Question Characters you confused

So SoO came out and people were super sad after realizing that they would have to kill General Nazgrim.
    I agreed, until I found out that I was thinking we were actually killing Nazgrel.
    Now that Nazgrel wasn't Nazgrim I don't giving a flying floop about him.
    I wonder how many people got confused like me and that's why they were sad when he died, unless Nazgrim did something of worth that I do not know of (I play Alliance and do not know all the horde characters)

Seriously, I was super bummed we were losing that dude from the Warcraft III campaign : /

Have you guys ever mistaken the identity of a character for another?

nazgrel literally has done nothing since being a quest npc in hellfire. wheras horde players have quested with nazgrim in every expansion since wrath
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Laugh everytime I see someone looking for Highmaul Khadgar only.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nazgrel literally has done nothing since being a quest npc in hellfire. wheras horde players have quested with nazgrim in every expansion since wrath
    I guess their care comes from that, i'll have to look out for him when I make a hordie. However, a lot of people might still like Nazgrel because of nostalgia, warcraft 3 was a good game <3 Absolutely a lot of people running around like Gamon or Mr.Smite are gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Laugh everytime I see someone looking for Highmaul Khadgar only.
    He's evil! A dreadlord like Jaina!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about characters, but I have heard a lot of people call "Dustwallow" marsh "duskwallow" or "duskhollow" or somesuch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Not sure about characters, but I have heard a lot of people call "Dustwallow" marsh "duskwallow" or "duskhollow" or somesuch.
    My mother always says Karazhan Wilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    He's evil! A dreadlord like Jaina!
    He's Mal'ganis.

I always get Gul'dan confused with his brother Gul'mike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    My mother always says Karazhan Wilds.
    Garrosh must have dropped his axe there in the 5.1 dailies when hordies are questing with him; that's how Malchezaar got it!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    You rescue him as a child in Gorgrond.

Honestly, I think Blizzard confused Nazgrim and Nazgrel. Nazgrel was a guy who chafed under Thrall and wondered why the orcs weren't still fighting everything, whereas Nazgrim was a guy who refused to follow orders he didn't believe in. Come Siege of Orgrimmar, suddenly Nazgrim is defending a horrible tyrant for no other reason than because it's his job.

I had Vol'jin and Rokhan confused for quite some time, but then it turned out Blizzard had as well, which they sheepishly admitted when someone pointed out that dialogue about Chen and Vol'jin going on adventures to found Orgrimmar was the wrong character.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-01-12 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth and Magtheridon are two I tend to get mixed up.
    Keep on forgetting who we kill in a raid and who gets soloed by two Orcs.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

I've heard people get Gul'dan and Ner'zhul mixed up a lot.

Mostly just when we're having lore discussions about things that the two characters did. Like someone in my guild chat said Gul'dan wasn't as bad as Ner'zhul, since Gul'dan had to be tricked by Kil'jaeden while Ner'zhul went along with him willingly (so they got the story right but the names reversed). Stuff like that.

Any of the weird, hard to pronounce insect names in HoF or the Paragons fight in SoO.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kargath in Zangarra gives a quest to loot Book from Kargath in Highmaul, killing Kargath on Highmaul Arena on the way.

Or was it Koraghat?
    Space magic.

Nazgrel and Nazgrim for me too, but not until that gorgrond quest in WoD. it was only after doing the quest for the 6th time or so that i realized the kid we are rescuing was not AU Nazgrim. i knew it was Nazgrel of course because plainly it is, but for some reason i always thought of Nazgrim when remembering who this kid actually was in our timeline.

Also, not the characters themselves, but for their names i always seem to forget which is which between Thaurissan (the Dark Iron dwarf), and Thasarian (the Death Knight).

Deleted
    Garrosh and Grommash.

I mean, I don't confusing them of course but only their names. Sometimes when I want to say "Grommash" while thinking about Grom, I'm saying "Garrosh" and vice versa. So I prefer saying "Grom", because Grom is Grom. That name isn't similar to any else. At least, maybe to "Gronn". ;_;
    I had also the same with "Durotan" and "Doomhammer".

Ah, gronns. I always confused gronns with Gruul. And I was naming gronns "gruuls".

Hmmm... some other:

By long time I was confusing Vereesa and Valeera. Neltharion and Nefarian. Sinestra and Sindragosa. Thaurissan and Thassarian. Nazgrel and Nazgrim. Drek'thar and Drak'thul (if someones don't know who was Drak'thul, it was an episodical character appearing during the Night Elves' campaign in TFT, Maiev was doing for him optional quest: killing the undead orcs fighting together), Xavalis and Xavathras (both were in Felwood and both were named satyrs).

Plus when I was playing Warcraft first time, 11 years ago, I was confusing Azshara and Aszune. I even thought they were the same person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Varian and every other human. They all look the same to me.

Maraad and maladaar? Those Draenei dudes, I always mix up almost all of them. These two particularly.