Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Last post on the page, probably got missed.

Hi all!

I was hoping for some feedback on my MW play. I've only been playing a monk for about a month now, so any help would be appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8#type=healing

Deleted
    Thank you, Frankine! I will look into that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methyltren View Post
    Last post on the page, probably got missed.

Hi all!

I was hoping for some feedback on my MW play. I've only been playing a monk for about a month now, so any help would be appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8#type=healing
    Hey,

You don't use Cocoon enough, Didnt use it once on Zakuun, twice on iskar with a 6:52 timer, once on socrethar in a 4:42 timer. It's ok to keep it only for emergencies, but don't forget that it'll probably get destroyed in one or two gcd's if used on tanks and it has a low CD of 2min so try to use it a bit more, especially if you're running 4 healers with your gear lvl.

Also that's a point, you'll have trouble ranking up because you have too much healers, going 4 healers on these fights with your gear lvl is too much, you can easily drop one and maybe two sometimes.

Another point is that you don't prepot intel, on socrethar and zakuun you'll have some damage coming on pull so the prepot is not wasted, same with iskar if eye ticks a bit or if chakram is not cancelled.

Also use your defensive cooldowns more effectively, you died on iskar from magic damage having your diffuse magic up, it should never happen, and you didn't use your fort brew on zakuun.

Last but not least, try to manage better your mana, on zakuun you had too much mana, on socrethar you were oom but no pot used. that's a lot of wasted healing.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otech/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker

Hey guys,

First week of WW and trying to improve. Have a Zakuun kill from last night that felt pretty good until I looked at the actual numbers. Please let me know if you have any tips that might help

Zakuun: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I was also there for a bunch of Tyrant wipes, and have a pull that felt really good, again until I looked at the actual numbers.

Tyrant: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I'm using ChiX until I get used to the spec as it seems the easiest and mostly using Malicious Censer for now again so I don't get overwhelmed.

Thank you in advance!

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eixes/advanced
    Spec:WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9376&e=9618

Hello fellow monks, I am new to this process and glad for anyone that can point me in the right direction. So far I feel like I am in a rut DPS wise as seems I could be outputting a lot more damage than I am at the moment . I linked a recent combat log on Fel Lord Zakuun since he is more stationary fight but I am also hoping to see how I can improve on fights like Xhul and Mannoroth since I spent a lot of time tracking down imps and SEF seems a bit slow for these types of adds. Anyways any advice is appreciated and let me know if anything else I can provide. Thanks!

Helloes vriska,

You should upload logs to warcraftlogs.com, worldoflogs is very undetailed and it's hard to give meaningful feedback based on it.

Just looking at damage done percentages by abilities on your zaakun link though(and #n of casts) I can tell you that you are probably WAY off track, to the point where I highly doubt you actually read even the most basic guide(I might be wrong, no offense meant^^). At this point I think you would benefit most from reading the sticky WW guide over here on forums, making sure you are comfortable with the basics and that your UI doesn't make it hard for you to track the most important things(fof/rsk cds, rsk/tp buffs, teb stacks/duration and a proper energy/chi display are a good start for a beginner, then add more things as you get comfortable with it).

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Evotech -

1. When you play single target chiex you should aim to rsk on cooldown(or as close to it as possible without risking loss of combo breaker procs. Example: on 3chi, you would jab before rsk because rsk from 3chi will get you down to 1, which means you will need to jab even if you got a chiex combo breaker, and therefore risk wasting a potential proc from jab). It seems like you are using rsk only to keep debuff up, and even so, it dropped for substential periods of time..

2. Synch 2nd potion with 2nd ring.

3. When single target chiex, you should go soul capacitor for trinket and chi brew instead of ascension, ring bursts are crucial for ST fights especially when they get shorter.

3. You aren't using t30 talent, if you play chiex st on long-ish fights like the log you linked you should go zensphere and cast it on alternate targets close to on-cooldown as long as you don't risk energy cap.

4. You need to spam expel harm out of combat so you start with full chi and don't need to jab on opener.

5. You are not casting the proper abilities
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aTrWCFnL3M8Yh9V6#fight=15&type=casts&source=7&view=events

Let's look at a few things in your opener linked above:

-xuen used too late, losing good ring/potion time.
    -chiex yourself down to 0 chi(at 13s).
    -run out of energy or maybe just sleep? You have a jab cast at 14s and next at 16.8. At this time energizing brew was off cd..
    -first rsk used 20sec into fight.
    -there are just too many basic things wrong, it would be silly to repeat the whole WW guide over here, give it another read or two and feel free to add some specific questions on unclear things. Consider taking a hour or two(no kidding!) to practice opener and ongoing chiex rotation with t30 talent on training dummy. I know it's quite boring but it'll help you a lot on the long run if you get the basics straight it all comes down to buff management later on^^

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    Evotech -

1. When you play single target chiex you should aim to rsk on cooldown(or as close to it as possible without risking loss of combo breaker procs. Example: on 3chi, you would jab before rsk because rsk from 3chi will get you down to 1, which means you will need to jab even if you got a chiex combo breaker, and therefore risk wasting a potential proc from jab). It seems like you are using rsk only to keep debuff up, and even so, it dropped for substential periods of time..

2. Synch 2nd potion with 2nd ring.

3. When single target chiex, you should go soul capacitor for trinket and chi brew instead of ascension, ring bursts are crucial for ST fights especially when they get shorter.

3. You aren't using t30 talent, if you play chiex st on long-ish fights like the log you linked you should go zensphere and cast it on alternate targets close to on-cooldown as long as you don't risk energy cap.

4. You need to spam expel harm out of combat so you start with full chi and don't need to jab on opener.

5. You are not casting the proper abilities
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=7&view=events

Let's look at a few things in your opener linked above:

-xuen used too late, losing good ring/potion time.
    -chiex yourself down to 0 chi(at 13s).
    -run out of energy or maybe just sleep? You have a jab cast at 14s and next at 16.8. At this time energizing brew was off cd..
    -first rsk used 20sec into fight.
    -there are just too many basic things wrong, it would be silly to repeat the whole WW guide over here, give it another read or two and feel free to add some specific questions on unclear things. Consider taking a hour or two(no kidding!) to practice opener and ongoing chiex rotation with t30 talent on training dummy. I know it's quite boring but it'll help you a lot on the long run if you get the basics straight it all comes down to buff management later on^^
    Thank you, this is really helpful. I've been on the dummy non stop today lol so hopefully next week I'll do a lot better. Going to reread your advice a few more times in detail and try to address those issues.

Thanks again!

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

Please could someone with experience look over it? I'm having to go dps for Archimonde mythic and been trying to up my dps a lot as we're doing the 1doomfire strat and atm i can't cut it.

One of the big things I notice is that my explosion from my SC always seems to be on the low side

Thanks

Rob

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D1%81/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):

I am having some problems with AoE/cleave bosses(Hellfire Assault, Kormrok, Council, Iskar, Xhul, Mannoroth). Adds die so quickly. What am i doing wrong? I am having low dps compared to my guildies. Is this all because of gems/ench?

PS Armory/Logs are in russian Language(almost). I really need your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grekhek View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D1%81/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):

I am having some problems with AoE/cleave bosses(Hellfire Assault, Kormrok, Council, Iskar, Xhul, Mannoroth). Adds die so quickly. What am i doing wrong? I am having low dps compared to my guildies. Is this all because of gems/ench?

PS Armory/Logs are in russian Language(almost). I really need your help.
    There's your problem: adds die so quickly, so you will have problems getting maximum benefit out of your RSK debuff (20% dmg modifier makes a pretty sizable difference) as well as Storm Earth Fire usage because they only benefit from their own cast Tiger Palm buffs and RSK debuffs. Your performance is already great overall compared to other monks as indicated by the WW monk percentiles, including stats and gems. It's just that ww monks fall behind a bit on speed kills because your burst isn't as phenomenal as say sub rogues and arcane mages.

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Loreleí/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse: None, my raid leader does not upload anymore....

So.. Its more of a query then a "fix me" but meh. I don't often get to heal in mythic raids but we recently lost a healer and I'm covering till we get another disc priest.
    My over healing feels huge. I'm on like 200% (skada) or 65% (WoL - raid leader checked the logs for me, just does not post them for public to see... ) None else in the raid is anywhere near me. I don't tend to run out of mana so i don't feel its negatively impacting my healing, but. It feels a waste.. should I gear for less spirit? Is it normal for monks to have such a high overheal? In most of these attempts i had not used revive (its progress and my cd is the last to be used)

Other worry, is while my actual healing is quite significantly higher then the other healers my "real" healing is about the same if not lower.
    Should i am to lower my overheal? try and get soem differnet gear? not worry about it monks all overheal?

thanks

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghiassi View Post
    My DPS on Archi sucks, anyone care to help me out?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12
    Please read the first page with how to get the help you want:

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Before Posting:
    - Make sure you've read the relevant sticky guide (Windwalker, Brewmaster, Mistweaver) and understand the basics of preparing your spec. This thread isn't for teaching you how to gem, glyph, enchant correctly or of the basics of stat priority and rotation usage.
    - Don't just throw up links to your armory or logs and expect somebody to dig through it. Explain what you're not satisfied with, what you want to become better at and/or tell us when you think you're lacking.
    - Any resources you have which can detail the problem are useful. Warcraft Logs parses are especially helpful, but in the worst case other types of information like prints of Recount could suffice. To create World of Logs parses, simply type /combatlog into your chat ingame. Your combatlog will then be saved as a .txt in your WoW > Logs folder. Once leave combat or finish raiding for the day you can upload that log to your account on World of Logs.
    -Most people have the same problems. Chances are you aren't keeping Tiger Power, Shuffle, Renewing Mists up, or using Rising Sun Kick, Fists of Fury, etc, enough. Please check these things first, it may be a simple change that will save everyone time.
    To figure out maximum number of casts: Fight length (seconds) divided by spell cooldown
    Example: Butcher - 4 Minute (240s fight), Fists of Fury - 25s cooldown
    240s / 25s = 9 possible casts

What to post:
    Use the template below, be as specific as you can, you will get more help that way.
    HTML Code:
    [B]Armory[/B]:
    [B]Spec[/B]:
    [B]Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL)[/B]:
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Apologies, trying to look like I'm working while posting!

I'm happy with my gear, though I'd like the Zak fist weapons over the maces, but I'm still miles down in the percentile stakes with regard to ranking.

I've sought help in the WW thread but I'm still quite a way off where I want to be. Can anyone offer anything regarding TP, for example? Should I be using that every time a CB procs or is that wasting a global CD?

Is heirloom on Archi the way forward? I'm finding Soul Capacitor extremely volatile to say the least and it's sometimes very hard to get a decent rotation in on a proc.

Lastly, what do I do for the opener? RSK, TP, TEB and then FoF straight away? I obviously want to max the amount of damage that goes into my ring pop.

Thanks a lot all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghiassi View Post
    Apologies, trying to look like I'm working while posting!

I'm happy with my gear, though I'd like the Zak fist weapons over the maces, but I'm still miles down in the percentile stakes with regard to ranking.

I've sought help in the WW thread but I'm still quite a way off where I want to be. Can anyone offer anything regarding TP, for example? Should I be using that every time a CB procs or is that wasting a global CD?

Is heirloom on Archi the way forward? I'm finding Soul Capacitor extremely volatile to say the least and it's sometimes very hard to get a decent rotation in on a proc.

Lastly, what do I do for the opener? RSK, TP, TEB and then FoF straight away? I obviously want to max the amount of damage that goes into my ring pop.

Thanks a lot all!
    Read the WalkingTheWind website that babylonius kindly linked in his signature, it answers half of your questions there. For Archimonde, your second trinket is up in the air between Soul Cap and Heirloom trinket, each of them can work nicely without one being a clear cut winner. If you're not confident with maximizing soul cap usage, heirloom trinket is a great choice. I personally always use the heirloom for mythic archi kills because soul cap rarely works in my favor

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lboti/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7
    Videoclip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgrUBWadM_4

Hi im just really wondering if theres any possibility for anyone to watch my logs and kill video and see if they can make out any major fault im doing on this fight.
    I have checked it through myself and personally i can only see that i might have gotten one more FOF in for 15 of them total and maybe 2 more touch of deaths since i only used it once.
    My dmg on the meters doesnt rly show until late last phase and i guess thats because other ppls dmg keeps dropping and i stay around 100-110k is throughout the fight.

Basically im thinking i should be able to do more dps with my current gear. around 130k ish according to the rankings im watching on windwalkers.
    And i havent the slightest clue what im doing wrong. ive been trying out every single trinket and the best one for me has been the demo trinket. since SC is a bit RNG with all the moving and so on.
    Even tried out going for a more singletarget approuch with going 3xchitorpedo and so on but no luck there.

So if anyone would see the log or video that i posted and would say "omg i cant believe ure doing that wrong" i would very gladly hear it.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kolboti View Post
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

Hi im just really wondering if theres any possibility for anyone to watch my logs and kill video and see if they can make out any major fault im doing on this fight.
    I have checked it through myself and personally i can only see that i might have gotten one more FOF in for 15 of them total and maybe 2 more touch of deaths since i only used it once.
    My dmg on the meters doesnt rly show until late last phase and i guess thats because other ppls dmg keeps dropping and i stay around 100-110k is throughout the fight.

Basically im thinking i should be able to do more dps with my current gear. around 130k ish according to the rankings im watching on windwalkers.
    And i havent the slightest clue what im doing wrong. ive been trying out every single trinket and the best one for me has been the demo trinket. since SC is a bit RNG with all the moving and so on.
    Even tried out going for a more singletarget approuch with going 3xchitorpedo and so on but no luck there.

So if anyone would see the log or video that i posted and would say "omg i cant believe ure doing that wrong" i would very gladly hear it.

Cheers
    You seem to be doing most things correctly, you're in the 69th percentile for your gear and monks. 130k would put you in the top 14 in the world. Any reason you think you should be up there? You're above average for your gear and class overall. You're absolutely correct that WW does't show up on the meters till the end. WW typically gets stronger as the fight gets longer because we have no noticable burst compared to many other classes.

There really nothing you're doing wrong, just RNG and strategy and some more RNG.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Maybe i need to rephrase what i was after
    I know 130 K dps is kind of a longshot but to be honest thats what im after:P
    Well i dont rly think i "should" be up there considering most good ranks are achieved nowadays thanks to fights becoming shorter and shorter like the rank 1 is like 1 min shorter than mine. So maybe if my guild could push the boss faster then it would stay higher? right?:P
    For example iron reaver. The only reason the top ranking ww monks are so high on that boss is because they do the fight in like 30 sec.. so their opening dps results in the rank.

Do you think this might be true for archi if my guild could shorten the killtime?
    (kinda goes against the whole WW monk later dmg logic i know but am i completely out of the water with that thought? or should i just keep doing what im doing and hope for more rng?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Maybe i need to rephrase what i was after
    I know 130 K dps is kind of a longshot but to be honest thats what im after:P
    Well i dont rly think i "should" be up there considering most good ranks are achieved nowadays thanks to fights becoming shorter and shorter like the rank 1 is like 1 min shorter than mine. So maybe if my guild could push the boss faster then it would stay higher? right?:P
    For example iron reaver. The only reason the top ranking ww monks are so high on that boss is because they do the fight in like 30 sec.. so their opening dps results in the rank.

Do you think this might be true for archi if my guild could shorten the killtime?
    (kinda goes against the whole WW monk later dmg logic i know but am i completely out of the water with that thought? or should i just keep doing what im doing and hope for more rng?

Cheers
    There are many variables in highest ranking logs, least of all is that those players are just better. Then you have a proc fiesta that is WW, raid comp and add lifetimes. Basically keep doing what you're doing, the best you can every time, and eventually you'll see an uptick.

Cheers
    Can't look at the video looks like you deleted it.
    You've got most of it right. However, top top parses are not just doing things right, it's the players who push things the most, on their best pull (aka best RNG), while getting all the mechanics perfectly.
    Chi torpedo is indeed one of the things people do to push damage a bit, it's better than Xuen but you can achieve top 10 without it.
    Soul capacitor and other strong proc trinkets are another contender. Banking on soul cap RNG is something high ranking players can do to have wider damage ranges on a single boss depending on different RNG. BOA is a strong trinket, but so is capacitor.

People like Ruhye or Conjugate are pushing all kind of small things to get more damage, like intentionally taking damage into touch of karma if that'll fit into a good soul capacitor. Some of the top ranks get short kill timers. You also need good RNG for boss uptime, aka not being annoyed by breaking chains being slow and you being out of range of the boss, or mark of the legion sending you out of range and seething corruption to the back every time.

However, things you COULD improve:
    -14 out of 17 fists of fury is a huge damage loss; you can get more out of it. Max is not 15
    -You're constantly low on chi; check out babylonius's chiexplosion T18 rotation (his website is in our sigs); as long as you don't have combo breaker procs, fish up to 5-6 chi for it; you don't wanna end up on 0 chi when you can avoid; any occasion where you can cheese for more optimal combo breaker management is gaining relevant dps
    -Be very wary of when you refresh SEF and TEB
    -You've only cast one TOD in that fight, I know it can be hard to pull off as targets die hella quickly, but at least one deathcaller phase 2 and a couple cast phase 3 is easy to pull off frankly; if you see yourself in the top, give yourself the tools to do so
    -You didn't use chi burst for 4:30 minutes
    -You can think about going chibrew if you're not making the most out of combo breaker; it allows for strong rings if you do it right, even as chiexplosion; it's pretty different though, so be ready to practice it a bit.
    -You can prolly pull off stronger openers; didn't go too deep into those.