Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...in/West/simple
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JTc7WxDvhAV6yZGr

Hi Guys, I am extremely new to brewmaster and raid tanking in general so I was hoping someone could shed any light on things I might be doing wrong now so that I don't develop any bad habits. What is linked here is my first time ever raid tanking.

Some things I'd like to know:
    -Stats, currently I am trying out crit; but with the tanking weapon enchant. Is this effective at my gear level or should I still be going more mastery? Also should I keep the tanking weapon enchant or go for the crit?

-Cooldowns, currently I feel like I am not using them effectively. I try to line them up with predictable damage but when unexpected things happen I tend to panic and use them all. That seems like it might be the wrong way to handle it, but I don't know.

-Threat, I have too much. Is this an issue for other brewmasters as well? If I am not tanking at the pull I have to wait for what seems like ever before I do much of anything. I don't believe I overgear my co-tank, and he's a career tank so I assume he knows how to threat, I just don't know what to do. Currently there are two hunters and a rogue transferring threat to him.

-Damage, I feel like I could push more based on my gear and our healers' abilities. I plan to transition to ChiEx, but was wondering if it was fight dependent or if it was just a damage increase overall. I think I probably Jab too much because I know I have delayed a fair number of Keg smashes, but I tend to focus on my shuffle and trying to keep enough of it banked so that it doesn't fall off between Serenity casts (obviously this mentality will change while using ChiEx--I assume).

-Glyphs/Talents, currently I am all over the place here. I think my glyphs are more 5-man oriented. Are there any specific ones to use for certain bosses?

-Anything else!

Thank you in advance for any insight!

Quote Originally Posted by vykas View Post
    Shuffle uptime: 56%
    Keg Smash: 61/106
    Serenity: 8/14
    Breath of Fire: 42

Okay, I'm just going to stop here. The short story is that you need to work on the basics before worrying about any of your other questions. Forget about your dps entirely.

You have an enormous chi problem. Even if you never energy capped, you lost 165 chi just by not hitting KS and Serenity on cooldown. You lost another 82 chi by spending it on Breath of Fire. That's 12 minutes of potential shuffle uptime that you lost; no wonder you only had 8 minutes of shuffle in a 14 minute fight.

My advice is: Take BoF off your bar. Cast Serenity on cooldown, and push BoK every GCD while it's active. Work on pooling energy so you can cast KS on cooldown (ie. don't cast jab or RJW unless you're over 80 energy). Once you have a good buffer of shuffle, spend your leftover chi on Purifying Brew.

As for gearing, you need to be getting mastery, not crit; it will serve you much better while you work on fixing the rotational problems.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2015-01-29 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Shuffle uptime: 56%
    Keg Smash: 61/106
    Serenity: 8/14
    Breath of Fire: 42

Okay, I'm just going to stop here. The short story is that you need to work on the basics before worrying about any of your other questions. Forget about your dps entirely.

You have an enormous chi problem. Even if you never energy capped, you lost 165 chi just by not hitting KS and Serenity on cooldown. You lost another 82 chi by spending it on Breath of Fire. That's 12 minutes of potential shuffle uptime that you lost; no wonder you only had 8 minutes of shuffle in a 14 minute fight.

My advice is: Take BoF off your bar. Cast Serenity on cooldown, and push BoK every GCD while it's active. Work on pooling energy so you can cast KS on cooldown (ie. don't cast jab or RJW unless you're over 80 energy). Once you have a good buffer of shuffle, spend your leftover chi on Purifying Brew.

As for gearing, you need to be getting mastery, not crit; it will serve you much better while you work on fixing the rotational problems.
    That's what I was looking for. I figured I was falling short on my chi management--energy pooling didn't even occur to me, and I figured that missing a KS was bad--I just couldn't figure out how to do everything I thought I needed to do. Also, just to clarify then, is BoF not usefull during the small adds phase/ any non-boss adds?

Quote Originally Posted by vykas View Post
    That's what I was looking for. I figured I was falling short on my chi management--energy pooling didn't even occur to me, and I figured that missing a KS was bad--I just couldn't figure out how to do everything I thought I needed to do. Also, just to clarify then, is BoF not usefull during the small adds phase/ any non-boss adds?
    BoF isn't truly useless, but it has to be used carefully because it doesn't give any shuffle. When the rest of your rotation is good enough that you have 95%+ shuffle uptime then yeah, there are times when it's reasonable to sacrifice two PBs for a BoF to pump out more damage on a big pile of adds. But you're not at that point yet.

Generally, if there are a significant amount of adds that you need to deal with, talent for RJW; it's a straight upgrade from Jab when you can hit 3 targets with it and won't hurt your shuffle at all.

BoF isn't truly useless, but it has to be used carefully because it doesn't give any shuffle. When the rest of your rotation is good enough that you have 95%+ shuffle uptime then yeah, there are times when it's reasonable to sacrifice two PBs for a BoF to pump out more damage on a big pile of adds. But you're not at that point yet.

Generally, if there are a significant amount of adds that you need to deal with, talent for RJW; it's a straight upgrade from Jab when you can hit 3 targets with it and won't hurt your shuffle at all.
    Could you please take a look at my log as well? I've posted it a page earlier and other people had theirs logs looked at while mine was just left alone there, sitting in the corner, crying.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    At the moment of the kill I didn't have the Captive Micro-Aberration trinket and the 685 chest so ignore these two items. I wasn't assigned to the chain hurl duty either so I couldn't do some DPS whoring. The reason for cheap enchants is that I'm very low on gold at the moment since this is a new account and I'm starting fresh so I don't have any gold from boosts anymore to afford the best enchants available.

This is a log of our guild's first Kargath kill on Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=10
    This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taemi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Could you please take a look at my log as well? I've posted it a page earlier and other people had theirs logs looked at while mine was just left alone there, sitting in the corner, crying.
    You did 30.2k DPS at 661. That puts you in the 95th percentile (top 5%) for the 648 - 662 bracket, and the 75th percentile (top 25%) for the 663 - 677 bracket. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Kargath isn't the strongest WW fight (pure ST, no cleaves) and no doubt some of the others in that fight may have hit the stands too.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    You did 30.2k DPS at 661. That puts you in the 95th percentile (top 5%) for the 648 - 662 bracket, and the 75th percentile (top 25%) for the 663 - 677 bracket. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Kargath isn't the strongest WW fight (pure ST, no cleaves) and no doubt some of the others in that fight may have hit the stands too.
    Not sure where you got those percentiles but these are the correct ones: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    82nd for your ilvl, and 58th overall.

You missed 5 casts of FoF, 6 Chi Wave, 1 Energizing Brew, 13 RSK, and had unfortunately bad trinket luck. Energy capped 13 times and never used Touch of Karma. Thats a lot of lost casts.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Sure, let me just take a look here...
    Shuffle uptime: 0%
    Keg smash: 0/38
    Purify efficiency: error dividing by 0

Conclusion: WW is terrible at tanking. I'll leave the DPS analysis to someone more familiar with the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Not sure where you got those percentiles but these are the correct ones: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    82nd for your ilvl, and 58th overall.

You missed 5 casts of FoF, 6 Chi Wave, 1 Energizing Brew, 13 RSK, and had unfortunately bad trinket luck. Energy capped 13 times and never used Touch of Karma. Thats a lot of lost casts.
    Yeah, but this fight had a lot of movement and I couldn't finish a few FoF casts due to Berserker Rush or the orange/green pools spawning under me. I thought that it's better to get 1-2 ticks then interrupt than not cast it at all or delay it by a significant amount of time.

Are interrupted casts counted towards the "missed casts" you speak of? Also, to figure out the amount of missed casts do you just divide the fight length by X skill CD and then count from there?

As for the FoF Interrupt vs Delay - am I right to assume that it's better to get 1-2 ticks of FoF rather than delaying it for a full cast and possibly miss one due to not using it right when it comes off CD? What I mean by missing one is that by delaying the full cast the CD wouldn't come off before the fight ends. Might not really make sense once you read that but I'm only after 4 hours of sleep so meh, don't judge me, I'm trying my best here!

Energy capping - I tend to energy cap during Serenity when I have max chi and I'd just rather spam Blackout Kick than use Jab and bring my energy level down and not get any Chi out of it because I'm at max Chi anyway. I assume that's the correct way to approach such situation.

Sure, let me just take a look here...
    Shuffle uptime: 0%
    Keg smash: 0/38
    Purify efficiency: error dividing by 0

Conclusion: WW is terrible at tanking. I'll leave the DPS analysis to someone more familiar with the spec.
    Right, sorry mate, but thank you anyway. Just thought you were familiar with WW as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    Perhaps the numbers are right but only for pure Single Target damage on the boss? I couldn't be possibly placed in the 95th percentile on a fight with crazy AoE phases by not doing any AoE at all.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-01-30 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You were in the 78th percentile on this kill and top in your raid, not sure why you feel you should be doing more damage. Your Tiger Power fell off for quite a few seconds in the middle of the fight.
    I'm not really sure. I just feel like i could be doing more on that fight, I'll work on the tiger power.

Also when do we use Karma in the Dampen Harm/Touch of Karma rotation for cleave stacks? (I think I read somewhere you use it just before the second cleave when stacking to 3, is this correct?
    (Log Reference - It's a few pages back now https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=summary)

Any tips to improve anywhere? or am i just limited by gear. www()warcraftlogs.com/reports/GxrqWRgZQnTvBa18#fight=2

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but this fight had a lot of movement and I couldn't finish a few FoF casts due to Berserker Rush or the orange/green pools spawning under me. I thought that it's better to get 1-2 ticks then interrupt than not cast it at all or delay it by a significant amount of time.

Are interrupted casts counted towards the "missed casts" you speak of? Also, to figure out the amount of missed casts do you just divide the fight length by X skill CD and then count from there?

As for the FoF Interrupt vs Delay - am I right to assume that it's better to get 1-2 ticks of FoF rather than delaying it for a full cast and possibly miss one due to not using it right when it comes off CD? What I mean by missing one is that by delaying the full cast the CD wouldn't come off before the fight ends. Might not really make sense once you read that but I'm only after 4 hours of sleep so meh, don't judge me, I'm trying my best here!

Energy capping - I tend to energy cap during Serenity when I have max chi and I'd just rather spam Blackout Kick than use Jab and bring my energy level down and not get any Chi out of it because I'm at max Chi anyway. I assume that's the correct way to approach such situation.
    Interrupted casts are not counted toward the "missed casts" I mentioned. To figure out max casts just take Fight Length (seconds) / ability cooldown. ex. 240s fight (Butcher) / 25s FoF CD = 9 maximum casts.

It would be better to get half a cast off assuming that if you waited you would lose an overall cast, better some than none. The math as to whether its better to miss X seconds of channeling vs missing X total casts is not any I'm going to do before going to work. 99% of the time you want to use a full channel.

You will always energy cap during Serenity, but you used Serenity 4 times and capped energy on 13 occasions. If you cap energy then you're missing out on Chi, which then makes you miss out on casts of RSK and FoF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by larktheslark View Post
    I'm not really sure. I just feel like i could be doing more on that fight, I'll work on the tiger power.

Also when do we use Karma in the Dampen Harm/Touch of Karma rotation for cleave stacks? (I think I read somewhere you use it just before the second cleave when stacking to 3, is this correct?
    (Log Reference - It's a few pages back now https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=summary)
    I use Touch of Karma on the 1st round of cleaves, right before the 2nd cleave. I then use DH about 10-15s before the next round of cleaves so it gets every one.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Butcher Mythic, please help (log included)

Can anyone please help.

I am in a heap of trouble. I took a new player a druid (healer) in the guild and here are our tries

correct log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nQmg2#fight=15

I feel that the raid is in danger, often. The priest is adamant that 1 healer the paladin should focus on tanks and the 3 healers heal the rest of players with no assigned group. The paladin suggested that he takes care of the tanks and each healer takes care of 5 players. Who is right?

Can anyone please take a look at the logs and tell me (dont sugar coat it):

how is the Monk performing?
    How are the other healers doing?
    thanks in advance.

I will be eternally grateful. I am lost, totally lost.

Moving to appropriate thread
    Last edited by psyquest; 2015-01-30 at 05:49 PM. Reason: wrong log posted

Deleted
    Armory: eu,battle,net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Morhus/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse: warcraftlogs,com/reports/CM3vmBtnzqTGD2PH/#type=summary&source=199

(Commas in place of decimal points on links, as I am a new poster, apologies)

Hey Monk friends, I am trying to help out the WW monk in my guild, amongst others. He used to be one of our top DPS last expansion and he seems to have fell from grace.

I really do not know what I am looking for, but if I was to hazard a guess I would say that he is not keeping up Tiger Power nearly enough and is hardly using RSK at all.

Thanks in advance guys.

Armory: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Jastic/advanced (when i did the fight i had 2 weapons 670)
    Spec: windwalker
    Combatlog: www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/n8gVwfvHbN17mTyc#type=damage-done&source=2

try to chek all trys because when we killed kargath i died :P but i did practicaly the same rotation i think

im using hekili addon for rotation

i cant post links yet sorry for that

Armory: us . battle. net/wow/en/character/malganis/Sallist/simple
    Combat Log: www . warcraftlogs. com/reports/FbnALx7gm6kDhKQz#type=damage-done&source=14&by=target

My dps is really inconsistent. I know that I need to use FoF basically off CD now, but do I save Tigerseye until it's at least 8 before I use it with FoF? Or should I use whatever Tigerseye I have when I FoF? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Laion/advanced
    Combat Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=164

I'm just not getting what I'm doing so wrong single target. 27k dps on Heroic Butcher at ilvl 677. I should be doing atleast 33k I think, and I just can't figure out where that 5k dps is going. I died at the end because someone messed up the stacking, but even before that I was nowhere near 33k dps, and it was after I had used Touch of Death.

MW - sub par healing help

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Sengbing/simple
    MW:
    Logs:warcraftlogs.com/reports/3LGXWNzmrbfgMyCd

Hi,
    I've just begun healing as MW this expansion and have pretty much been thrown into HM Heroic. The above logs are pretty much my first exposure to all the heroic fights save Kargath and Twins. Come BRF next week I am going to be expected to hold my own in non-farm content and be able to contribute as my guild move into Mythic content. Generally speaking I understand the basic's of monk healing but I don't have a clue how to read the logs and identify my mistakes. (Have been prot/ret/buffbot since vanilla) I have posted all of the nights logs so please look through one or all. I am hoping to identify trends, where I am consistently making the same mistake, ie not using expel harm enough, using SooM + SM too much etc. Currently, with exception twins I'm healing in the 30th~ percentile for my gear, and tbh that is just poor.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Heroic Imperator Help

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Fyorn/simple
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/cVqvpQ6D1dmRYHKW#type=summary&fight=7
    (Can't post links as it's my first post. Sorry!)

Hey there,

I'm currently working on heroic Imperator Mar'gok with a guild that has only a small number of players, we have 10-12 people most nights. We've only put one solid night of attempts on the boss, but I'm having some difficulty maintaining throughput in the final phase.

The issues I've identified with myself so far are that I haven't been using expel harm in cooldown for Chi generation, I'm not opening the fight with a pre-pull int pot, I'm taking more hits from the Force Novas than I should, and I'm not quite using touch of death as many times on adds as I could.

What I'm doing in the fight goes mostly like this: Fistweaving in the first phase to the point where I have ~12-15 stacks of mana tea. From that point forward keep ReM up on the majority of the raid, and healing mostly with uplift and soothing. In the later phases and intermissions the tanks seem to start taking more damage so I end up spending quite a bit of Chi on EM on them(and mana on surgings for that Chi). I haven't been using RJW because with so few players it rarely hits more than 4 targets even when I'm standing in the range stack. Plus, my issue is more with the final phase throughput where we're spread out.

In the final phase it's mostly just maintaining ReM on the raid group, Uplift, using EM on the tanks when they need it, expel harm on CD, and filling in with Soothing Mist + Surging when I need Chi. My mana reserves do tend to hit rock bottom near the end and I have a cloak/trinkets with spirit. I tried using them on one attempt, but it didn't seem to have much impact.

I realize that there are some execution issues the team needs to work out, but I'm mostly looking for what I'm missing with my own performance. This is my first tier raiding as a mistweaver after playing a disc priest since WotLK. I just couldn't bring myself to using the really dull disc toolkit for another expansion and I really enjoy the increased challenge of mistweaver so far.

Armory: us . battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Holika/simple
    Combat Log Parse warcraftlogs .com/rankings/character/6472898/6/#bracket=2&boss=1723

Hello all, this is one of my first post and I am feeling guilty, as i should have seek help long ago...

But anyways, I've been raiding with some of my friends for quite some time through normal and heroic HM, and perhaps like some of you, I am not sitting at a very respectable position in terms of DPS output. Most of my parses for heroic fights I am bouncing above and below the 25th percentile for my current ilvl (655). On most ST fights I am doing pretty dreadful to the point that it's laughable, and I just want some pointers as to what I can improve on in...practically, everything.

Usually at the start of the fight I am okay but I fall off pretty quickly 4-5 minutes in. Then coupled with some mechanics (ko'ragh & imp) I lose alot of my time running around with the boss and it goes even lower.

My latest parse only shows my last heroic ko'ragh, and hope that helps shed some light on my current play. Thank you all in advance.