Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do people not remember the Start of MoP and MSV at all?

Mythic was never supposed to be Super Heroic.

Also, the line about being able to make challenging encounters because of class abilities was just some shit one Blizzard employee said. It was never Blizzard's encounter design policy that mechanics like MC on Instructor Razuvious were returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Mythic was billed as the change in name from Heroic, but also potentially more challenging due to the designers' abilities to make encounters more well-tuned and specialized. Remember they mentioned using things like Mind Control on boss encounters? Remember the "Mythic trash" we're will billed? It just feels too easy when compared to past and more difficult raids.
    It doesn't seem too easy when compared to its relative peers, such as MSV. Blizzard's comments on tuning and Mythic was not that it would be made harder or more challenging - but rather that as a fixed raid size, it would be easier for them to tune the fights and adjust mechanics to the level of difficulty they want, without having to worry about how something affects a 10 man raid vs a 25 man raid. I don't think you can really take a good look at T17 and evaluate it until BRF is here and we see how that plays out. Before that its really too early to say anything about the tier as a whole.

I'm not a big fan of the tuning in Highmaul, I think they should've scaled it better (more linearly, with nothing changing about M Imperator, but buffing up M Kargath and smoothing out the curve for the bosses in between), but you could certainly say the same about Firelands, so I think that's just more a case of Blizzard slightly missing the mark rather than anything about Mythic as opposed to when the hardest fights were Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I don't think it's too easy, seems about on par with MSV Heroic. Then again, after their nonsense about changing Mythic to 20 player making it 'easier to get a tighter tuning' it probably is easier than they intended it. Big surprise there .
    Didn't they say it was to avoid some bosses being faceroll on 10 man while very difficult on 25man and opposite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I've seen a lot of people saying their guilds have trouble with Mythic bosses that the best guilds consider easier, so I think it's fine. Certainly doesn't need to be any harder, after all a Latino guild just got banned for cheating their way to a realm first.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Back in WotLK you'd have 20 guilds at 6/7 HC after over a month of raiding a current tier. Back then only last bosses of relevant tiers were really challenging. The others ranged from "loot pinatas" to "pretty easy", but the last boss used to be a real wall that the grand majority of guilds couldn't break. The difficulty seems to be tuned better now (or I just got less skilled).
    Big Red Button Mimiron would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    It's mostly the BMAH and garisson gear/profesions fiasco would be my guess.

As in, hardcore players geared up faster than previous expansions.
    I've noticed this. I'm about as hardcore as you can be without being -really- hardcore (high end of everyman, I'd say), and I came back after leaving at the very beginning of Cata. I'm still trying to figure out how BMAH works, but garrisons and the readily accessible (and quite good) crafted epic system has led me to gear up not only my mains but also several alts very, very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Didn't they say it was to avoid some bosses being faceroll on 10 man while very difficult on 25man and opposite?
    I could see that being an issue if they didn't fix Mythic at some number...doesn't even matter what the number is. It might just be more / less deadweight, but I've noticed in flex raiding that when people need to drop out and we reconfig the raid group slightly, bosses can be either dramatically easier or harder.

And what is the "intended audience" for mythic anyway.
    Should the top tier content be aimed at those with multiple prior tier experience.

It is always very easy for those with good experience to forget that the game cannot cater to that audience too well without being detrimental to the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Just too easy to outgear. In the old days there wasn't so many ways to get ilvl. Now you can practically build a set from 3 crafted and HC pieces in a couple of runs that will let you do competitive Mythic level dps. There is no ladder anymore, I hope BRF has a higher skillcap because this first half a tier has been a major letdown.

Wasn't some fights in WotLK bugged?

Nope not at all. Considering this isn't even half of the tier, I feel there is nothing to discuss.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

this is just MSV, not HoF + terrace.

Tons of Flux heading into WoD. Guilds need highmaul to figure out their rosters and get used to the new size. Probably a good thing to keep it easier.

That said Margok took 300+ attempts for many guilds which is a pretty solid number for and end boss. Some of the fights do get far easier with gear. The DPS checks were fairly light so outside the very first week you just do mechanics and collect loot. Highmaul to me is very balanced for the slot it is intended to fill

I think youre underestimating how many pulls a prepared guild can get in during a night of attempts now. During Garrosh progression, my guild would be lucky to get in say 20 pulls a night due to the length of the fight, adjusting strats, and the three or five minute run back and eating process. Compare to thursday where we got 37 pulls in on Butcher in one night due to the fight being relatively simple, and the run back being only a minute at most. Our total wipe numbers have seemed fairly average for progression, with maybe just too many on Brackenspore. But our rate of killing new bosses is much quicker due to small instances and quicker fights. Not to mention that Highmaul is a filler raid so we will see where Blackrock stands in difficulty as well.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Highmaul isn't a filler raid, it's the first half of a two raid tier.

I think the difficulty is fine, the tier is just under half over and it looks like the last boss is no pushover. I was a bit disappointed by Ko'ragh though we killed it in about 3 hours I think.

No, I think it's just fine. MSV for example had 3 faceroll easy heroics in the first 3 encounters (normal Elegon was harder).

Kargath is basically a gimmie if you can do 6/7 heroic, but I'd say they're tuned just fine overall, and an entry level mythic boss being easier than the end boss of the previous difficulty is nothing new, and is true here. And they will get easier as people get more gear, Butcher in particular which isn't really much harder, just more demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Highmaul isn't a filler raid, it's the first half of a two raid tier.

I think the difficulty is fine, the tier is just under half over and it looks like the last boss is no pushover. I was a bit disappointed by Ko'ragh though we killed it in about 3 hours I think.
    It has no tier gear in it, its a filler raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It has no tier gear in it, its a filler raid.
    By that logic 4/10 of Foundry bosses are filler bosses?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

what to buy challenge mode raid.. so want this to come true. It's unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    By that logic 4/10 of Foundry bosses are filler bosses?
    They are in a raid that drops tier gear.

Don't malform my statements to fill your agenda.

Progression was challenging due to avg ilvl being pretty low, 5/7 of the bosses are rather easy, only one who feels like some challenge after 2+ kills Is koragh, and obviously Impregnator Is a couple levels ahead of all of those as should be..