Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Centcom twitter account hacked by ISIS

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/12/cyber-caliphate/

I wonder if any of the information they posted on twitter was legitimate, I was surprised how many people were RTing their stuff. I guess there are ISIS aligned hacker groups now.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Seems legit... or not.

But why would they claim they did something like that, which few would believe anyway? If you want to bluff, you should make your bluff believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    These people are absolutely infantile, it's like watching kids in a playground taunting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    These people are absolutely infantile, it's like watching kids in a playground taunting each other.
    If they did in fact dox a bunch of American soldiers it would be a pretty big security threat, considering they can put a list out there on the internet and call for every self radicalized crazy to use it as a hit list.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If they did in fact dox a bunch of American soldiers it would be a pretty big security threat, considering they can put a list out there on the internet and call for every self radicalized crazy to use it as a hit list.
    In the article it links to something supposedly stolen, a picture. That is unclass/fouo which while not meant to be handed around like a walmart flier is not kept on protected drives either for the most part. Sounds like they got access to one of the informational sharepoints and now they think they are hot shit.

Deleted

Would you like to play a game?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    In the article it links to something supposedly stolen, a picture. That is unclass/fouo which while not meant to be handed around like a walmart flier is not kept on protected drives either for the most part. Sounds like they got access to one of the informational sharepoints and now they think they are hot shit.
    Some of this stuff was so over the top, it makes you wonder if somebody did this for the lulz, even tweeting selfies of nude women and claiming they were pictures of soldiers wives.

'we are in your pcs, at every base'... so ISIS is saying 'all your base are belong to us' !

Deleted
    Taking a website down and getting access to a twitter account aren't at all on the same level of difficulty.

That said, this is a twitter issue. Breaking into Centcom's twitter and breaking into my twitter are about as difficult. Assuming we both use competent passwords, it's down to twitter themselves, for the most part.

$50 the password was Usaroxxx69

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    55$ for 0000000
    69$ for 123Kappa123

Really, they just supposedly leaked some highly classified documents dealing with South Korea.

In any case - US, what the fuck?
    First Chinese steal every single bit of information about your aircraft and radars and now some fucking sandkebabs hack your Twitter account.

This is exactly what I felt - great - you hacked TWITTER - big kudos ISIS....

Now actually getting into CENTCOM and acquiring something.... that would be a story worth the worry - this is just as bad as the nude celeb photo leaks

Quote Originally Posted by Gobaroque View Post
    In any case - US, what the fuck?
    First Chinese steal every single bit of information about your aircraft and radars and now some fucking sandkebabs hack your Twitter account.
    Damn it they need to stop using 'password123' as the password for everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Damn it they need to stop using 'password123' as the password for everything!
    well to be fair, they do have a lot of accounts and passwords can be hard to remember.

thats why i capitalize the W in passWord, harder to crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    shit, I dont play around with my passwords. And if their password was not as good as mine, then they deserve to be hacked, since it was the military where I learned my passwords.

26 character password (min) Numbers, Upper/lowercase, special characters. If they cant even do this (minimum), then they deserve to get hacked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cyber Caliphate is actually a really cool name.

This is going to create a shitstorm if the major media runs with it though..

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Cyber Caliphate is actually a really cool name.
    It kind of makes me think of a room of scantilly clad middle eastern/mediterranean women though, doing webcam shows.

Deleted
    Sony consulted on there firewall I assume?

15+ Year Old Account
    It kind of makes me think of a room of scantilly clad middle eastern/mediterranean women though, doing webcam shows.
    There's no way this doesn't exist somewhere on the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    lol@them thinking that "hacking" a Twitter page is the same as hacking a Centcom database.