Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do, always did since I turned 18, twelve years ago. I consider voting a right but also a responsibility, so I never miss a consultation. Sometimes it went how I'd hoped, sometimes not, but that's democracy.
    I feel it would be irresponsible, impolite to some extent, not to cast my vote when we are asked how we think about something, or who we think should govern us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    I haven't, too apathetic and too lazy to bother getting informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Can't say I have in my 45 years. Seems kind of pointless to me.
    Voting for someone, to vote for you. Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Yes.

MMO Champion needs a figurehead, a rallying point, a person to combat the infinite shitposters rife within Gen-OT.

In other words you need Manakin as supermod.

Accepting votes.
    Maybe once I stop being labeled as the Co. in Manakin/Tradewind & Co.

I'm my own original poster! Pls no label!

But on topic, I think once. Honestly I don't bother because I never get around to actually finding out who is for what, so yeah. A vote in ignorance is a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Imo if you dont vote you arent eligable to complain about the society either.
    What makes you think that? Surely if anything's going to stimulate someone's desire to vote it is going to be political debate.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I vote every election. That way, I can have a say in how my government acts and let them know via my vote if they are doing things I do not approve of.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    How different things in the US would be if you had mandatory voting...

Voting is Mandatory in Australia and I proudly do it.

See Sig
    I don't see how forcing a bunch of uneducated people to vote is going to change anything.

Yeah, I vote every time. Voting, jury duty, military service, your democracy needs you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I started voting because it ment alot to my sis - I just left the note blank, because I didnt care.. (Voting blank is still a vote)

Now I´m starting to think its more important, because some stupid parties are getting more popular in Denmark and I dont like it :P
    Atleast I can have a good consciousness when all goes to shit :P

I suppose not voting gives you the right to bitch about everything.

Cause you didn't vote for them, therefore you had no idea they were going to do that.

And for your curiosity, yes, yes I have.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by SaigonRE View Post
    I'm no fan of Bush, but do you really think that Al Gore or John Kerry would have been even remotely better?
    After the bullshit that Bush left Obama, yes. At least if we had Gore, we wouldn't have been lied into Iraq by Bush and Cheney. So we would have saved, what? $1.7 trillion from just Iraq alone? So yeah that would have been a lot better. And I am sure neither of them would have hid in Texas like Bush did when Katrina hit. Then when the financial crisis hit, they wouldn't have screwed around and not sign TARP like Bush did.

So Yes. They probably would have been a thousand times better than Bush.

Deleted
    Can't say I have in my 45 years. Seems kind of pointless to me.
    do you complain about taxes? health care? road maintenance? education? corrupt politicians.....or anything really?

Because you have no fucking right to if you dont vote.If you cant be bothered to take part, you dont deserve to have your opinion heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    do you complain about taxes? health care? road maintenance? education? corrupt politicians.....or anything really?

Because you have no fucking right to if you dont vote.If you cant be bothered to take part, you dont deserve to have your opinion heard.
    I see this often and it sounds silly to me.

What if someone chose to not vote because the choices didn't agree with what they wanted to see happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Then I hope you never take part in any political discussion on this or any other forum
    Don't understand this mentality. How does the act of not voting prohibit anyone's opinion on political matters? Voting doesn't make anyone any smarter, voting doesn't mean you're informed on issues, voting doesn't give you some Golden Pass that allows you to voice thoughts and opinions on political matters and government, nor does it give your opinions more weight or priority.

I would much rather be informed and not vote, than be like some voters out in the US who aren't informed at all and vote based on their feels. What an idiotic mentality. If anything, not voting allows me to talk all I want, I have no sides. I have not chosen any. I'm free! Woot. Woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I see this often and it sounds silly to me.

What if someone chose to not vote because the choices didn't agree with what they wanted to see happen?
    Plus this. Thank you.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2015-01-13 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I vote for the ones that line up with the federal ones. That's all the state reps/governor/mayor/etc, and they're all on the same ballot as the federal votes. I mean the local ones that are like zoning ordinances and such.
    Yeah, those probably affect you more than your state reps or governor. City councils, boards of education, etc. These things generally tend to affect people much more directly than state or national elections.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    How different things in the US would be if you had mandatory voting...
    Yet you still put Abbott in the PM's chair.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Every year or two since I turned 18. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I acted like how I do on MMO Champ yet didn't vote in real life?
    I don't know about hilarious. Beneficial, surely.

And yes, in every election except one provincial one..

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I might vote if i didn't have to fill out forms and actually go to some polling station...seems like such a damn hassle. Why can't we vote online?
    Because then hackers get complete control over political office? Also fake votes

Where I live we have mail in balloting it couldn't be any easier. You should check to see if you have mail in in your area.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I actually subscribe to a very old tradition that says Active military officers should not vote (In federal elections, local/state is fine), so no I do not. Texas isn't exactly a swing state anyway, nothing is every very close. Local elections are important, and I would vote there, but I haven't actually lived in the place where I am registered in years, so I have no idea who is running for those.

Seems kind of pointless to me.
    ... if voting seems pointless to you then you must have a very poor understanding of democracy. Politicians may be corrupt, and the system may be flawed; but refusing the raise your voice merely makes you complacent.