Poll: How are professions in WoD?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Since when were they 'fun'?
    This ^^^

Professions were pretty bad before. They took a ton of time, and had no real immersion or content factor (for me). Now, they still don't mean much, but they are significantly less time consuming.

So, imho, it's an improvement over the previous system simply because it reduces the amount of time they used to require. But it still isn't good. Professions have needed a complete overhaul for many x-pacs now.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Professions are pointless now. Might as well just prune those out of the game too.

Before long you will log into WoW on Facebook, sit in your garrison, and queue. Why bother even making a open world at all anymore either?

WoD is not an expansion, it is a retraction.

7+ Year Old Account
    For money i think they have taken a hit, but i like this because it makes people pick them for fun. On the fun level, I am engineer so it really only got better and being able to make the extra gadgets for other toons really help out a lot. Skipping straight to Sindragosa in ICC from Blood Queen really helps when all my toons didn't have a glider.
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

It would be nice if they give us the option to grind things out if we choose like the good old days and let those who enjoy Facebook games use the current system.

Can comment about JC and Alchemy. They are alright; similar to MOP but slightly higher on the mats requirement [or at least that how it feels]; Makes little difference if you have a surplus of mats, but for JC I often found myself scrounging for the sorcerous airs from the AH to make the gems and I feel that the gating of taladite crystals inflates the blue quality gem price. It is a good money maker so far.

With the garrison integration there is slightly increased involvement in the crafting process as well as money making.

My only real complaint as an Alchemist is what's even the point of being Transmute spec if you aren't going to make any transmutes for this expac? We even got a (non-upgradeable) Philosopher's Stone.

Really I just want more stuff for Alchemy, otherwise Profs seem really good this expac.

I think it's tough to talk about professions without talking about Garrisons. I am greatly enjoying the latter and I understand that this enjoyment comes (in no small part) due to how they've gutted the relevance of personal professions and transferred it over to garrisons.

The "WC3 feel" is what I always end up looking for in WoW, so I am more interested in garrisons (and the base/resource management aspect of it) than I ever was in professions, which were basically acquired for the perks more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Overall the expansion is the best since TBC, but professions can and should be improved.
    You, sir, understand what this game is all about. Kudos for those who manage to see all the nuances which make WoD miles ahead of Cata, MoP and even WotLK.

And who still remember why TBC had the right ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    My only real complaint as an Alchemist is what's even the point of being Transmute spec if you aren't going to make any transmutes for this expac? We even got a (non-upgradeable) Philosopher's Stone.

Really I just want more stuff for Alchemy, otherwise Profs seem really good this expac.
    There is no alchemy spec anymore, potions and flasks dont make multiple items if you craft the new Draenor stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Its hard to imagine professions being worse than they currently are.

Bland, boring, unimaginative. In every possible way.
    Yup yup, this here pretty much.

Professions are kinda omgwtf at the moment. There are like 10-15 patterns to create, all are very generic, nothing exciting or interesting... I know they went for streamlining professions (and even in MoP it was too much) but now it's just stupid. Next expansion they might as well remove them completely if it continues to be like this.

Deleted
    The profession changes were an obvious attempt to kill botting.

I dislike the removal of the passive traits / bonus and such.

Regarding the profession itself... while they *are* underwhelming, they certainly do not feel any more underwhelming than they already were pre-WoD.

They are still nice in the way you can craft some nice upgrades to supplement raiding, even with the forced limitations, but yea they're not particularly engaging, nor have they ever been to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss going out in the world to farm mats and craft stuff.
    One or two components behind a daily cooldowns as alright, but being able to craft just 1 item every 6-7 days just sucks.

Of all things I miss the most is the ore shuffle. You can debate on what it's impact to the economy was, but I did enjoy it. A little minigame in the game.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Im fine with most of it, it never was particularly interesting to begin with. Just a way to make some easy gold off of the AH. Its a shame they dont have the added bonusses anymore. I liked those. Gave a bit more feel to my character. I also dont like that its impossible to power level professions to 700. If i wanted to change my prof i would be able to get to 600 quickly but then have to do daily cooldowns for the remaining 100 points. Thats my biggest gripe with most professions really. I want to spend a sunday powerlevelling my profession to 700. Not having to a bazillion daily cooldowns.