started to play the game a month ago. We we're able to get to Archimonde in 2 nights of raiding normal HFC. Spent 1 night of official raiding and 1 off night on Archimonde. I couldn't post direct links since I'm new to this forum unforunately.

Armory: us. battle .net/wow/en/character/malganis/Tefia/advanced
    Archi Pulls (day 1): war craftlogs .com/reports/DymCWzaZ4v6GQbtK#type=healing&boss=1799&wipes=1
    Archi Pulls (day 2): war craftlogs .com/reports/YXx3kwafmzg1tqQj#type=healing&boss=1799&wipes=1

I've looked over the logs and some comments made on others. I'm attempting to do more damage since it show's I'm doing the highest raw healing. Is there anything I could do better in terms of healing?

I've also posted some of the kills from my PoV from HFC: youtube .com/watch?v=FEpp38dthZs&list=PLjgLVaddy6BTKgcC-l5eGX8dTk_TPQuff

Any criticism would be nice as I do want to get better that this class.

Thanks,
    Tefia

Quote Originally Posted by Tefia View Post
    Just started to play the game a month ago. We we're able to get to Archimonde in 2 nights of raiding normal HFC. Spent 1 night of official raiding and 1 off night on Archimonde. I couldn't post direct links since I'm new to this forum unforunately.

Armory: us. battle .net/wow/en/character/malganis/Tefia/advanced
    Archi Pulls (day 1): war craftlogs .com/reports/DymCWzaZ4v6GQbtK#type=healing&boss=1799&wipes=1
    Archi Pulls (day 2): war craftlogs .com/reports/YXx3kwafmzg1tqQj#type=healing&boss=1799&wipes=1

I've looked over the logs and some comments made on others. I'm attempting to do more damage since it show's I'm doing the highest raw healing. Is there anything I could do better in terms of healing?

I've also posted some of the kills from my PoV from HFC: youtube .com/watch?v=FEpp38dthZs&list=PLjgLVaddy6BTKgcC-l5eGX8dTk_TPQuff

Any criticism would be nice as I do want to get better that this class.

Thanks,
    Tefia
    I'm not really seeing much of an issue with any of your healing here. You had a good number of Uplift, ReM, and RJW casts. Used Revival plenty. Healing spread and talents look spot on. The only thing I'm really seeing is that you could probably cast Expel Harm a little more. It's basically free chi even if you arne't using Power Strikes. Have some down time and not chi capped? May as well use Expel Harm. That said, there are situations where you shouldn't use it on CD, so you may be perfectly fine, I have no idea. Can't really watch the video at work so just going off your logs here.

Just a note, raw healing means nothing. That includes all of your overhealing as well as your regular healing. You could spam Revival on CD and just spam Uplift and RJW until you oom and be top raw healing on any fight, but you probably didn't help your raid kill the boss by doing that. What you should be concerned about is the ratio of your effective healing to your overhealing. As a HoT/AoE healing class, you should be doing somewhere around 40-50% overhealing because it just happens. If you can get that lower and still maintain the same effective healing that's great. If it goes higher than about 50% than you may be doing something wrong. Also, healers aren't DPS. Don't worry about damage too much. If you can do some Fistweaving here and there that's great. It adds damage and gives you free mana. If you can't, don't stress over it. The only damage ability you really have that you should be worried about using is ToD and even that is negligible because your DPS will do the same amount of damage in just a second or two.

Armory: Server: Ragnaros NA, Vilkan from Nero Decree (its my first post i cant link)
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): reports/DvXPfy8FM27TzQCd#fight=56&type=damage-done&source=16 (you need to add "www,warcraftlogs"

My dps suck hard, 35k on Killrogg with 698 ilvl, im think something wrong is going on.... thanks for your help

Deleted
    Hello guys I started playing in early wod and i tryed some spec ending up picking a monk as main. At the start of brf I just felt so underwelming compared to other class that did make me take a break. Now I'm trying again to do the best I can with it but my performance aren't so great. I have now a chance to join a great guild and I'm here asking help.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Bonjwa/advanced
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7655267/latest#boss=0

Today I switched my 4pc brf normal/heroic with new gear that gave me 5ilvl and better secondary stats but I cant yet figure out if will be better or not ( here some logs from today's wipes warcraftlogs.com/reports/nyJPZbAzDkma27MX#source=5&fight=1 ).

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by mmoc1b3980fcc6; 2015-07-10 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Quaza/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): No logs

Yo! So im getting some new shinies in HFC now and im a bit unsure to if I want to replace my t17 with just HFC heroic gear. So I have t17 4set and now I got a pair of legs and a head from HFC, which boosts my agility by a lot, but also removes my t17 4set and much multistrike.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Twochionecup/simple
    Spec: MW
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/HZvgTf8C1h6FmzJ3#fight=34

Playing MW as an offspec for off nights. Really can't seem to see what I am doing wrong. Don't know if I am fist weaving too much, standing in the wrong place and not using RJW well or if my REM/uplift is going out at inappropriate times. Any help would be appreciated to increase my numbers

While there's a myriad of other issues with this fight, what I'm curious about is why I was hit by the boss and blown up at 4:44 on the kill. It's happened several times over multiple raid nights and is extremely frustrating for me. I'm pretty sure that one of the tanks was in range of the boss at all times and I definitely didn't taunt at any point so I can't make any sense of this.

Armory: us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Iruni/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/yHhF4AN6KRxv8pqZ

This is a new account so I need to break up the links, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbets View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Twochionecup/simple
    Spec: MW
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/HZvgTf8C1h6FmzJ3#fight=34

Playing MW as an offspec for off nights. Really can't seem to see what I am doing wrong. Don't know if I am fist weaving too much, standing in the wrong place and not using RJW well or if my REM/uplift is going out at inappropriate times. Any help would be appreciated to increase my numbers
    At a glance, you seem to be doing things right. You're casting the correct spells and your healing spread is about right. The only thing I can really say up front without going into detail with your logs is that you could use Revival a little more. On 15 boss pulls you used Revival 15 times. That's not that bad, but on longer fights you can get off 2 or more, even if it's just to help out your other healers. Your Eminence healing is slightly higher than I would expect, but your raid didn't seem to be having problems so you probably had a lot of down time.

My first thought is that you just don't have the gear that the other healers have, but I'm not sure of their gear levels. Your numbers aren't that far behind the shaman's, but the druid is about double the healing of both of you. Which either means he's very good or has much more gear. Again, I don't really see a lot wrong with your healing so I don't think it's too much your fault. I could go into a little more detail and see if you're actually doing something wrong later if you'd like, but if you're doing anything wrong at all I'd say your timing is probably just off. That's a big problem with MWs. They often don't time their Uplifts well and get their heals sniped. If you're not being significantly out geared by the druid or if he's not significantly more practiced, let me know and I'll take a closer look.

A couple notes though: You're probably better off with Tiger's Lust than Celerity unless you're using Chi Torpedo. Since it removes slows and can be used externally, it has many more uses and you probably don't need to roll that extra time very often anyways. Also, you should probably use Glyph of Touch of Death over a third healing gyph like Detoxing. The only time I wouldn't use ToD glyph is if you're on a low damage fight where there are a lot of adds to kill. Otherwise you're wasting chi if you use ToD a lot. You can replace Soothing Mist glyph in most cases if you actually need the Detoxing glyph.
    Last edited by Nokcihc; 2015-07-09 at 08:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iruni View Post
    While there's a myriad of other issues with this fight, what I'm curious about is why I was hit by the boss and blown up at 4:44 on the kill. It's happened several times over multiple raid nights and is extremely frustrating for me. I'm pretty sure that one of the tanks was in range of the boss at all times and I definitely didn't taunt at any point so I can't make any sense of this.

Armory: us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Iruni/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/yHhF4AN6KRxv8pqZ

This is a new account so I need to break up the links, sorry.
    Gorefiend was attacking your tank, Elzaro, at 4:42. At 4:44 he turns and smashes you once, killing you. You didn't cast anything that would bring the boss to you.

If you watch the replay: HERE and go to 4:40 you can watch your tank, square icon, run away from the boss, then boom, you die. Based on his casts for that time, it looks like he moved away to Thunder Clap and Shield Slam a small add.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-07-09 at 09:56 PM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Hello everyone. I am here to ask some piece of advice about my tanking (it s my 2nd spe but i am the main backup tank in my gu)

So we just killed Archi Hm yesterday . Right before we started i had my 4p with manoroth. And i think i am taking too much dmg. Do you have any idea? I am really not used to the serenity tanking i always played with CE, i think 17 purge aren t enought. What should be the average? Do i have to use it on yellow stagger? Or purge everything i can? When should i use serenity? I think i just need more reflex but for me asking isn t a shame so ! Here are the log for the down :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&source=14

Thx for the nexts answers
    Last edited by mmoc4f7716ea90; 2015-07-10 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Gorefiend was attacking your tank, Elzaro, at 4:42. At 4:44 he turns and smashes you once, killing you. You didn't cast anything that would bring the boss to you.

If you watch the replay: - and go to 4:40 you can watch your tank, square icon, run away from the boss, then boom, you die. Based on his casts for that time, it looks like he moved away to Thunder Clap and Shield Slam a small add.
    Thanks heaps, I had never tried it and was unaware of what the replay function actually showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokcihc View Post
    At a glance, you seem to be doing things right. You're casting the correct spells and your healing spread is about right. The only thing I can really say up front without going into detail with your logs is that you could use Revival a little more. On 15 boss pulls you used Revival 15 times. That's not that bad, but on longer fights you can get off 2 or more, even if it's just to help out your other healers. Your Eminence healing is slightly higher than I would expect, but your raid didn't seem to be having problems so you probably had a lot of down time.

My first thought is that you just don't have the gear that the other healers have, but I'm not sure of their gear levels. Your numbers aren't that far behind the shaman's, but the druid is about double the healing of both of you. Which either means he's very good or has much more gear. Again, I don't really see a lot wrong with your healing so I don't think it's too much your fault. I could go into a little more detail and see if you're actually doing something wrong later if you'd like, but if you're doing anything wrong at all I'd say your timing is probably just off. That's a big problem with MWs. They often don't time their Uplifts well and get their heals sniped. If you're not being significantly out geared by the druid or if he's not significantly more practiced, let me know and I'll take a closer look.

A couple notes though: You're probably better off with Tiger's Lust than Celerity unless you're using Chi Torpedo. Since it removes slows and can be used externally, it has many more uses and you probably don't need to roll that extra time very often anyways. Also, you should probably use Glyph of Touch of Death over a third healing gyph like Detoxing. The only time I wouldn't use ToD glyph is if you're on a low damage fight where there are a lot of adds to kill. Otherwise you're wasting chi if you use ToD a lot. You can replace Soothing Mist glyph in most cases if you actually need the Detoxing glyph.
    Thanks for the help. I think my timing is really off which is apparently how I'm getting snipped. I believe part of the problem is I play WW main spec and the thought of sitting at 4 chi even for 2-3 seconds terrifies me but I think separating that and forcing myself to spend that chi on an envelop w/expel up or wait 2-3 seconds for an effective uplift is probably better than dumping the chi into a useless envelop and then scrambling to gain chi again to start uplift. Thanks for the help.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okick/advanced
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/r2VG1zLc3xqhJQ6N / https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...qKN943#fight=6

I recently re-rolled (hehe) to brewmaster, and I am still a little new to everything so was wondering if I could get someone to peer review me, I don't wanna be the reason we can't progress! Any help/comments would be appreciated

The main issues I have with myself so far has been damage intake and cd usage, I feel squishy and I'm a bit shaky on if I've been using my defensives optimally
    Last edited by Yopok; 2015-07-10 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbets View Post
    Thanks for the help. I think my timing is really off which is apparently how I'm getting snipped. I believe part of the problem is I play WW main spec and the thought of sitting at 4 chi even for 2-3 seconds terrifies me but I think separating that and forcing myself to spend that chi on an envelop w/expel up or wait 2-3 seconds for an effective uplift is probably better than dumping the chi into a useless envelop and then scrambling to gain chi again to start uplift. Thanks for the help.
    Pooling chi when you know major damage is about to happen is actually a necessity when playing MW. As a WW you obviously almost never want to do that unless you know you're going to have to burst soon, but otherwise you just spend it as you get it and try not to cap. Healing in general is vastly different than DPS. You should be prepared for every burst of damage and be ready to deal with it however possible. Pooling your chi is great for that as you can get off 2 Uplifts right away and then follow it up with anywhere from 1-3 more, depending on your talent choices and how long until everyone is topped.

One final thing though, a lot of the fights in HFC are not MW friendly. MWs are some of the best healers in the game when the entire raid is taking consistent damage, like on Blast Furnace for instance, because you can blanket the raid in ReMs and then just spam Uplift for huge healing numbers. There isn't a whole lot of that in HFC. Most of the damage is sporadic and only hits a few people at once which is basically a MWs worst nightmare.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cknasty/simple
    Spec: MistWeaver
    Logs: http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/MG8K...ling&source=13
    http://warcraftlogs.com/reports/MG8K...ling&source=13

Hey guys, I recently joined a heroic/mythic progression guild and they wanted me to MW heal, I usually MW PvP heal, but never have I PvE healed. These parses are from my first run in heroic, and my second time guild healing the raid. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and why my hps is so low. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!