Page 1 of 73
... LastLast
    Deleted

DK Hotfixes Jan 12/13th.

so if they think our aoe/cleave is too strong where are the ret/arms nerfs? nerf it for blood i understand but for unholy? fuck off

Mod Edit:

Renamed post so its less confusing and so it can be a discussion thread for all of them. Also including all hotfixes from these past few days

Jan 12th

The Haste stat is now 11.1% more effective. For example, characters at level 100 now receive a 1% increase per 90 Haste (up from 1% per 100 Haste).

Classes

Death Knight
    General

Blood Boil’s damage has been reduced by 33.3%.

Frost
    Icy Talons now causes the Death Knight to gain 20% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.
    Druid

Jan 13th.
    Festering Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.
    Scourge Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2015-01-14 at 01:24 AM.

Yeah... Unholy just got torn apart, Arms got a huge buff, Enhance got a slap on the wrist when they were already way above us on AoE to begin with.

I felt that unholy's aoe was a bit over the top, such as Tectus and trash pulls, but i would like a compensation.

Buff unholy's ST so they can compete with frost, and i think the gap between multiple and ST fights with finally close together.

I can certainly understand their desire to tone down Unholy / Blood AoE a bit, but 33.3% seems a bit excessive.

To then scroll down and see a very minor nerf to Enhance AoE and an indirect buff to Arms cleave, well...I'm little baffled to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it doesnt make a whole lot of sense imo. Maybe they're trying to get more people playing frost.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Well... So staying on the bottom for 1 year was not enough.

GJ Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    arms nerfs
    hahahaha what
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Probably a dead spec. Second aoe, almost worst single target. No reason not to be frost.

I don't even want to play anymore

As frost, i like the patch notes

After this change would it be safe to say on 2 target fights (twins) its back to scourge striking instead of bb?

Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    After this change would it be safe to say on 2 target fights (twins) its back to scourge striking instead of bb?
    More like Howling Blasting/Obliterating

BRB redownloading my swing timer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    so if they think our aoe/cleave is too strong where are the ret/arms nerfs? nerf it for blood i understand but for unholy? fuck off
    It was probably meant as a nerf for Blood, which does way more AOE dps than most other tanking classes atm.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It was probably meant as a nerf for Blood, which does way more AOE dps than most other tanking classes atm.
    Bring the other tanks in line with us. I'm frustrated. I like my AoE on adds on every boss. This change pisses me off.

Implications:

Blood now will almost certainly not use 2 blood boils over 1 ds on single target.

Unholy will almost certainly not use bb on 2 targets.

Unholy's AOE dps, which was likely its only redeeming factor with respect to dps is now significantly worse. There might not even be a reason to play unholy now. Hopefully i'm just thinking of the worst, will be easier to tell once sims are updated and i'm able to sim for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Bring the other tanks in line with us. I'm frustrated. I like my AoE on adds on every boss. This change pisses me off.
    Every time there is a nerf, people say this kind of thing: "buff the other classes to be in line with us". Then no class will ever be nerfed and damage power will go up and up until Blizzard has to buff mob health and damage to compensate in order to prevent encounters becoming too trivial.

Not saying some classes like Enh. Shamans are OK with their AoE, but sometimes a nerf has to happen and is the simplest solution.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Unholy was the #1 spec in the entire game this week. The nerf was probably aimed at Unholy.

Don't get me wrong, someone needs to be #1, and Unholy wasn't an outlier. By which I mean the was no vast gap between #1 and numbers 2, 3, 4, etc. But it was the very tippy top.

Frost DK was one of the weakest specs, coming in 2-4 steps from the very bottom, depending on the metric used. It deserved a large buff. I haven't simmed it yet, so I don't know if 15% more haste will make it competitive or make haste Frost's #1 secondary stat, as it should be due to the attunement. I am very happy that alongside the 11.1% overall haste buff for everybody, Frost's downtime will be lower now regardless. It will be more fun to play.

Edit:
    Simmed Unholy with the newly nerfed Blood Boil. It is still worth switching to AE priority at 2 targets. Effectively zero gameplay change due to this nerf, just a straight cleave performance loss.

Unholy T17H 2 targets ST priority pre-nerf: 38.2k
    Unholy T17H 2 targets AE priority pre-nerf: 42.2k (+10.5%)

Unholy T17H 2 targets ST priority post-nerf: 38.2k
    Unholy T17H 2 targets AE priority post-nerf: 39.8k (+4.2%)

Note I did not sim the 11.1% haste increase for everybody as it shouldn't have any impact on the AE priority threshold.

If anyone would like to duplicate, the override is:

Code:
    override.spell_data=effect.43101.ap_coefficient=0.45
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-01-13 at 05:13 AM.

I totally get it for Blood. But for Unholy that's just bullshit. Enhance/Ret/Arms, among others are fine? LOL

I just got around to leveling my DK today read these at 98 and logged out. I've been saying it since ulduar I'll sell my account before i go frost

Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    I totally get it for Blood. But for Unholy that's just bullshit. Enhance/Ret/Arms, among others are fine? LOL
    Enhance AE was nerfed by 14% with >6 targets (which is where they were particularly strong).

Arms ranked #2 and Ret #6. Unknown why Arms got a buff. Probably for the upcoming raid tier. Ret didn't deserve a nerf.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-01-13 at 05:17 AM.