Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because it's Normal, I'm outgearing it by a lot (669 ilvl) and I was in no danger at all for dying. So then the next step is pulling some more dps because why not. Makes the fights go faster. I don't dps-whore in progress content, since I'm working on mitigation and survivability then. I do on ez mode farm content.

So, even though I have stopped hardcore raiding due to not having enough time and money on my hands I still feel like improving and doing my absolute best. I've usually mained a warlock/rogue but now I've rerolled windwalker and I feel like I could do better.

Please note that at the time of the kill I didn't have a 685 chest but a 630 one. I'd like to ask you, pro windwalkers, to help me out a little bit. How can I improve? I know I've only used a single potion during the fight but that was because I ran out of them so I couldn't really use the agi potion a second time. I wasn't assigned to the chain hurl duty. I know I'm using Ascension and that is not the best DPS talent out there.

Ignore the cheaper enchants, I'm very low on gold at the moment since this is a new account and I'm starting fresh so I don't have any gold from boosts anymore to afford the best enchants available.

This is a log of our guild's first Kargath kill on Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=10
    This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taemi/advanced
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-01-27 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    I'd appreciate any input as I've bumped this from couple pages back.
    My raid team is wanting to bench me as I'm lowest ilvl and near bottom of dps of course on ST and in middle on cleave. The average ilvl is about 8+ more than I am. Raid utility is the reason, If someone could help look at my logs and give me any improvement I'd greatly appreciate it. I've bumped this from couple pages back.
    I need your help, Total, Salty, or whomever can give good insight. I've been playing monk for quite some time and in SoO was performing well. However, since after the initial changes in WoD I've been struggling. Compared to my raid group I'm on lowest ilvl end but my percentiles are low so would like insight. I'll add that I just got Scales Sat 1/17. and though it shows I haven't had time to really set things up to maximize it as I had a 630 on use trinket.

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ethosmv/simple

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7cVMPd#fight=1

Windwalker, I'd appreciate all the input from as many as possible to help with any and all bosses. Kor'agh and Imp are the ones I've had the most issues with but any advice on all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by Methosmv; 2015-01-27 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Didn't add some info

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My raid team is wanting to bench me as I'm lowest ilvl and near bottom of dps of course on ST and in middle on cleave. The average ilvl is about 8+ more than I am. Raid utility is the reason, If someone could help look at my logs and give me any improvement I'd greatly appreciate it. I've bumped this from couple pages back.
    Looking at a more recent Butcher parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Tiger Power: 97% good
    Fists of Fury: 8 of 9 casts
    Rising Sun Kick: 18 of 31 casts - not good
    Chi Wave: 13 of 16
    Touch of Karma: 1 of 3 - not good
    Chi Explosion? Why would you take that over Serenity?

TEB usage looks fine. You missed a bunch of DPS by casting RSK every 14s instead of every 8, thats a lot of DPS lost. Definitely use Touch of Karma more proactively if you know you won't need it defensively.

Other than that its just your gear. If you're being benched for raid utility then your dps won't matter, although in a heroic raid I'm not sure why anyone would need to be benched.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lffaw/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...JQWrb/#fight=1

I am starting my trial tonight with a new guild and I think my performance is good, but is it possible someone have a quick look to see if there is anything I need to drastically improve.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/L%C3%B9o/advanced
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzLTmbqGCwBAgQhx#fight=5

I'm Lùo
    I didn't have the Mythic shoulders at the time, but I still feel like I should be doing more damage? That's pretty standard for me though, so not really sure where I'm going wrong.

Also should I be considering my weapon proc (multistrike) as a time to pop TEB?
    Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    People need to stop making a big deal out of Transcendence; it doesn't make any difference whether you Roll or Transcendence after the knockback, except that Roll is so much less cumbersome to use.
    On my guild's most recent kill I had 99.71% uptime on boss, which was the highest in our raid - just by rolling.
    It does make a difference.

You can't roll until you hit the ground. You can use transcendence.
    Last edited by larktheslark; 2015-01-28 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

If it made a difference it would be indicated by the activity percentage on WCL; it isn't, and therefore doesn't. In fact, the top 5 WW on WCL all used Transcendence, and all had lower uptime than I did on my kills. If you want to persist in doing something that will lower your output because you're too stubborn to examine the evidence, be my guest, but stop spreading misinformation.
    Last edited by Freds1234; 2015-01-28 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    If it made a difference it would be indicated by the activity percentage on WCL; it isn't, and therefore doesn't. In fact, the top 5 WW on WCL all used Transcendence, and all had lower uptime than I did on my kills. If you want to persist in doing something that will lower your output because you're too stubborn to examine the evidence, be my guest, but stop spreading misinformation.
    I'm not sure I can think of any scenario on Butcher where using Transcendence would lower your uptime compared to Roll. Transcendence takes an extra cast to set up, but there should be a free GCD somewhere in your rotation frequently. Once you're knocked back transcendence is instant mid-air, whereas roll requires you to land then the time to roll forward.

You may have higher uptime than the top 5 WW, but that doesn't mean trascendence somehow takes more time than roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by larktheslark View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/L%C3%B9o/advanced
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzLTmbqGCwBAgQhx#fight=5

I'm Lùo
    I didn't have the Mythic shoulders at the time, but I still feel like I should be doing more damage? That's pretty standard for me though, so not really sure where I'm going wrong.

Also should I be considering my weapon proc (multistrike) as a time to pop TEB?
    Thanks.
    You were in the 78th percentile on this kill and top in your raid, not sure why you feel you should be doing more damage. Your Tiger Power fell off for quite a few seconds in the middle of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'm not sure I can think of any scenario on Butcher where using Transcendence would lower your uptime compared to Roll. Transcendence takes an extra cast to set up, but there should be a free GCD somewhere in your rotation frequently. Once you're knocked back transcendence is instant mid-air, whereas roll requires you to land then the time to roll forward.

You may have higher uptime than the top 5 WW, but that doesn't mean trascendence somehow takes more time than roll.

- - - Updated - - -

You were in the 78th percentile on this kill and top in your raid, not sure why you feel you should be doing more damage. Your Tiger Power fell off for quite a few seconds in the middle of the fight.
    How do the percentiles on WarcraftLogs rankings work? Does the 78th percentile mean that he did only 78% out of the maximum DPS his character could do in that particular gear with a perfect rotation or it does some calculations based on a few best parses and shows his DPS being a % out of the best few? I'm new to that thingy so if you could explain that a little bit it'd be great and would let me understand some of my logs better.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-01-29 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    The percentile thingy on warcraftlogs, let's say you had 78% - does that mean you did 78% out of the maximum DPS your char could do or it takes all parses of monks from that particular boss fight from a single(both?) difficulties and does some math based on that? Call me stupid, but we didn't really have percentiles yet and I didn't really study on my own.
    It means that you did more dps than X% of other parses. If you were in the 78th percentile, then you did more dps than 78% of the parses available.

The percentile thingy on warcraftlogs, let's say you had 78% - does that mean you did 78% out of the maximum DPS your char could do or it takes all parses of monks from that particular boss fight from a single(both?) difficulties and does some math based on that? Call me stupid, but we didn't really have percentiles yet and I didn't really study on my own.
    Your percentile is just the fraction of parses that were worse than you. If you get 78% that means that you did more dps than 78% of all WW parses for that boss on that difficulty.

e: dammit, too slow

Deleted
    Where do people check your uptime on boss?

Because if it is calculated from the time you deal damage to the boss, with WW you can /dance yourself back to the boss and get close to 100% "uptime" if you use BoK just before knockback giving the dot to the boss.

Looking at a more recent Butcher parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Tiger Power: 97% good
    Fists of Fury: 8 of 9 casts
    Rising Sun Kick: 18 of 31 casts - not good
    Chi Wave: 13 of 16
    Touch of Karma: 1 of 3 - not good
    Chi Explosion? Why would you take that over Serenity?

TEB usage looks fine. You missed a bunch of DPS by casting RSK every 14s instead of every 8, thats a lot of DPS lost. Definitely use Touch of Karma more proactively if you know you won't need it defensively.

Other than that its just your gear. If you're being benched for raid utility then your dps won't matter, although in a heroic raid I'm not sure why anyone would need to be benched.

I was not as comfortable with serenity and just using that at the time though I've gotten more comfortable with serenity, and will work on the RSK, I really appreciate your input. I didn't think there was anything massive , but can appreciate any input. Thanks

So I'm pretty much limited by my ilvl. No way of getting, say, 90th percentile as a 667 monk because your parses are compared to people with higher ilvl. Right? I guess there is a percentile for a particular ilvl bracket, but your general percentile heavily depends on your ilvl, doesn't it?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-01-29 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm pretty much limited by my ilvl. No way of getting, say, 90th percentile as a 667 monk because your parses are compared to people with higher ilvl. Right? I guess there is a percentile for a particular ilvl bracket, but your general percentile heavily depends on your ilvl, doesn't it?
    Gear certainly can have a big impact. Even if you play perfectly it will be nearly impossible to beat someone who plays well with a much higher ilvl. WCL breaks things up into brackets, but obviously you'll do more dps if you're in the higher end of each bracket.

Its not impossible to get high percentiles with low ilvl, just very difficult.

hello guys, i m pretty new to monk WW, i m currently ilvl 660, and I still wonder for the majority of Highmaul bosses, is it better to go serenity/chi brew, or chi explosion/ascension? currently i m serenity/chi brew, with multistrike enchant, but after the nerfs some guildies say i should go chi explosion with full haste enchants, what do you think? dps wise what is better now?

Deleted
    Armory: www()warcraftlogs()com/reports/1C87P6krGhRAcHBa#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=18
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): eu()battle()net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Djstrubbxqtx/simple

I know this is heroic butcher, but it's the fight where i felt like i played as good as i could. I'm trying to get 36k+ on the mythic 4min fight.
    I just wanna know what it boils down to, me missing a couple of gcds or not lining up tigereye brew with trinket procs, i think it might be one of those two but im not really good at analyzing logs myself. any help would be appreciated. () instead of dots since i cant post links yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erla1012 View Post
    Armory: www()warcraftlogs()com/reports/1C87P6krGhRAcHBa#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=18
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): eu()battle()net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Djstrubbxqtx/simple

I know this is heroic butcher, but it's the fight where i felt like i played as good as i could. I'm trying to get 36k+ on the mythic 4min fight.
    I just wanna know what it boils down to, me missing a couple of gcds or not lining up tigereye brew with trinket procs, i think it might be one of those two but im not really good at analyzing logs myself. any help would be appreciated. () instead of dots since i cant post links yet.
    You placed in the 99th percentile, not exactly how you think you can improve. You claim to know the mistakes you may make so it should be pretty easy to figure out whether you can improve or not. Why do you think you should be doing +36k? Is that number arbitrary? It would put you in the top 30 in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AJ989 View Post
    hello guys, i m pretty new to monk WW, i m currently ilvl 660, and I still wonder for the majority of Highmaul bosses, is it better to go serenity/chi brew, or chi explosion/ascension? currently i m serenity/chi brew, with multistrike enchant, but after the nerfs some guildies say i should go chi explosion with full haste enchants, what do you think? dps wise what is better now?

Please read the first post in a thread before replying or starting a new thread. This question is discussed pretty regularly in the WW guide thread, I suggest you check there as well as these threads:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-Tricks
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Simple-Answers

Deleted
    You placed in the 99th percentile, not exactly how you think you can improve. You claim to know the mistakes you may make so it should be pretty easy to figure out whether you can improve or not. Why do you think you should be doing +36k? Is that number arbitrary? It would put you in the top 30 in the world.
    Well i really want to become better, and i'm trying to find tips wherever i can. Those two examples were just some suggestions and since im not that good at analyzing logs i thought someone here could point out my mistakes on that fight so i can try to correct them. I just feel like 36-37k is a number which i would be satisfied with.
    Last edited by mmoc4f9f77f108; 2015-01-29 at 03:19 PM.

So, anyway, could someone analyze my earlier kargath log? Thanks for explaining the entire percentile thing.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    At the moment of the kill I didn't have the Captive Micro-Aberration trinket and the 685 chest so ignore these two items. I wasn't assigned to the chain hurl duty either so I couldn't do some DPS whoring. The reason for cheap enchants is that I'm very low on gold at the moment since this is a new account and I'm starting fresh so I don't have any gold from boosts anymore to afford the best enchants available.

This is a log of our guild's first Kargath kill on Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=10
    This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taemi/advanced