Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Except there never were a bunch of smiley gnomes? Turn on the old models and cycle through the faces, because you seem to have forgotten that. And back when the new models were all smiley, the internet exploded into a rage about the 'stupid smile' on all of the gnomes. "OMG SAMEFACE SAMEFACE THEY R ALL SMILING WTF" etc. So Blizz 'fixed' it..
    Making them look chronically depressed isn't really a "fix".

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The females don't look anywhere near "chronically depressed" to me. There's a difference between a neutral expression and a frown. NE males... now there are some unhappy folk.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    My gnome doesn't look chronically depressed? But art is the eye of the beholder, as they say.

This conversation is proof that Blizz can't make everyone happy. First the new gnomes are cheerful and smiling, everyone rages and flips the fuck out. Then they remove the smiles and people like you think they look depressed.

Which group of complainers do they listen to? The people who hate the smile, or the people who hate the serious faces?

This is my premade gnome on the PTR, I'm perfectly happy with how she looks now that they did away with those awful bags under the eyes.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2015-01-13 at 09:07 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Which group of complainers do they listen to? The people who hate the smile, or the people who hate the serious faces?
    Ideally they would have left both face options. I'm not sure why all of the female races received a global smile or why gnomes are the only ones who've had it reversed. There were very few smiling faces pre-updates.

Disappointed to see from the 6.1 screenshots that my tauren face is still grinning too. Frustrating that all of my characters who used to have neutral expressions now look like they've had lobotomies. Except my gnome, so yay for that.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    Did they change the socket for the water-buffalo horns?
    Nope. It's still the same.

noooooo! I fucking loved the new nelf run animation it looks so fucking boring now : ( Hope I can adapt or they spice it up somehow,... fuck
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ideally they would have left both face options. I'm not sure why all of the female races received a global smile or why gnomes are the only ones who've had it reversed. There were very few smiling faces pre-updates.
    I mean, most races have 8-10 face options. They do have room to have variety, but instead opt to have 8-9 frowny faces and 1-2 neutral faces...

Except for the poor tauren and their 4 facial options, hope that gets fixed soon.

Maybe it's in this thread somewhere, and I'm still looking, but does anyone know if they gave female night elves back their eyelashes?

Still the ugly brown feet in the cream color
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You think that looks good? I think it looks lifeless, rigid, and akin to the old human male "load in the drawers" run animation.

It's still got a long ways to go.

http://i.imgur.com/3xyQ1qj.gifv
    Oh my gosh that's horrible from behind... the happy skippy run wasn't flawless but it was a lot better than... that. I am a sad Night Elf.

No changes to trolls so far, white hair still have grey hair-base, and the long breaid hairstyle on troll male is still super rigid and not animated ;f

Very happy about changes to female tauren, they look so much better now. Same goes to fem gnomes and fem dwarves (one displayed on mmo champ reminds me of Lara Croft!)

Draeneis? I never liked them, and after changes they still give me uncanny feeling.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunami View Post
    Maybe it's in this thread somewhere, and I'm still looking, but does anyone know if they gave female night elves back their eyelashes?
    They have not yet.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Why is there so much chat about other races in a thread specifically about female tauren?

Anyways I'm loving the return of the spots, and also the change to her face with blending the nose in and giving her less of a cleft lip. If they would just close her mouth in the idle state and fix the weird skirt no-legs thing and shoulder clipping, I'd say that I would be reasonably happy with the model. The fan art is still better but I don't think we're going to get close to that!

Can they add another face to the pandaren, one that makes them look more savage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Squickly, there's quite a large female draenei thread here, if you want to join the discussion with more like-minded kin:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-vs-New/page36

Sig by Isilrien