Poll: Will the cops be found innocent or guilty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Albuquerque police charged in homeless killing.

Two police officers in Albuquerque, New Mexico, will face charges for killing a homeless camper, their lawyers say.

Former detective Keith Sandy and officer Dominique Perez will face a murder charge in the death of James Boyd, 38.

Their lawyers argued the two will be cleared of wrongdoing.

The fatal shooting in March last year sparked city protests, some violent, and came amid a federal investigation into the police department's practices.

A year-long US investigation found Albuquerque police had inappropriately killed suspects and used more force on those with mental illnesses.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30783324

Will these guys be found guilty or innocent?

das-office-charges-former-officer-keith-sandy-with-murder/

"Helmet-cam video captured Sandy and Perez firing three shots each which killed Boyd in March 2014."

See, if they are wearing helmet cams and know they are being recorded, they're not going to commit a crime. I'm going to say it was an accident. I wonder if we can watch the video somewhere?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    das-office-charges-former-officer-keith-sandy-with-murder/

"Helmet-cam video captured Sandy and Perez firing three shots each which killed Boyd in March 2014."

See, if they are wearing helmet cams and know they are being recorded, they're not going to commit a crime. I'm going to say it was an accident. I wonder if we can watch the video somewhere?

The video has been out for awhile. I would like to think they will be convicted, but in the end you never know.

imo they are guilty.

hey y'all, let's protest and burn shit down

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    #homelesslivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    Any excuse to loot and pillage is good for me.

Deleted
    Pretty much to me yes.

They fired the stun grenade, let the dog loose, the man seemingly dropped the knifes and then turned away when the police opened fire.

However when you have police in the US "getting away" with beating suspects to death while shouting;

"Now you see my fists?" Fullerton police officer Manny Ramos asked Thomas while slipping on a pair of latex gloves. "Yeah, what about them?" Thomas responded. "They are getting ready to fuck you up," said Ramos
    Then I kind of question how likely this will be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

EDIT;

Since the OP didn't include the video here it is.

NSFW

Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2015-01-13 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    These cops should be executed in the streets so every citizen can spit on their corpses.

I really hate that cops can get away with killing innocent people..

15+ Year Old Account
    Was the homeless guy white? If so the poll is going to be lots of guilty. If the homeless guy was black, he would have been an "imminent threat" somehow and the poll will have lots of "innocent".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Was the homeless guy white? If so the poll is going to be lots of guilty. If the homeless guy was black, he would have been an "imminent threat" somehow and the poll will have lots of "innocent".
    he was white

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-con.../JamesBoyd.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    These cops should be executed in the streets so every citizen can spit on their corpses.

I really hate that cops can get away with killing innocent people..
    Way to take it to the EXTREME!!!!!!!!!

The cops should be placed on trial, to ensure faith in the system.

Also how innocent can a guy be who is dual wielding knives and wont drop them?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Way to it to the EXTREME!!!!!!!!!

The cops should be placed on trial, to ensure faith in the system.

Also how innocent can a guy be who is dual wielding knives and wont drop them?
    How innocent can the officers be when they shoot a man with his back turned and moving away after deploying a stun grenade (And from the video it looks like the man dropped them after they used it).

But I agree with you.

Lets wait for the trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, not even a page in and we already have someone trying to make this a matter of race. What a shocker on the mmo champion forums!

They clearly did wrong.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they really shoot 3 more times, sick the dog on him, then handcuff him? After putting several bullets in his back?

You don't shoot someone in the back when there is zero threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    How innocent can the officers be when they shoot a man with his back turned...
    Which is why I voted guilty, but the fact remains guy was armed, wouldn't disarm, and I think you need to watch it again, the knife is clearly still in his hand when is he on the ground. 2:03 in the youtube video above.

If the guy was moving towards the cops, id have voted innocent, but he wasnt, so its pretty clear cut. You cant be shooting people in the back unless they are charging at someone in that direction.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

See, if they are wearing helmet cams and know they are being recorded, they're not going to commit a crime.
    Uh...what?

People commit crimes when they know they're under electronic surveillance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Which is why I voted guilty, but the fact remains guy was armed, wouldn't disarm, and I think you need to watch it gain, the knife is clearly still in his hand when is he on the ground. 2:03 in the youtube video above.

If the guy was towards the cops, id have voted innocent, but he wasnt, so its pretty clear cut.
    My mistake when he collapsed I ended the video before the police came up to search his body.

But the latter part is accurate indeed.

We'll have to wait until this goes to trial though and given history to US law enforcement I'm not completely hopeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those cops look more like us army special forces than cops, I'd probably be scared if they ran up on me while I was chilling in the desert to :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Did they really shoot 3 more times, sick the dog on him, then handcuff him? After putting several bullets in his back?

You don't shoot someone in the back when there is zero threat.
    The back? Psh he was aiming for his penis obviously.

One of the New Mexico officers who fatally shot a homeless man accused of illegally camping is facing renewed scrutiny after allegedly saying he was going to shoot that "fucking lunatic" in the penis just two hours before the incident. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5907696.html

Sandy responded to the scene on March 16th where Boyd refused to come down from a makeshift campsite in the foothills near Tramway and Copper. At the scene, Sandy saw former colleague State Police Officer Chris Ware. Sandy didn’t realize it, but Ware’s dash cam was rolling and picked up their conversation.

Sandy: What do they have you guys doing here?
    Ware: I don't know. The guy asked for state police.
    Sandy: Who asked?
    Ware: I don't know.
    Sandy: For this f***ing lunatic? I'm going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun here in a second.
    Ware: You got uh less-lethal?
    Sandy: I got...
    Ware: The Taser shotgun?
    Sandy: Yeah.
    Ware: Oh, I thought you guys got rid of those?
    Sandy: ROP's got one...here's what we're thinking, because I don't know what's going on, nobody has briefed me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    "See these fists? They're getting ready to fuck you up." Sick fucking cop.
    Was a different case I posted to highlight the treatment of officers in the court system (They were never convicted despite beating the person to death).

Just wanted to clarify that quickly in case people misinterpret this case with current one OP is speaking of.

Some other lovely quotes regarding that specific case;

One of the paramedics testified that he was first instructed to attend to a police officer's minor injury and then noticed Thomas lying unconscious in a pool of blood.
    Thomas can be heard repeatedly screaming in pain while officers are heard repeatedly asking him to place his arms behind his back. He audibly responds "Okay, I'm sorry!" and "I'm trying!" while the officers stretch his arm back
    they used a taser on him (up to five times according to a witness statement, and the video footage), and in the video Thomas can be heard screaming "Dad! Dad!"
    And of course the legal result;

On January 13, 2014, Ramos and Cicinelli were found not guilty of all charges