Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    See, I don't think he's nearly as cunning as he thinks he is. Littlefinger is one-dimensional, he cares about himself, he might actually care a little bit about Sansa because she is Catelyn's daughter, but mostly, he's always looked out for himself and there isn't a thing he wouldn't do to get what he wants, which I think is undoubtedly the throne. Don't get me wrong, he's not stupid, and he's persuasive enough to make the right people trust him (enough) time after time, but I don't think things are going to end well for him, just like things won't end well for a lot of characters, me thinks. Regardless of how smart he is, if he is indeed behind all the things he says he is/we're made to believe he is, there is going to be a time when he just can't manipulate his way any further or something will not turn out as he expected and it might end up turning against him.
    I just don't want a SAW-esque Baelish montage at the end, showing us how he built the web. It can easily all come crashing down, as he's nothing more than a dragon snack. Either way, it should be really fun to watch it unfold.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

And nobody's talking how he's set himself as one of most powerful lords in Westeros by giving himself Harrenhall (which is useless from income standpoint, but it did give him legitimacy to marry Lysa, thus becoming Lord-protector of the Eyrie and doubling his influence). He and Varys are only true players in the game, Varys wants to set last Blackfyre descedant on the Iron Throne, white Littlefinger wants to become power behind the same.

Sooner or later though, Littlefinger is going to bump up against the fact that people know he's sly, devious, and wholly out for his own self, and that's it. It takes just one powerful person who doesn't rely or trust him for anything to make his house of cards crumble.

We've already seen that with the Lords of the Vale, who, if they had a little gumption, could have destroyed Petyr if they wanted, but they instead succumbed to (what they think is) their own agenda.

I think it would be deviously delicious if Varys was the one to emerge on the throne at the end.

I still hope Stannis plays a big role in how everything turns out, so many top dudes fell without a fight: Ned, Tywin, Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Well Lysa is a complete nutjob.
    Understandably so given how she was treated. Much of the blame for her actions can be attributed to how her family treated her. She's one of my favourite characters in both the book and the show - the latter especially since the actress portrayed her brilliantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, anything that Lysa has done has been...sort of "influenced" by Littlefinger. So maybe he's the one who sent the letter, got the squire to kill Jon, got him knighted and killed. Or maybe Lysa's just fucking crazy and super paranoid.

It doesn't really bother me. Littlefinger's still a dangerous guy, regardless if Lysa did some meddling of her own with this one strand in his intricate web of insanity.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥