Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Anybody who can help me please?
    Mr. Robot is very annoying to analyze logs with but after a quick glance:

RJW isn't good. It works against Chi Explosion. Go with Xuen for boss damage or Chi Torpedo/Celerity for padding on the adds. Use Chi Ex @ 4 Chi with adds around, and @ 3 chi when no adds.
    Your Tiger Palm uptime was only 73%. Its harder to keep it up on that fight due to movement, but still should be above 90%. If you're going to use RJW, you need TP, if not, then don't worry about it except for procs. Its not hard to keep up since most of the adds come in small bursts, so you should be using TP to drop from 4 Chi to 3 Chi before using CX if there is only one target.
    I have no idea how many times you used FoF or whether its close to the 18 times you could have, but it doesn't look good. FoF is still our hardest hitting ability with CX.

With the parse you linked, you would have done better by going Serenity than CX, didn't use it nearly enough.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Babylonius, thanks for your feedback!!

It´s true that i did not have enough uptime of different spells on that fight, and i will try harder to have that uptime, but i just have 1 final question.
    On what fight whatsoever, do i use FoF on CD or do i use it only when my trinket/ring/TeB procs?

Again, thanks for your help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Babylonius, thanks for your feedback!!

It´s true that i did not have enough uptime of different spells on that fight, and i will try harder to have that uptime, but i just have 1 final question.
    On what fight whatsoever, do i use FoF on CD or do i use it only when my trinket/ring/TeB procs?

Again, thanks for your help!
    You always use it on CD, as long as you can get the full cast off and you wont energy cap. Its our hardest hitting ability, and hits even harder in AOE situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    BigFattMario

Alright guys. I need some legitimate help. I am posting here mainly because I am noticing strange dps from my part ever since i won the Heroic Kromog trinket (beating heart) and switched it with the heroic butcher MS trinket. Ever since I replaced it (it was the week I killed mythic Kromog with my guild), all of my logs continue to support the idea that I have been doing worse dps than ever. I also have the Blackhand Heroic trinket and replaced with the Gruul Haste trinket (mythic one). I know this seems strange and rng is rng but I can't figure out how. On Gruul, I did very well on percentiles, now i can't even meet my own damn rank again, and it was 1 ilevel lower.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0

Thanks to those that can help.

Hey guys, need some help with my brewmaster alt. I mostly do LFR with it, so I'm not particularly good at it, but I tried my hand at the tanking dummy, and I literally dropped dead in 2 seconds. On the second pull I blew all my CDs and barely lasted 10. What gives? I use Guard with Chi Wave but it doesn't feel like it's doing a thing. Even tried stacking up Shuffle and Elusive Brew from another dummy - nope, nothing. And this is just the dungeon one. I tried the raid dummy with Elusive Brew, Fort Brew and Guard and it just decked me in 2 hits. I know the dummies aren't particularly important, but clearly I'm doing something wrong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Tanking dummy is a murderer. Don't use it :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    **Posting for my RL since he can't post links**

Hey there! I am the RL in our group and we are trying to progress on Blast Furnace. Some of our DPS is great, but our Monk is getting crushed.

I do not know much about Monk's but I see amazing numbers coming from people that are geared worse then ours.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...h=true&boss=-2

Does anyone have raiding experience that would look at theses logs and see if there is anything glaring ?

Thank you so much and have a great day!

--moved from the other thread because I'm stupid and didn't see this one. Thanks for the help in advance guys and gals!--
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-04-01 at 08:11 PM. Reason: fixed link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    **Posting for my RL since he can't post links**

Hey there! I am the RL in our group and we are trying to progress on Blast Furnace. Some of our DPS is great, but our Monk is getting crushed.

I do not know much about Monk's but I see amazing numbers coming from people that are geared worse then ours.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...h=true&boss=-2

Does anyone have raiding experience that would look at theses logs and see if there is anything glaring ?

Thank you so much and have a great day!

--moved from the other thread because I'm stupid and didn't see this one. Thanks for the help in advance guys and gals!--
    Blast Furnace is a difficult fight to compare general skill. However, he's kinda in the middle of what can/should be done:

He's using SEF quite a bit, but not Chi Explosion, which really makes use of SEF's cleave.
    He's using Serenity, which is best for single target damage, such as blowing up Slags and Primal Elementalist, but keeping SEF up during those times which destroys his damage.

If you want him to do more damage overall, then he should switch to Chi Explosion. If you want him to do more functional damage on immediate kill targets (Slags, Primals, Boss) then he should stop using SEF outside of the first phase.

Deleted
    Ok, im somewhat desperate at this point. I try very hard, but dont seem to pull the numbers i am aiming for, and the low percentiles on WCL dont really make me feel better.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done this are my logs.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...a/Noveo/simple and this is my character.

Gruul: I played like shit. Seriously, dont comment on this one, multiple Addons and WA strings fucked up here and yeah. Terribad, nothing im really concerned about.
    Oregorger: I feel like doing everything i need to do, use proccs with TEB and everything i know. Low percentile, im out of ideas.
    Darmac: My comp is VERY aoe heavy and i dont even try to cleave on the adds, still, i feel the dmg SHOULD be higher, even when im not hitting the adds.
    Thogar, similar to Darmac, i use SEF for firemender/men at arms tough. I play it with serenity. Would ChiX improve the dmg on firemenders/men at arms so much than i should consider using it? Didnt test this enough, would love advice for this tough.
    Maidens: No idea what else would be useful. I still parse low. I think i should pull easily 5k+ dps more. Dont know why i dont tough. Fuck this, really.
    Hans&Franz: I focus on not getting stomped, so my dps is a little bit lower, ok, fine. Still, shouldnt this fight be like THE fight for WW besides Maidens tough? SEF management is hard here, and im sure i fuck it up alot. What do i need to improve here?
    Kagraz: Probably the only fight where i am happy with the dmg i deal. Would still like advice if someone can point out mistakes
    Kromogg: Again, i feel like my ST damage is lackluster.

Edit: Yes i know about the 200 Flask, its farm and im cheap....
    Last edited by mmocb8556c4a2d; 2015-04-01 at 09:00 PM.

Which fight would be the best to actually get to the bottom of the issue ? I can post whichever boss you would think would be the best example. And thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Blast Furnace is a difficult fight to compare general skill. However, he's kinda in the middle of what can/should be done:

He's using SEF quite a bit, but not Chi Explosion, which really makes use of SEF's cleave.
    He's using Serenity, which is best for single target damage, such as blowing up Slags and Primal Elementalist, but keeping SEF up during those times which destroys his damage.

If you want him to do more damage overall, then he should switch to Chi Explosion. If you want him to do more functional damage on immediate kill targets (Slags, Primals, Boss) then he should stop using SEF outside of the first phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsquad View Post
    Which fight would be the best to actually get to the bottom of the issue ? I can post whichever boss you would think would be the best example. And thanks again.
    Gruuls is the closest to a single target fight in BRF, so that would show if there is an issue with his playing as opposed to how he's handling blast furnace.

But as I said, he just needs to pick a path for Blast Furnace, either Serenity with little to no SEF after phase 1, or Chi Ex with full use of SEF.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-04-02 at 12:23 AM.

Heya, I was wondering if people could look at some of my raids logs, It seems like there are spots in our raid that we can improve on.
    What we have posted are a Normal Gruul, Normal Hans and Frans, and Normal Blackhand logs

The character in question is going to be, character/area-52/Jeen/simple

Gruul Fight: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/T6CcAvjngwZyMQ81#fight=6

Hans Fight: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/T6CcAvjngwZyMQ81#fight=20

Blackhand: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/rjGkvXPtaCWN63F2#fight=8

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Guys! I have just switched to Brewmaster for my guild and would like someone to review my logs to find if there is anything I can do to help my healers as we will be pushing Mythic soon.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tomyu/advanced

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aVT6XG#boss=-2

I would appreciate any and all help, thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomosk View Post
    Hey Guys! I have just switched to Brewmaster for my guild and would like someone to review my logs to find if there is anything I can do to help my healers as we will be pushing Mythic soon.

Hey Atomosk,

Had a quick look at the logs and just for the record, I looked at all the kills, not every fight individually. When the overall is getting better, I don't mind looking at individual fights.
    I see you purify around 66% of your stagger. Try purify more, 70% is a mimimum, 80+ is a goal you want to go for (to begin with). That means you don't purify every low stagger, but keep the Chi for either shuffle/guard or moderate+ stagger. I assume you don't have enough chi atm to purify moderate+ stagger immediately.

Keep an eye on the uptime of your buffs, Tiger power has an average of 72.85% uptime, It should be close to 100%.
    Shuffle has a fairly low uptime, especially this buff is very important to have a high uptime. You're on 59.62% average, you want this to be close to 100% aswell, however it's more realistic to have it on 90%+. If you don't have a Weakaura for it or someway to track your time left on it, I recommend you get one. It's really important for your mitigation and makes the lifes of the healers a lot easier aswell

You waste very little chi (which is good) but you could generate a bit more the way I see it. You missed a few keg smashes but if you focus on surviving, it's not that bad to miss a few. Other than that it looks solid. Try to get a bonus armor cloak btw It really helps.

Use Serenity more often, on some fights you used it once (at the start) and forgot all about it after that. Try to use it on CD, it's okay to wait 10 seconds if you know you're actively tanking soon, it helps with purifying
    Last edited by Darkmystica; 2015-04-03 at 11:20 AM.

Kinda curious to get some feedback for my monk play as I have a lot of free time with progression being over and I've lost my touch a bit with my monk as I've not played him in a serious raid in over half a year, so here is a log from Gruul LFR.

Armory
    Log

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmystica View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for the input Dark! This was my first time tanking with my Monk in a raid environment, and now that I have a better grasp of Tank mechanics for the coming raid week I'll put your suggestions to work. I do agree that my shuffle uptime was low, and I recently set up a WA for Serenity to blow a horn when it's off CD. Again, thanks for pointing out what I could improve on, I'm having a blast tanking on my Monk and playing it correctly will help me enjoy it more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomosk View Post

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tomyu/advanced

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aVT6XG#boss=-2

Looking on Gruul.

- Keep Keg Smash on CD
    - Fill your free globals with Tigerpalm
    - Don't use Chi Burst on a single target fight like Gruul or Oregorger
    - Summon Xuen immediatly after the pull. There is no reason here to delay it 1 minute. There are a few exceptions where it could be worth it to delay, but not in a standard "Bloodlust at pull" Fight

Especially the last point are dps advices. It is ok to learn the basics first. But 15k on a static fight like Gruul wouldn't be enough in Mythic/would make it partly more difficult. I'm not talking about dps scumbagging or something like that. Just improve the basics and your dps will raise as a positive side effect.

You should also use Guard more often for hard hitting abilites (in this case Inferno Slice). You used Guard 3 Times in this fight, 2 of them directly in a row (6s between them). Looks like you have overwritten the first one.
    Your Elusive Brew Usage was also too rare. You should use it way more often while tanking Gruul.
    In many cases you can use one charge of Guard for "Oh Shit" Moments, and the other one should be saved for hard hitting nukes (Inferno Slice Gruul, Suplex Hans&Franz, Kromog Slam, and so on). You Healers will be happy seeing that your HP Bar does not drop that hard anymore on these nukes
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-04-04 at 12:45 AM.

The previous one didn't catch any attention so i'm posting again! Hope this time i get lucky and some brewmaster notices----

I am a Brewmaster Monk and i play in Tarren Mill(EU). Throughout my WoW career i have played mostly tanks. I feel like i get outperformed by my co-tanks in most raid encounters, i also feel myself taking a bit too much damage than i thought i will be taking. The problem here is basically this --- I don't know what i am doing wrong! I have tried asking a friend of mine who helped as best as he could and finally referred me here. Please help me out. Show me a way, I just wanna know what i'm doing wrong

Armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Sunflakes/advanced
    Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/gaRA1Ld4cYPtTKpv#type=damage-done&source=3
    The log is from Heroic Blackhand kill.

please help me out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflakes View Post
    The previous one didn't catch any attention so i'm posting again! Hope this time i get lucky and some brewmaster notices----

I am a Brewmaster Monk and i play in Tarren Mill(EU). Throughout my WoW career i have played mostly tanks. I feel like i get outperformed by my co-tanks in most raid encounters, i also feel myself taking a bit too much damage than i thought i will be taking. The problem here is basically this --- I don't know what i am doing wrong! I have tried asking a friend of mine who helped as best as he could and finally referred me here. Please help me out. Show me a way, I just wanna know what i'm doing wrong

Armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Sunflakes/advanced
    Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/gaRA1Ld4cYPtTKpv#type=damage-done&source=3
    The log is from Heroic Blackhand kill.

please help me out!

Kegsmash (30/40). Could be a bit more, but I think Blackhand is a special case. Heavy movement, Boss is not always in range and so on.
    Serenity (4/4) Good

You could purify a bit more with serenity. You purified only 69%, with serenity you can easily reach values of 70/80%.

I don't know what you are exactly looking for. Use Elusive Brew a bit more often than 3 times in 5:30 Minutes, and don't forget your strongest cooldown - Fortifying Brew! You used it 0 times in this fight. You can use it 2 times here. Guard looks ok for me. In my opinion there is no real rule of thumb when to use Guard on Blackhand (Heroic). Just use it when you need it, and you did it. That was ok.

Gear: You missed a socket in your neck and a weapon enchant. Try to replace the Pillar as soon as possible. Every other trinket except that one dropped by Blackhand is much better than the pillar.

If you want to check the "basics" as I did it here, a short explanation how to do it

Kegsmash: Divide the fight length in seconds / 8 and compare this value with your Kegsmash casts
    --> (5*60s + 26s) / 8 = 40

Same rule for Serenity with / 90 but there could be sometimes a reason to delay one of them that you lose one towards the end of the fight. But as a general rule keep it on cooldown

Remark: For the exact number of possible uses you need to add +1 for the cast at (theoretically) 0s, the first cast at pull.

The amount of purified Stagger can be calculated like this
    Mouseover on your "Damage Taken" Bar. You can see there "Mitigated (Blocked/Staggered)". This is the Damage transfered into Stagger. In this fight it was 13,99mio. Substract the Damage you took from Stagger, here it was 4,42mio.

13,99mio - 4,42mio = 9,57mio
    This means you mitigated 9,57mio Damage. You removed this completly.
    The % of of your purified Stagger Damage is now (9,57 / 13,99) * 100 = 68,4 %
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-04-04 at 11:49 AM.

First of all thanks a lot for replying! especially the way you have simplified the figures for me

Dunno why, but i feel like sometimes i get energy starved for a few seconds in which i can't cast keg smash; do u recommend missing a power strike proc with expel harm or jab if i see KS is coming off CD in like 2-3 seconds?

I rarely use FB tbh, i used to use it more often on fights but after a lot of close wipes on bosses like Kromog, Thogar, Blackhand and some bosses from previous raids etc it felt like i should save it for a really emergency situations as we don't really have more than one emergency button like Death knights or Paladins (yes we have guard which can be HUGE, but it needs us to take HUGE damage before to be that, and there is always a chance of actually getting killed when trying to do that coz of healer negligence/low mana etc) and and by that i mean when the other tank dies at 10% or less boss HP or something like that! Guard pretty much gets me off of most bad situations.

Sadly i am chasing after Blast Furnace Door for many weeks but no luck yet, these two are the only tank trinket i have in my bag

Again i don't know why, EB feels like a redundant ability. I use it only on fights like Blast Furnace or Beastmaster, Thogar etc. and when i'm actively tanking the boss and at 15 stacks. Maybe i'm totally wrong and out of my mind, but i think stagger with high mastery is turning EB into a complete useless spell!

What about shuffle? how was my uptime on it? Shall i really focus on keeping it up 100%(atm i do) of the time?

One last question. I have a slight confusion with our tier 5 talent. Can you please mention a few fights or scenarios where healing elixir can actually pull ahed of dampen harm(sadly i have never felt the usefulness of this particular passive yet though many brewmasters prefers it in mixed damage fights) ? I'm excluding diffuse magic as it's use is very very straight forward!

I am posting one more from an old log, it's thogar HC , i think this will serve better than the last one i provided
    Log :- warcraftlogs.com/reports/9K2TZPLN146xXwkd#fight=43&type=damage-done&source=13
    Thanks in advance!