Thread: Boosting?

Boosting?

Sup guys, basically I'm roughly 1800 rated and am struggling to find team mates to play with, I think i can push higher rating (2.2) but no one on my server really wants to play with an 1800 exp.

So I went on arena rating and looked at their offers and was interested in the 3v3 self play boost where you play with pro's for 2 hours.

Think this is very beneficial to play with the best of the best and get tips to improve the fastest but my question is, is this type of "boosting" frowned upon, personally I can't see why it would be but if you have a reason I would like know. Another question is if it's worth it, should i just wait it out and try to find partners and grind it out.

Rating is'nt the part I'm interested in tbh I just wanna get alot better at the game and find chill ppl to play with for fun.

Cheers all.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is frowned upon as it is against the ToS

It's also a ridiculous price. People pay $175 to play with some "pros" for a couple of hours? Ah ha ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Both is true, if you play at a higher rating you vs better people which makes you better.

You have good points though, I really doubt 2 hours would actually make me better at my class, it probably just makes me think I'm better.

If you play with better teamates, you also get carried...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't pay for a boost with cash. Just don't. You're the only one that's getting fooled (and as some people pointed out, it's against the ToS, which is frowned upon at mmochamp so don't go deeper into that with details here).

You need to find similar people to play with. I might be able to help you OP if you have a third player depending on what you play. But 2200 rating in 3s is no laughing matter atm. That's ~top 2% of the ladder.

I seriously feel like we could use a better system to find people to play with on this forum. The "lf partners" thread is just not being looked at enough.
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-01-12 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSmiles View Post
    Sup guys, basically I'm roughly 1800 rated and am struggling to find team mates to play with, I think i can push higher rating (2.2) but no one on my server really wants to play with an 1800 exp.

So I went on arena rating and looked at their offers and was interested in the 3v3 self play boost where you play with pro's for 2 hours.

Think this is very beneficial to play with the best of the best and get tips to improve the fastest but my question is, is this type of "boosting" frowned upon, personally I can't see why it would be but if you have a reason I would like know. Another question is if it's worth it, should i just wait it out and try to find partners and grind it out.

Rating is'nt the part I'm interested in tbh I just wanna get alot better at the game and find chill ppl to play with for fun.

Cheers all.
    Finding people to play with now its extremly easy (i found a lot of people just by doing skirmishes) and since you dont care about rating to much you should just play with whoever you can find, why would you pay someone to carry you if you are looking to improve, doesnt make any sense.. If you rly want to improve, just look for guides, watch some streams, enchant properly, buy gear with proper stats, check your macros.. there's a lot of way to improve, usually its just by playing the game.

Deleted
    You realize that if all the 1.8k players 'that feel like they can do better' - and oftentimes actually can do better - buy boosts, there will be no more market for 1.8k players trying to get better? You'd be part of the problem of there not being enough average players willing to improve and get better together.

If you ask me, wow is way past the point of a healthy pvp scene, but if you're less cynical and are actually looking for a good time then the last thing you'd wanna do is further the influence boosting services have on the ladder/scene.