Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whenever you jab, sck/rjw, eh or sm you generate an extra chi with power strikes. You get a new charge every fifteen seconds. EH happens to have 15 sec cooldown as well, so if you use Eh on cooldown you will get full usage of your power strikes. EH also has the advantage of being very cheap, it costs half the mana of SM and ReM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    Whenever you jab, sck/rjw, eh or sm you generate an extra chi with power strikes. You get a new charge every fifteen seconds. EH happens to have 15 sec cooldown as well, so if you use Eh on cooldown you will get full usage of your power strikes. EH also has the advantage of being very cheap, it costs half the mana of SM and ReM

excuse think I explained myself badly.
    what I was trying to understand was why the 9k less in comparison that was in link ..
    -he did not use crane I also do not .
    -sck the use he made does not justify the difference in chi (only 3 )
    - There remains only the eh and the sm , in eh I used more often in less time.
    only left sm, he uses a lot more soom than i and that way the 2p bonus

i know it seems stupid try to understand the 9k but i want improve in my main spec

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakudah View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rakudah/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my dps is much lower than my peers. I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to figure it out.
    Hello,

So comparing your logs with mine (warcraftlogs.com/reports/tbxw8a9dcjFqGzQg#fight=14&type=casts&source=36) we had similar kill times and similar gear (my WW set was 690ish at the time) there are a few things that stand out.

You had 42 BoK's which means in a fight that is 4mins long you missed a lot or you were chi starved
    You also had a large amount of Jabs which is fine for the haste you have but you wasted 3 chi that fight with jabs
    You wasted 2 of your charges of Chi Brew because you were capped
    The BIGGEST issue I see is you are not using FoF on CD. In that fight for example, your kill time was 35 seconds longer than my kill and you only had 29 FoF casts where I had 35
    You had 22 RSKs, on that fight you should have had 30 which means you missed 8.

Overall make sure you are using your TeB well (follow calis guide and thread there is a lot of discussion on it). Personally I use TeB only on trinket/ring/TS procs swith 6 seconds or more up, lust, or occasionally with prior to FoF if it looks like I am going to be at 13+.

Make sure you improve your FoF usage, it is your biggest weakness next to your use of RSK.

Never waste chi...at all

It does not really matter where your chi comes from, Barrabas, the more you generate, the more you can use. The biggest difference between the two of you would be the amount of ReM you used - he used it on average 10 times per minute, you used it on average below eight times per minute. That is two more casts of ReM, two more Chi and more coverage for his uplifts to work with.

Your power strikes procced 20 times. In a seven minute fight that could have been around 30. Whether you use EH, SM or SCK to get that extra ch is not as important. You obviously have to consider your mana, and EH is the cheapest alternative. In comparison, he procced power strikes 42 times for extra Chi. That means he missed out on the extra chi only 2-3 times over a longer duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    It does not really matter where your chi comes from, Barrabas, the more you generate, the more you can use. The biggest difference between the two of you would be the amount of ReM you used - he used it on average 10 times per minute, you used it on average below eight times per minute. That is two more casts of ReM, two more Chi and more coverage for his uplifts to work with.

Your power strikes procced 20 times. In a seven minute fight that could have been around 30. Whether you use EH, SM or SCK to get that extra ch is not as important. You obviously have to consider your mana, and EH is the cheapest alternative. In comparison, he procced power strikes 42 times for extra Chi. That means he missed out on the extra chi only 2-3 times over a longer duration.

thank you, i don't even realise that i was missing so much power strikes. when I looked at the rems thought the big difference was because he used the TFT and I use more with sm on the tank , because when I see the uptime the difference is not significant enough to justify the total rems disparity...
    i know that all counts to get chi but in a fight of 11 min, i have to be very careful how i get the chi and be efficient in get it. power strikes is great for that and i miss used it..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

Brand new to monk healing. I main a holy pally that I do well on but as you can see all my ranks for monk is low. What should I do more? I'm really confused about where to go from here, my strat is just firing off a lot of renewing mists at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    Brand new to monk healing. I main a holy pally that I do well on but as you can see all my ranks for monk is low. What should I do more? I'm really confused about where to go from here, my strat is just firing off a lot of renewing mists at the moment
    I had a quick look at the logs, and the main problem to me seems to be that you have too many healers. There is not enough to heal, so you cannot shine. I then had a look at your chi generation, since that seems to be the main problem people have with low throughput. On the 8m39s Blast Furnace kill you seemed to use ReM about on cooldown. This is good. You procced Power Strikes 21 times. On a fight of that duration you could have gotten the proc around 35 times, so you could work on this. The easiest way to make sure you get all power strikes procs is to use Expel Harm on cooldown. The cooldown is exactly the same as Power Strikes.

Looking at the other fights as well you have potential to generate more chi which means more healing. Also, depending on your gear (and amount of spirit in particular), you could consider Chi Torpedo for more free healing instead of RJW. Once you get a large amount of spirit, you should have no problems running with RJW. I am sure you can utilize RJW or Chi torpedo more.

So my group and I have been suffering some really close wipes on Beastlord Darmac and I know that dps isn't a big deal until the final phase (After Faultline, that's where the real dps race begins I feel.) But as a Windwalker monk (Tchangzu) I could really use some help in getting a hang of this fight. I know and feel like I'm doing absolutely horrible and any sort of tips on how to do better on this fight dps wise would be great. I use TeB as often as I can, use SEF when there's adds up (Though they keep getting blown up before I can really make use of them for long) and I've even resorted to using chi burst on this (I never really liked the skill but it's very effective on this fight). Here's the logs from last night's fight. Thank you in advance!

https : // www . warcraftlogs. com/ reports/ CF8n2dbArcZTyK7v (Cant post links yet so I broke it up.)
    Edit: Here's my armory too. http: // us .battle. net /wow /en / character/moon-guard/Tchangzu/advanced

Deleted
    Quick question,

I check out other WW monks who have much more dps then i do,
    My biggest mistake is not having enough uptime on tiger palm...

But having 80% uptime instead of 99% on tiger palm, do you lose allot of dps if you do not have TP up all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeky View Post
    Quick question,

But having 80% uptime instead of 99% on tiger palm, do you lose allot of dps if you do not have TP up all the time?
    when tp is not up, you are not receiving the armor bypass so you effectively gib your dps.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question,

The answer seems to be in your question. Your TP uptime is low, and your dps is low.
    Some quick naked dummy testing with just RSK buff on the target, Jab w/o TP did 415 damage, Jab with TP did 461, consistently. Thats an 11% increase.
    If you're missing an 11% increase 20% of the time, thats 3-4% damage right off the top.

TP isn't the biggest damage increase out there, but its so easy to keep up, once every 30s, that its practically a free 3-4% damage. When looking at logs, TP uptime is rarely the biggest issue, but its one of the easiest part of the spec. So if your TP uptime is low, its likely that there are other mistakes in the more difficult aspects of the class.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Thanks for your answer Babylonius!

The information about TP is something that i already knew, but the importance of TP is even greater to me know.
    Also your final words about other mistakes is more then true!

By asking questions, looking at your movies and checking out websites i try to improve.
    It´s just that a simple thing as TP is sometimes so difficult, in the heat of the fight i forget TP and other things for a short period of time.
    Usually i come to 80% TP uptime, since a few weeks i use your weakauras to improve my dps.

Do you know if it´s possible to add like a sound if TP runs out?

Again, thanks for your advices!

Iron Maidens [Mythic] WW dps

Hey,

I've been a Mistweaver since MoP Beta.. And before that always a healer or tank. I'm a total noob when it comes to Windwalkering (and DPS in general.) Last time I tried it was a couple challenge modes just after dinging 100, and before that er.. Never really.

We reached Iron Maidens Mythic on Tuesday, and standing in front of the boss I realise a) WW are OP here. b) We don't need 5 healers.

So I respec, equip a bit of OS gear, and pretend to DPS!
    1st raid logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1
    I was using a [Highmaul intellect trinket] + a 645 garrison mission trinket (agility at least!) that night. My DPS is pretty poop. Then I tunnel vision too much, and start dying to bombs.

I managed to pick up Kromog's Beating Heart + Gruul's Meaty haste-proc trinket during Thursday's farm, and then we had another poke at Maidens.
    2nd raid logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1
    Looks much better to me!
    However, I'm absolutely sure there's a hell of a lot I can improve on.

You can see my current gear here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...herhood/bowick
    It's not terrible, so I should be able to do a pretty decent job in the end.

Some specific questions:
    - 4 Set: How good is it here? I can technically get the bonus, but currently I'd have to drop down to normal mode tier helm..
    - TeB/Warcraft logs: Is there a way to check what stacks I popped my TeB at? And if I overlapped a lot? My uptime seems possibly too high..? I don't really know what's normal.
    - Chi Burst: Pop it even if I can't hit all 3 bosses? Only use it with TeB up?
    - Touch of Karma: Am I supposed to cheese some extra damage with it? What's the best/highest damage/safest mechanic to do that on?
    - ToD glyph: yay or nay?
    - Haste: How crazy should I/we go with trying to get more? Re-enchant everything? And should I re-gem ideally? My 2 items with sockets are used for MW as well, and haste is pants for MW.
    - Tiger Palm: The guide here says not to bother much with Tiger Power buff when using Chi Explosion. Is that still true..? Other logs I've seen have high uptime on it still.
    - RSK: Only used for keeping up the buff, aye?
    - FoF: Still a bit crap at using this, sometimes over-capping energy etc. Any tips?
    - Beating Heart trinket: When should I pop this? I saved it for my first FoF. But probably it should just go up immediately/macroed to ChiEx?
    - Any other tips for increasing damage/survival here?
    - Any other cheesy things to do on this fight? eg, I was using Transcendence to get back in after being targeted by Rapid Fire.

Maybe, this should have gone in the "Fix my Monk" thread, but it felt like too specific a scenario! I'm only interested in improving my performance on this one fight, using Chi Explosion etc. So, I can re-enchant full haste and weird things like that. And, I couldn't find another topic concerning Monks on Iron Maidens, so hopefully other Monks will appreciate fight-specific tips too. I'll certainly be pointing the two mainspec WWs in my raid group to any gems found here. And, pretty sure they won't mind anyone pointing out if there's anything funky going on in their logs too (Twiki and Mpsenpai in the links above).

Thanks immensely for any help! o/
    ~ Bowie
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your answer Babylonius!

The information about TP is something that i already knew, but the importance of TP is even greater to me know.
    Also your final words about other mistakes is more then true!

By asking questions, looking at your movies and checking out websites i try to improve.
    It´s just that a simple thing as TP is sometimes so difficult, in the heat of the fight i forget TP and other things for a short period of time.
    Usually i come to 80% TP uptime, since a few weeks i use your weakauras to improve my dps.

Do you know if it´s possible to add like a sound if TP runs out?

Again, thanks for your advices!
    Yes, if you go into the weak auras I made and click on the TP aura, the 4th tab is "Actions". Click on that tab and go down below the line that says "----On Hide----" to see the checkbox that says "Play Sound" click it and pick the sound you want. This will play a sound when that WA disappears, signifying that you've lost the TP buff. Using TP anytime after the current buff has 6 or less seconds on it, will extend the buff and add the new 20s to it, giving you a pretty big window to keep it up. Its in the center of my WeakAuras for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liff View Post
    Some specific questions:
    - 4 Set: How good is it here? I can technically get the bonus, but currently I'd have to drop down to normal mode tier helm..
    The bonus is good, it should be beneficial to make the switch, specially since the tier helm has the best stats for Iron Maidens. I had a similar situation where I could drop a 700 ilvl pants for normal tier legs, and I got more DPS from the 4pc than the ilvl increase.
    - TeB/Warcraft logs: Is there a way to check what stacks I popped my TeB at? And if I overlapped a lot? My uptime seems possibly too high..? I don't really know what's normal.
    The way to check what you popped your stacks at is to look at the Buff tab for your character and click on the TEB buff that has the much higher uptime, this is the buff that stacks. Once you click on it, the chart will show how many stacks you had at any point in the fight. Just mouseover the line before it takes a drop to see how many stacks you had. Its somewhat hard to see but just as long as its above the line that says 10, you're in good shape.

To find whether you overlapped at all, click on the other TEB buff in the Buff tab and it will show blocks for when you had the actual % increase buff. The blocks should be in lengths of 15, 30, etc. If not, then you cut off a buff somewhere.

Your uptime looks fine to me. Just use it when you use FoF, Serenity, or above 16 stacks and you shouldn't have to worry about it more.
    - Chi Burst: Pop it even if I can't hit all 3 bosses? Only use it with TeB up?
    Use it on CD and try to hit all 3 if you can. If you're pulling Sorka away from the other two or one is on a boat then thats not possible, but still cast it on CD. I do delay it by a few seconds if I know Sorka is going to come back and hit it right away. Its always recommended to use it when TEB is up, but don't pop TEB just for Chi Burst unless you know you can fit in a FoF during its cast.
    - Touch of Karma: Am I supposed to cheese some extra damage with it? What's the best/highest damage/safest mechanic to do that on?
    I use it to soak the Penetrating Shot. Outside of that, I haven't gotten to a point where its on farm enough to test the waters. You can certainly use it if you get stuck in a bomb area as well.
    - ToD glyph: yay or nay?
    Definitely NAY. If you delay pushing them past 20% till the 3rd boat then you should be able to use ToD on the first one to die as well as the 3rd, most of the time.
    - Haste: How crazy should I/we go with trying to get more? Re-enchant everything? And should I re-gem ideally? My 2 items with sockets are used for MW as well, and haste is pants for MW.
    If you only need WW for this fight, then switch any gear that is specific to WW to haste but not anything that you use in MW gear, unless your crazy rich. I play WW full time, and keep any haste gear for a CX set.
    - Tiger Palm: The guide here says not to bother much with Tiger Power buff when using Chi Explosion. Is that still true..? Other logs I've seen have high uptime on it still.
    Its easy to have high uptime due to jabbing so much. If it falls off, its not the end of the world, although I try to have it up for using FoF since it provides around 11% more damage to FoF.
    - RSK: Only used for keeping up the buff, aye?
    Yes
    - FoF: Still a bit crap at using this, sometimes over-capping energy etc. Any tips?
    Prepare to use it like its all that matters. With Ascension you have up to 6 chi, and only need 3, so get used to hanging out around that. You can pretty much keep 2 chi on hand at all times pretty easily.
    - Beating Heart trinket: When should I pop this? I saved it for my first FoF. But probably it should just go up immediately/macroed to ChiEx?
    If you're going to macro it to anything, macro it to TEB so that you dont miss out on buffing the buffs.
    - Any other tips for increasing damage/survival here?
    Use Dampen Harm to give you some extra damage reduction during the bomb phase in case you make any mistakes. Don't be afraid to Zen Med if you get stuck.
    - Any other cheesy things to do on this fight? eg, I was using Transcendence to get back in after being targeted by Rapid Fire.
    I do the same thing. There's not a lot of cheesy things to do that aren't pretty standard operating procedure for a fight like this, at least not that I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzeber View Post
    So my group and I have been suffering some really close wipes on Beastlord Darmac and I know that dps isn't a big deal until the final phase (After Faultline, that's where the real dps race begins I feel.) But as a Windwalker monk (Tchangzu) I could really use some help in getting a hang of this fight. I know and feel like I'm doing absolutely horrible and any sort of tips on how to do better on this fight dps wise would be great. I use TeB as often as I can, use SEF when there's adds up (Though they keep getting blown up before I can really make use of them for long) and I've even resorted to using chi burst on this (I never really liked the skill but it's very effective on this fight). Here's the logs from last night's fight. Thank you in advance!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CF8n2dbArcZTyK7v (Cant post links yet so I broke it up.)
    Edit: Here's my armory too. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...angzu/advanced
    Could someone assist me with my issue? D:
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2015-04-25 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belzeber View Post
    Could someone assist me with my issue? D:
    The first problem is that the fight is going on WAY too long. Less than 25% of guilds have kills that last longer than 9:30, but you have pulls that lasted +10 mins w/o a kill, just way to long to spend in phase 3.

Just going off of your post you seem to be stuck between what to do in the fight. If you're using SEF but the adds are dying too fast, then you need to stop using SEF, you're just killing your DPS on the boss. Chi Burst is only useful if you're the one focusing on the Pack Beasts. During progression there are other classes that are better at handling pack beasts and spears than WW monks, some even gain single target damage on Darmac by doing so. I recommend just focusing full time on Darmac. The only time you should be using SEF is when he dismounts, put SEF on Darmac and focus the mount, using ToD; which it seems that you do.

The biggest thing that is wrong with your logs, besides straddling AOE and single target, is your impressive lack of Fists of Fury use. You used it 5 times, it could have been used 24 times. You used Chi Burst 3x more often, which is lower in the priority and with a longer CD. Hell, you used Chi Brew 2x as much which has more than 2x the CD of Fists of Fury.

More than that, you used RSK 55 times out of 75 possibilities, its amazing you had 93% uptime on the debuff. You managed to use Tiger Palm more often then RSK, which should never ever ever be the case, you only needed to use it 30 times to keep up the buff 100% of the time throughout the fight, not the 57 that you used it.

I highly recommend looking at your spell priority again, you seem to be totally out of whack with what is correct.

Pick whether you are focusing on AOE or single target and stick with that. If its Single target, then understand your overall DPS won't look great, but your damage to Darmac should be toward the top. In this parse you managed to be last on damage to Darmac as well as last on damage to Pack Beasts, and near to last to damage on spears, so I'm not entirely sure how you werent insanely far in last on overall DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    The first problem is that the fight is going on WAY too long. Less than 25% of guilds have kills that last longer than 9:30, but you have pulls that lasted +10 mins w/o a kill, just way to long to spend in phase 3.

Just going off of your post you seem to be stuck between what to do in the fight. If you're using SEF but the adds are dying too fast, then you need to stop using SEF, you're just killing your DPS on the boss. Chi Burst is only useful if you're the one focusing on the Pack Beasts. During progression there are other classes that are better at handling pack beasts and spears than WW monks, some even gain single target damage on Darmac by doing so. I recommend just focusing full time on Darmac. The only time you should be using SEF is when he dismounts, put SEF on Darmac and focus the mount, using ToD; which it seems that you do.

The biggest thing that is wrong with your logs, besides straddling AOE and single target, is (link)your impressive lack of Fists of Fury use[/URL]. You used it 5 times, it could have been used 24 times. You used Chi Burst 3x more often, which is lower in the priority and with a longer CD. Hell, you used Chi Brew 2x as much which has more than 2x the CD of Fists of Fury.

More than that, you used RSK 55 times out of 75 possibilities, its amazing you had 93% uptime on the debuff. You managed to use Tiger Palm more often then RSK, which should never ever ever be the case, you only needed to use it 30 times to keep up the buff 100% of the time throughout the fight, not the 57 that you used it.

I highly recommend looking at your spell priority again, you seem to be totally out of whack with what is correct.

Pick whether you are focusing on AOE or single target and stick with that. If its Single target, then understand your overall DPS won't look great, but your damage to Darmac should be toward the top. In (link) you managed to be last on damage to Darmac as well as last on damage to Pack Beasts, and near to last to damage on spears, so I'm not entirely sure how you werent insanely far in last on overall DPS.
    Thanks for the input. I've been so busy trying to do everything at once that my damage is suffering overall. I'll focus on single target from now on and see where that gets me. I'm not terrible at my usage of FoF usually(I almost always use it off cooldown or when TeB/Trinket are very close to coming off cooldown.) like that where I was trying to do as much as I could, I wound up without energy or chi to pull it off as often as I usually do.

Hello. First time posting here. I've been struggling with my dps on blackhand heroic, and was hoping someone here could look over my logs to see if there is something major I'm doing wrong.
    I can't seem to post links, so I'l just have to do it like this:
    Armory: eu /wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Symphy/simple
    Spec: WW
    Logs: warcraftlogs /reports/JBzx8rXyPaFvTwDh#type=damage-done&source=124
    Video: twitch /symphymonk/c/6604637

I know my zen sphere up time is not the best, but it shouldn't have that much to say? I've given up on SEF on the balcony, every time I use it up there the clones never return to me when the target is killed.
    Would love to get you guys to give me some input on what I can do to increase my dps.

I just had a quick look, Symphy. You seem to use Serenity three times in the seven and a half minutes the fight lasted. With a 1.5 minute cooldown, you should have been able to use it five times. In the fight you should be able to FoF 18 times - you used it 12. You used RSK 33 times. If used on cooldown you could have used it 56 times. It seems to me as though you could have clicked your buttons more. Blackhand is probably not the fight it is easiest to avoid downtime, especially if you are going to the balconies or in P3 if you help soak the smash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Tonight was my first night on M-Darmac and I found it to be a complete clusterfuck. That probably added to why I was feeling spastic the whole fight. I need some advice or direction on how to perform. I see people with AMAZING logs and I'm not close. 1 attempt I took Chi Brew, Chi Torpedo, Chi Burst as I saw a lot of people with that combo. I tried Ascention, chi Burst and Xuen that was about the same. All in all I saw myself no higher than 40k if I hit that at all. I SCK'd like crazy but I couldn't get my DPS numbers close to some of these players. NOW I know I have 10% more mastery than I should. Most players have 29% I have 39% but I can't imagine that made up the complete difference. Maybe I was overwhelmed which is a distinct possibility. Can someone explain how best to handle these mechanics? I'd appreciate any help you can offer. I'm just getting to a point this class I absolutely LOVED and used to be really good at I became a steaming pile of shit and I can't figure out why. Maybe I just over think it I dunno.

You can see the two wipes we had. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=25
    Here's me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yatta/advanced

My personal notes, I felt like every time I'd hit FoF, he'd run off and it would get wasted or I'd get knocked back just as I get into it. I felt like I spent more time chasing him around the room than I did anything else.