Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Implications:

Blood now will almost certainly not use 2 blood boils over 1 ds on single target.

Unholy will almost certainly not use bb on 2 targets.

Unholy's AOE dps, which was likely its only redeeming factor with respect to dps is now significantly worse. There might not even be a reason to play unholy now. Hopefully i'm just thinking of the worst, will be easier to tell once sims are updated and i'm able to sim for myself.

I think a summary further down the line would be

"You will almost certainly play frost."

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Blizz just shit on DK's.

Glad I boosted my rogue. Benching the DK for now...
    Hope you enjoy playing Sub, because both other rogue specs are below every dk spec! And Sub is even below 2h Frost!

Quote Originally Posted by roarfacelol View Post
    To deny these parses is basically saying that data/performance of classes for progression is irrelevant. That's hardly the case.
    That was an excellent straw man argument. Well done, sir.

Nerf should be to Blood only, and 33% is a bit much. Maybe 20%.

They are also nerfing Guardian Druid AOE as well. They nerfed Thrash. To me that says they are not okay with tanks being AOE gods anymore... which is fine in my book. But like everyone is saying in this thread, Blood Boil was a part of the Unholy DPS AOE...

And as someone who plays most classes, don't even talk about how Enhance has it so good... that spec is a train wreck and all they have is a moment to shine when the Fire Nova gimmick works on a boss. Enhance is probably the worst dps spec in the game mechanically right now, as well as one of the bottom ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    And as someone who plays most classes, don't even talk about how Enhance has it so good... that spec is a train wreck and all they have is a moment to shine when the Fire Nova gimmick works on a boss. Enhance is probably the worst dps spec in the game mechanically right now, as well as one of the bottom ranked.
    Mechanical issues I'll certainly give you, but enhance ranks middle of the pack overall-- and there is some indication it was very, very strong in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by cashballer View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1706

It's all well and good linking the overall, that gets massively inflated by the average created by HUGE AoE fights increasing the numbers they do overall, but being the lowest single target outside of some pure DPS options that have significantly better alternatives is the price we pay for it.

Then again, people who link the overall boss chart generally don't understand how to interpret it properly when AoE is such a factor, so it's to be expected. Not that I'm justifying the way Fire Nova is, I do however find it incredibly obnoxious when people throw this particular link around without any understanding of how to read it.

And as someone who plays most classes, don't even talk about how Enhance has it so good... that spec is a train wreck and all they have is a moment to shine when the Fire Nova gimmick works on a boss.
    Which is currently the case on 4/7 progression bosses.
    Enhance is probably the worst dps spec in the game mechanically right now, as well as one of the bottom ranked.
    That is not true. Perhaps you meant "single-target-ly" rather than "mechanically," in which case it was near the bottom but just received a buff.

Since Blood boil is obviously causing horrendous tuning problems, why not give us back heart strike in order to prevent shattering their already minimal single-target damage.

Which is currently the case on 4/7 progression bosses.

That is not true. Perhaps you meant "single-target-ly" rather than "mechanically," in which case it was near the bottom but just received a buff.
    No I mean mechanically and I think maybe 2 bosses the Fire Nova gimmick actually shines. Sure there are more "AOE" bosses, but Fire Nova shines on a ton of adds and not few target cleaves.

Perhaps you meant "single-target-ly" rather than "mechanically," in which case it was near the bottom but just received a buff.
    Enhance is in the bottom third for The Butcher, but it wasn't an outlier there. The buff is definitely appreciated, but it wasn't a foregone conclusion.

BTW, see magdalena's thread, and help if you can

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15698805346

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    BTW, see magdalena's thread, and help if you can

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15698805346
    As much as I support her initiative, it doesn't take logs to see that 33% to our AoE is disastrous.

said it was getting a huge nerf so not shocked at all. Blizzard are so predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how this i going to affect my soloing since BB is like my main attack as Blood since they took Heart Strike away. :-/
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaev View Post
    Wonder how this i going to affect my soloing since BB is like my main attack as Blood since they took Heart Strike away. :-/
    I'd like to see Heart Strike make a comeback in some way. It just feels better than Blood Boil for single target and cleave scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    As much as I support her initiative, it doesn't take logs to see that 33% to our AoE is disastrous.
    Clearly. But he's trying to make an argument to the devs, and saw some (admittedly small) success in beta in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    that's not the point, the only thing devs will listen to usually is actual data. i think we all agree with you 33% nerf is devastating to overall unholy dps, and raid progression, we just need to prove it to the moron devs at blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Stop whining, my Power Word: Shield got nerfed by 15%. How am I going to top healing meters now?
    Death Strike need a healing buff. So DKs stay on high hp to stop other healers from getting closer on healing meters.
    /careface about your Shield. 15% isn't much plus this is the DK forum not the Priest one.

Blood Boil tbh only needed nerfing for tanks. It was fine for DPS.

I'm not looking forward to Mythic Tectus tonight :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Heart Strike make a comeback in some way. It just feels better than Blood Boil for single target and cleave scenarios.
    You and me Both sir. My Attack kit feels so small this Xpac. I mean my defense on demand is amazing, but still... Blood Boil.. Death Coil... Deathstrike.. occasional Outbreak and defile... yep that's my exciting rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    /careface about your Shield. 15% isn't much plus this is the DK forum not the Priest one.

Blood Boil tbh only needed nerfing for tanks. It was fine for DPS.

I'm not looking forward to Mythic Tectus tonight :'(
    I'm not arguing that BB was a bit strong for us (Blood) but it's kind of our main attack because they took our others away.
    Last edited by Ironscroll; 2015-01-13 at 04:43 PM.
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I'd say that's pretty silly logic.

It's much simpler to lower one tank than buff the rest, and with your proposed idea the buffs would be endless whenever imbalance is present, causing tanks to do ridiculous damage with constant 'buffs' required to keep them together.

Blood AOE needed lowering, regardless of whether you like your aoe on adds on every boss.
    It's not the best logic.

I don't agree that blood's AoE needed to be lowered mid progression.