Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I disagree, as I said, I have witnessed more toxicity these past few days in hots than the last 4 years of LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I mean, if a character goes AFK you can still command the AI, you aren't giving a free lane.

Even if an opponent is really good, he by himself can't really get fed by your ally laning against him; the whole group contributes to XP so you can balance it out and there are many objectives to go to so the lane feeding thing would stop fairly quickly.

In a HOTS quick match you are guaranteed to play the Hero you want, no fighting for lanes in Blind Matches, no continuous dodges in draft, not forced to play a role you don't want to play because "you haven't played support for a while".
    I think being able to command the AI is pretty nice but the problem comes with "what if that guy reconnects?". I've never went into HotS because I was turned off just by looking at gameplays, but I'm using Dota (Dota 1) logic where you can pass/use/sell the items of the person who dc-ed/left. Imagine you're that guy, you dc-ed for 1 minute and you reconnect with some random guy using your champ badly and feeding or sold all your equipment.

I think League is built in a way to encourage team fights (or constant team fights or contesting of objectives). The map is smaller and imagine if your top laner leaves, I don't think you will be able to handle both mid lane and top lane together, the most you will do, is have the AFK-ed top laner stand right beside your mid-lane to suck/not suck exp and wait for a chance for a constant gank to get you ahead and of course there may be other trollers/people trying to control that champ as well.

As for gold/xp contribution, some people may feel that "why do I have to lose out even more exp to some person who's afk when I'm already at a set back?". Or if the xp/gold were to be distributed out, then "it's pretty cool that I get a sudden boost", which may lead to snowballing and an eventual close out of the game. Then we also have to consider "what if that person connects back?". As much as I hate leavers, I think the system in league is pretty balanced.

Lastly about lanes, for blind pick, you can always just pick whatever you want to play and go wherever you want, just like HotS. The problem comes when everyone wants to play the same hero/type of hero, that is why our system is like that. It encourages people not to be self-centred and try to adapt/learn the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I disagree, as I said, I have witnessed more toxicity these past few days in hots than the last 4 years of LoL
    I actually read wrongly and tot that you encountered 1 game in LoL, so toxic, that it amounts to more of last 4 years lollololoolol.

Deleted
    I just use the mute button, and focus on doing the best I can. People only communicate using pings anyway.

I've been playing games online for like 13 years, the way I deal with anyone who's toxic is pretty much the same. It helps that certain things dont bother me, like people auto-locking, griefing, inting, etc - I just report and I have a good reporting record. So that really only leaves trash talking and that's easy. Trash talking is almost always when I die and someone says "you suck/you're trash/you're worthless. I just ask them "tell me right now what I should have done there or you're full of shit". The vast majority of the time they either talk out of their ass and prove they dont know anything, or dont say a word...sometimes for the rest of the game. In a couple sentences: done.

Problem is most people get defensive instead, and get in a drawn out insult war which will probably sabotages their report if they file one. It's no different than IRL when someone says something really stupid and you put them on the spot to elaborate. Usually they just ramble and say nonsense and end up defeating themselves.

And let's be honest...alot of toxic LoL players will oust themselves as morons if you just give them chance to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    "tell me right now what I should have done there or you're full of shit"
    This is something close to what I do hah except the "or you're full of shit" part lol

Deleted
    I am naturally toxic, I venom players from start on.

But why does the LOL client load patches so slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    This is something close to what I do hah except the "or you're full of shit" part lol
    it's actually a necessary part because you're putting them on the spot to back up what they say, otherwise it proves they're stupid.

Also, you'll notice other teammates will start jumping in to bash you if you just stay quiet. Not a big deal if you're carrying the team, but maybe a big deal if they think you're inting and decide to group report you after the game.

it's actually a necessary part because you're putting them on the spot to back up what they say, otherwise it proves they're stupid.

Also, you'll notice other teammates will start jumping in to bash you if you just stay quiet. Not a big deal if you're carrying the team, but maybe a big deal if they think you're inting and decide to group report you after the game.
    Alright maybe I'll try it HAH but it's true though, I realized that when someone blames me, someone else would also start until I tell them that I'm really open to suggestions if they thought that I could've made a better decision lol.

Recently had one game as SP Lux (and of course I buy wards), I just let my ADC die and ran away. He spammed ping "?" on me and I alt+clicked my 25 stacks Mejai and 5% mana, turned out that I did more than 2 times his dmg LOL (on champs).

Alright maybe I'll try it HAH but it's true though, I realized that when someone blames me, someone else would also start until I tell them that I'm really open to suggestions if they thought that I could've made a better decision lol.

Recently had one game as SP Lux (and of course I buy wards), I just let my ADC die and ran away. He spammed ping "?" on me and I alt+clicked my 25 stacks Mejai and 5% mana, turned out that I did more than 2 times his dmg LOL (on champs).
    yeah i personally don't act polite about it, because they werent polite. The best you can do online is call them out to back up their statement, lest they look like a braindead fool. believe me sometimes i can get extremely toxic. Mostly because I want to legit screw with the guys head. It just rustles me sometimes that kids act like that, because if it were to happen IRL they'd get smacked up. That's the downside of the internet is that we're all behind screens.

I get it tenfold because I main Zed, and everyone thinks they know Zed back to front. In the same games I'll then hard carry the team and the hater will be some top or adc with a 5/12 K and they just stop talking completely.

Also - there tends to be alot of non-english speakers who just spout off obscenities. Those guys I can't even take seriously....it's like they have a legit mental issue.

I'll then hard carry the team and the hater will be some top or adc with a 5/12 K and they just stop talking completely
    I'm just naturally polite you know (HAHAHAHAHA). But anyways, I think what's worse are those with 5/12 K/D and still continue to talk lol. It's at the same time entertaining, pitiful and annoying lol.

I like to think of how good players are (as in their good points and how they contribute to the game) but there are some that I just can't find anything that can help themselves to climb, especially when I'm on my sub-account, so I just have the mentality that I won't ever meet him again but for some cases, I know it's pretty bad but I don't care too much about losing LP, so I'd spam queue and try to stalk them and make them show the toxic behaviour so that I can gather evidences for a report =x.

I'm just naturally polite you know (HAHAHAHAHA). But anyways, I think what's worse are those with 5/12 K/D and still continue to talk lol. It's at the same time entertaining, pitiful and annoying lol.

I like to think of how good players are (as in their good points and how they contribute to the game) but there are some that I just can't find anything that can help themselves to climb, especially when I'm on my sub-account, so I just have the mentality that I won't ever meet him again but for some cases, I know it's pretty bad but I don't care too much about losing LP, so I'd spam queue and try to stalk them and make them show the toxic behaviour so that I can gather evidences for a report =x.
    I feel like having a deep understanding of mechanics and also how to play your champ will make you more resilient to tilt as well. Because you inevitably invoke the autistic wrath of teammates when you die or don't get that kill. The more knowledgeable you are, the more easily you can call out people's rants as nonsensical BS and it won't even register to you. And in the event they actually made a good point (albeit in an asshole manner) you'll already know what you did wrong.

TBH I type even less now since that last post I made. I find admitting my mistakes in chat as well just snuffs any crybabies before they get started.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Start Game

2. Mute all in chat

3. Enjoy game
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

prob should just stop playing league. it might not be your game. why fret over it when you can try new things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    dying on purpose
    Why do people always assume that players do that? They are just beginners and don't know how to play.

this game is very toxic and i'm sure of it

Turn off the chatter and play with your style. Do as much as you can.

Deleted
    Well, nothing changed in LoL community since I started in 2012.

To be honest, I was like that in the beginning; I would just ignore toxic comments and behaviour. But it kept going, and going, and going.....

In the end, I became a toxic piece of crap as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Turn off the chatter and play with your style. Do as much as you can.
    I used some kind of trick to hide my chat, but the game felt so unbearably uncomfortable. Also, there are some games where a teammate plans some sort of strategy in chat, and you don't want to miss out.

mute all is th only way to play league now

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Wow, it's almost like you ignored every point that I've made in my post and just picked up #28 from your book of generic comments.
    The problem is that the game doesn't give you any tools to deal with toxic people except not playing.
    So instead of doing the adult thing you are toxic and then run to a fansite and complain how others are making you do it? Grow up. No one is making you do anything. Stop blaming others for your faults. Be an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro