Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Looking at your Heroic Butcher kill, I can tell you need to completely change your opener, and be better at utilising your cooldowns.

For the opener - always begin the fight with max Chi by casting Expel Harm continuously pre-pull. Then, don't use the first FoF until you've built up some stacks of TEB, and use both your CBs in the first 10 seconds. This is my event-log for Mythic Butcher a couple of days ago; I'm not saying that's how a perfect opener looks, but I dare say it's a very good approximation of one: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=9&view=events
    Here is a link to your own event-log; compare the first ~25 seconds of mine to yours: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=1&view=events

In terms of utilising your CDs better; you cast your first Serenity 21 seconds into the fight, which is too late, then RSK - BOK and only then do you pop TEB. Then, 8 seconds into Serenity you start casting FoF, wasting 2 seconds of the buff.

At 1m 43s into the fight you cast TEB, then mess around with both a Jab, EH and CW before you finally start casting FoF - then, you pop Serenity when there's only 3 seconds left of TEB, and your TP buff wears off mid-Serenity as well. It also appears as though Butcher did Bounding Cleave while you had Serenity up; make sure to watch DBM timers, or you waste several seconds of the duration.
    Always, always, line TEB up with Serenity, and make sure you get the full duration of Serenity + FoF off during the 15 seconds the damage increase is active by casting one immediately after the other wears off without them overlapping.

During the last Serenity cast at 3m 26s you refresh TP with 10 seconds left on the duration, and TEB expires as well. You re-cast it quickly, which is fine if you had 10 stacks, but definitely preferable to get the full duration of Serenity during the same application of TEB.

Thanks for the very thorough overlook, I've had issues with my opener ever since I rerolled monk now in WoD, but I had no idea it was this bad. I will defo work with everything you've said. really appreciate it.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eetfoil/simple
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

I feel like I should do much more DPS than what I am currently doing. It would be awesome if someone could just look over this and give me a few pointers of what I should do next fight. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

My name is DrunkenBrew and I've been looking to improve my dps. I'm currently 674 iLvl, almost fully heroic geared and starting to get mythic pieces. The guild I am in is currently 2/7, progressing on a third. My dps usually hovers around 30k on fights with heave aoe but lingers around 27 on single target fights. I've been doing all I can to improve it and have a very good set of weak auras to tell me when to use what (I realize that its no substitute to game knowledge but it helps). Basically, I want to know if there's any other steps I can take to further improve myself and my dps. Cheers.

Logs (there are MANY logs to choose from in that one session): warcraftlogs com/reports/T8JBMVHaw4qxNcZz#fight=22
    Spec: Windwalker
    Armory: battle net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Drunkenbrew/simple

Side note: I switch between ChiEx and Serenity from fight to fight so I use MS enchants since they make a bigger impact and they're too expensive to switch atm. Also, cannot post links ;-;

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    Hello,

My name is DrunkenBrew and I've been looking to improve my dps. I'm currently 674 iLvl, almost fully heroic geared and starting to get mythic pieces. The guild I am in is currently 2/7, progressing on a third. My dps usually hovers around 30k on fights with heave aoe but lingers around 27 on single target fights. I've been doing all I can to improve it and have a very good set of weak auras to tell me when to use what (I realize that its no substitute to game knowledge but it helps). Basically, I want to know if there's any other steps I can take to further improve myself and my dps. Cheers.

Logs (there are MANY logs to choose from in that one session): warcraftlogs com/reports/T8JBMVHaw4qxNcZz#fight=22

Side note: I switch between ChiEx and Serenity from fight to fight so I use MS enchants since they make a bigger impact and they're too expensive to switch atm. Also, cannot post links ;-;

Thanks for any help.
    Hi DrunkenBrew. I'm in the same boat as you and parsed at about the same percentage with a similar ilevel at the time of the encounter. No matter where I ask and what I looked at, I wasn't able to find a specific improvement. Therefore I think a lot of it comes down to luck with procs, expensive vs cheap gems/enchants, and other consumable usages. Here is a comparison between your H Butcher Kill and mine. It so happens that the fight lengths and ilevels between you and I are identical. Our parse % is also nearly the same. This may be a good point of comparison. I looked at both of our performance and couldn't see much difference. - maybe you or someone else will notice something though:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5,1&type=casts

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Hi DrunkenBrew. I'm in the same boat as you and parsed at about the same percentage with a similar ilevel at the time of the encounter. No matter where I ask and what I looked at, I wasn't able to find a specific improvement. Therefore I think a lot of it comes down to luck with procs, expensive vs cheap gems/enchants, and other consumable usages. Here is a comparison between your H Butcher Kill and mine. It so happens that the fight lengths and ilevels between you and I are identical. Our parse % is also nearly the same. This may be a good point of comparison. I looked at both of our performance and couldn't see much difference. - maybe you or someone else will notice something though:
    Wow, that's a really neat feature. The one thing I did notice is that in comparing our event logs, you didn't TeB before your first FoF. That's all I noticed however. I still would like to get better, though; not sure what I need to do. :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for any help.
    Looking at your Butcher Kill:
    -You use RSK 18 out of 24 times. If you're using Transcendence to get back from the Bounding cleave there isn't really a reason to miss out on RSK.
    -You don't start the fight with 5 chi, and thus have to waste time Jabbing at the start. This slows you down pretty significantly.
    -You also didn't Xuen on pull. There's no need to wait until TEB to Xuen.
    -You should be using Chi Brew with Serenity. In addition, your first Serenity was also 15 seconds into the pull. If you start the fight with 5 Chi and use Chi Brew you should be able to get the first Serenity at 8-9 seconds, as well as have a 6-7 stack of TEB for the first FoF.

I'll take a look at some of your other fights when I get home in a few hours.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2015-01-22 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Formatting

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Inzz/simple
    Combat Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/ssiqu0rhttct8mao/sum/damageDone/?s=505&e=682#Inzz

Know that i'm doing well compered to my ilvl, but can always be better. As i'm realy bad at reading and analyzing longs it would be great to get some feedback on what i can do better or change in my rotation from people who know how to read and analyze them.

Thanks

Inzz

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingjing/simple
    combat log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...61&end=2485885

I feel like I'm struggling to play the chiex rotation correctly when I'm paying attention to mechanics during progression. Eg, watching exploding mushrooms, keeping an eye out for spore shooters, interrupting the add. I'm fine doing serenity but chiex I just have a hard time doing mechanics plus doing the math in my head for chiex optimization.

When I can ignore mechanics I can do fine but progression, not so much. 40k dps on twin Ogron heroic farm. 32k on mythic progression.

And during some of our butcher attempts I do equal dps as I did on brackenspore. My dps is high, but that's just because how powerful WW is on those fights and not only do I dislike doing high dps just due to class but when our cleave gets nerfed i really worry how well I'll perform.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2015-01-22 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Brainglesama/advanced (I'm using serenity/chi brew, armory just not updated yet)
    combat log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/LRJqQrDV8HWTZNP9#fight=14 (Mythic butcher attempts)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/3TmfbHJR6ankAtPY#fight=10 (Heroic butcher kill)

Out of the 20 some pulls we did on mythic butcher, the one above is where I thought I did best on. I believe I should be doing more than 27k, is there something that I'm missing? not doing correctly? I included a heroic butcher kill parse where i believe I did pretty well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Braingler; 2015-01-23 at 05:12 AM.

Bump, I'd appreciate any insight into improvement.

I'd appreciate any input as I've bumped this from couple pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    I need your help, Total, Salty, or whomever can give good insight. I've been playing monk for quite some time and in SoO was performing well. However, since after the initial changes in WoD I've been struggling. Compared to my raid group I'm on lowest ilvl end but my percentiles are low so would like insight. I'll add that I just got Scales Sat 1/17. and though it shows I haven't had time to really set things up to maximize it as I had a 630 on use trinket.

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ethosmv/simple

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7cVMPd#fight=1

Windwalker, I'd appreciate all the input from as many as possible to help with any and all bosses. Kor'agh and Imp are the ones I've had the most issues with but any advice on all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Faked/advanced
    Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/aJcFbfnGmxtphkgW#fight=5

While I do decent enough within my guild usually being 1 or 2 on cleave fights, and middle of the pack on single target fights, when I compare myself to other monks of the same Ilvl I am getting wrecked. The damage difference between them and me ranges from 3k-14k. I assume I am doing the same wrong thing on every fight since I get severely out dps by other monks of comparable ilvl, but I cannot seem to figure out what it is. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippz View Post

While I do decent enough within my guild usually being 1 or 2 on cleave fights, and middle of the pack on single target fights, when I compare myself to other monks of the same Ilvl I am getting wrecked. The damage difference between them and me ranges from 3k-14k. I assume I am doing the same wrong thing on every fight since I get severely out dps by other monks of comparable ilvl, but I cannot seem to figure out what it is. Any help at all would be appreciated.
    Looking at your Butcher kill (I suspect your other fights have similar issues):

- 25/33 RSK's
    - 9/11 FoF's
    - 11/17 Chi Waves
    - 2/5 Chi Brews
    - You aren't using Transcendence to get back after every Bounding Cleave
    - I'd recommend using potions. They make a huge difference.
    - You don't use Expel Harm
    - You don't seem to be Blackout Kicking as much as I am. Here's my log:

warcraftlogs com/reports/RH2xdFn8kC3yJZcQ#fight=5&type=casts&source=5

and armory:

us.battle net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Qwaai/advanced

I get 13 more BoK's and have 14 fewer seconds on my kill. You're missing a few BoK's from the Chi Brew, and it looks like I had an extra Combo Breaker. You also waste 8 Chi from Jabs, and miss a few during your second Serenity.

However, the biggest thing I see is my stuff is just hitting harder than yours, which shouldn't be the case. I have 54% uptime on TEB, and you have 34%. You're missing out on a huge amount of damage from that and not using potions.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2015-01-24 at 08:49 PM.

Just looking for some input if i am performing well or i need to improve on anything. appreciate any input. I feel my two weakest bosses are koragh and imp and any tips wold be nice.

armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Blakiichan/advanced

logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/744919/latest#

Deleted
    we just tried koragh mythic. and im not performing well with my monk. this is the only boss i am lacking dmg and i dont know what i am doing wrong..

char: EU - Shattrath - Quinmonk
    spec: windwalker
    logs: warcraft logs /reports/NcjqTpCnMLQrBPAZ

it is my twink so maybe i am doing something wrong. i do only boss dmg and free one mc alone after second add phase.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yuno/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=8

Hey guys Im looking to improve going into mythics I just want to be able to perform at the highest lvls and want to make sure my mechanics and what I think is the best way to play the monk are correct and if not I would like to get better
    Last edited by GasaiYuno951; 2015-01-26 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, i need some help for our Windwalker.
    yesterday, we did some mythic butcher.
    our windwalker was last with ~20k dps

warcraftlogs
    armory

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    You aren't using Transcendence to get back after every Bounding Cleave
    People need to stop making a big deal out of Transcendence; it doesn't make any difference whether you Roll or Transcendence after the knockback, except that Roll is so much less cumbersome to use.
    On my guild's most recent kill I had 99.71% uptime on boss, which was the highest in our raid - just by rolling.
    Last edited by Freds1234; 2015-01-26 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    As said in the Brewmaster thread I went ChiX for our quick normal clear yesterday (gearing up some guildies that rerolled a diff class/had other reasons to not be geared yet). I did fine on Butcher, but my ranking at Brackenspore dipped horribly (20% in my bracket does not make me happy at all). I know I'm simply not good enough to be top of my class, but this is just too low.

Warcraftlogs
    Armory

What I saw myself:
    Both Shuffle (95%) and TP (97%) uptime were ok-ish (Shuffle could be better, but 95% is not bad)
    Keg Smash 28/36. Since my co-tank was fulltime on adds, he had to pull and I had to be careful not to overaggro at the start, which meant I had to skip/delay some KS, but I saw I missed some later on in the fight too, which I simply shouldn't
    Expel Harm 8/19 That's just mismanagement, I guess
    Not using Xuen - no excuse for forgetting to swap talents

What has been mentioned is that I could have ToD'd on Mind Fungus, that would have been a nice addition to my damage done, I guess.

Are there other things I missed/other reasons my damage was way below what I expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    snip
    I think the real question is, why in the world would you care about your dps as BrM? Especially on Bracken.. Normal.
    I mean, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    I think the real question is, why in the world would you care about your dps as BrM? Especially on Bracken.. Normal.
    I mean, really?
    If he can be doing more damage there isn't a reason not to. A tank spec doing 3k more dps is the same thing as a dps spec doing 3k more dps. I'm not sure why which difficulty it is matters. If he's worried his damage is low in normal when staying alive is trivial then it's likely he could be doing more damage in heroic/mythic where surviving is a concern.