Having A problem with HC Imperator

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening wherever you are.
    My group almost 1 shotted all bosses since week 3 but we've been stuck on imperator since then
    We usually attempt Imperator Normal with almost same setup,2 tanks 4-5 healers for 20man and we 1 shot him.
    my average group ilvl is 660-670, 1Warrior 1DK Tank,1Disc,1Holy priests/Resto shaman/Resto Druid/3hunters/1boomkin/2mages/2dks/warrior/rogue/2 retris
    however on HC lies our problem
    We dont have mine failures,Dps averages 24-27k which is fine imo, our problem lies within the small adds,
    I usually tank them till both mages are down then bring them to center to cleave, but the damage is too much, we have mages rotating on AM, Spirit links, Disc Priests shield, Dks AMZ,Smoke bomb, you name it but still its too much to handle, we usually wipe at that point. My question is will it be easier with a third tank and 1 dps to slowly kill those adds would work and solve our problem?

I need your expertise if possible. I dont want to cheese it with healers since that is lame,and Id really like to kill it,
    Last edited by Hundredfists; 2015-01-12 at 06:21 AM.

The two tanks and MAYBE 1-2 dps if you're struggling should be more than enough to keep the number of small adds under control/dying evenly throughout the transition.

Deleted
    Have you tried to kill them off more slowly? Or are you nuking the hell out of them first chance you get? I would think there lies your problem, your not in a hurry to kill them if your tank can handle the damage

Personal cooldowns, big raid cooldowns such as tranq, barrier, etc, try to drop them all at the same time.
    Consider bringing an extra healer or two, enrage timer is very lenient. Good luck
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Have you tried to kill them off more slowly? Or are you nuking the hell out of them first chance you get? I would think there lies your problem, your not in a hurry to kill them if your tank can handle the damage
    Yeah I can handle the damage and live through it

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have destruction locks you could get them to AoE the small adds, Havoc the closest Mage, then snipe the small adds with Shadowburn. The basic idea with those adds is you don't want them all dying at the same time, so I think your tactic of keeping them alive until the mages are down is flawed. Kill them off one-by-one over the entire course of the transition phase and then yes, bring whatever is remaining when the mages are dead back to the middle with the boss - but just remember to take it easy and make sure they die one-by-one and use a raid cooldown to get through the clean up.

If, as the tank, you notice that lots of adds are about to die during the transition phase, call out for a raid cooldown.

Deleted
    Try killing off one mage, than all stack in the middle (melee too), use cooldowns and nuke the adds. With cooldowns you wrote adding some nice healing cd like healing tide totem you shouldnt have problems at all. If you are rotating cooldowns with people being spread around, adds dieing slowly people will just slowly drop cause healers wont have a chance to pick them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundredfists View Post
    Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening wherever you are.
    My group almost 1 shotted all bosses since week 3 but we've been stuck on imperator since then
    We usually attempt Imperator Normal with almost same setup,2 tanks 4-5 healers for 20man and we 1 shot him.
    my average group ilvl is 660-670, 1Warrior 1DK Tank,1Disc,1Holy priests/Resto shaman/Resto Druid/3hunters/1boomkin/2mages/2dks/warrior/rogue/2 retris
    however on HC lies our problem
    We dont have mine failures,Dps averages 24-27k which is fine imo, our problem lies within the small adds,
    I usually tank them till both mages are down then bring them to center to cleave, but the damage is too much, we have mages rotating on AM, Spirit links, Disc Priests shield, Dks AMZ,Smoke bomb, you name it but still its too much to handle, we usually wipe at that point. My question is will it be easier with a third tank and 1 dps to slowly kill those adds would work and solve our problem?

I need your expertise if possible. I dont want to cheese it with healers since that is lame,and Id really like to kill it,
    I would suggest putting both your mages or your two dk's with the dk tank on the adds, and let the rest burn down the reaver + mages.

Your two mages has superior cleave if they are playing frost, pretty much the same goes for your dk's if they roll their diseases so it's never drops.., the trick (at least for us when we progressed it weeks ago) is to cleave the small adds slowly down so you avoid to high damage going around when they explode.
    By the time Imperator comes back down you should only have a maximum of 6 adds with the 2nd mage add nearly dead also.
    You'll need to use hero / lust in this transition, not sure if you do as you didn't say anything about it.

Whatever you decide on, best of luck

Deleted
    Stack in center and make sure you call to top everyone off and then nuke all the adds while popping some raid CD's... Disc barrier combined with tranq or healing tide or revival or whatever.

You can explode all the adds at the same time if you use enough cooldowns. Monk healer can save your day with revival. people should also not spare personals for this phase if you are having trouble.

If you still cant handle the damage, assign 1 rDPS to kill 3-4 adds before boss transitions, but make sure that healers top everyone off before exploding all the adds.

So what you are doing sounds very similar to what we are doing on mythic. It's probably the better strat (that's why it's used on mythic) but we never had to use it on heroic. We just put 1 tank and some dps and killed the small adds as they spawned. If the damage is too much for the healers and you decide to go with what you are doing.

Keep 1 or 2 tanks on the small add and make sure they cleave them down as much as possible while keeping their tanky stuff up. At least he first 3 adds should be dead and pref the first 6 adds before the mages die. As soon as the mages die everyone stacks on top of the adds pop exactly: SLT, Barrier, Rally cry, Smoke bomb, Devo, Amp magic (optional) and Tranq. It can help if you try and not one shot all of the adds once you switch to them but rather kill 1/3rd let SLT/tranq tick and 2/3rds let SLT, Tranq tick ect. They shouldn't be up for more than 3-4 sec after you swapped to them.

Make sure whoever is fixated from the last mage does not run into the stack and let the last casts from the mage bring everyone down.

You diden't say if it was intermission 1 or 2 if you dealing with the reaver but 2nd intermission just do the same thing and 2 tanks on reaver + adds all dps on the mages then once mages dead swap to reaver with cds and cleave down all the adds. Finish of the reaver while killing the boss pref around the time the arcane add spawns reaver should be dead.

Also posting WCL logs would help a ton.

thanks all for your responses, I would bring those up to my guild and we'll discuss which one we will use.
    Usually we pop BL on 2nd intermission and sometimes we have trouble on first intermission and sometimes 2nd depends on adds alive.
    I would post some logs but currently im at work.

The way we were finally able to kill it (struggled for a bit and we are 1shotting it since) was simply stacking in a Spirit Link totem and nuking all the small adds that spawn. Made the fight 100 times easier.

I tank as a DK there, a few tips that helped us down him :

-Take Necrotic Plague, works great for the adds
    -Use Remorsless Winter on the small adds (preferably rotate with the other DK, would be good if he dropped necrotic on the adds too, it'll spread on it's own anyway)
    -In the 3rd phase have Mar'gok tanked between left and right side of the entrance, so people can switch to the reaver faster (this is very important).
    -in the 4th phase have on tank hold the boss, while the other one gathers adds and taunts just to get 1 hit to reset the buff stacks, the other tank taunts right back after this.

and, as mentioned before, spirit link totem also helped a lot

Also, how much hps do your guys do ? Maybe that's the issue.

Deleted
    The small adds completely depend on how you're dealing with them, I'd reccomend depending on your raid group having maybe a hunter with the tank killing them, this also allows cheeky Warlocks to Havoc Shadowburn on the Mages/Reaper which in the long run, also increases their DPS so they should be a happy bunny!

Deleted
    If you want a safe heroic kill, just kill them slowly. There is no need to nuke them. We have just our enhancer and the two tanks on them (one tank in the 2nd intermission) and they kill them slowly. Starfall from one/two Moonkins hits them, too. This way, one wave (three adds) die, when the next wave is at ~50%. When the boss comes back we just let the remaining adds die from cleave/DoT-damage.