Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ...
    Seeing as I was just making a clarification that the ghoul doesn't gain 240% increased damage this is such a silly discussion.
    Also it's pretty obvious, especially since I mentioned it once, that I wasn't doing this multiplicitivly so that's why I was saying it can start at zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Seeing as I was just making a clarification that the ghoul doesn't gain 240% increased damage this is such a silly discussion.
    Also it's pretty obvious, especially since I mentioned it once, that I wasn't doing this multiplicitivly so that's why I was saying it can start at zero.
    It's what you get for failing to bullet proof your post on MMO-C, people will almost willfully misrepresent what you actually said because they would rather tell you that you are wrong about something rather than engage in an actual discussion and recognise the spirit/intent behind a post.

Pretty much why I haven't bothered to say anything here over the past 2 years, just not worth your time without a lawyer to proof read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's what you get for failing to bullet proof your post on MMO-C, people will almost willfully misrepresent what you actually said because they would rather tell you that you are wrong about something rather than engage in an actual discussion and recognise the spirit/intent behind a post.

Pretty much why I haven't bothered to say anything here over the past 2 years, just not worth your time without a lawyer to proof read your posts.
    From my experience things like that only really happen when a rather new poster to said sub forum comes in, as they don't know the frequent posters habits and such with posting. I post in the DK forums fairly often, and recognize people like Schizoide, Roth (newer but frequent), Raikh, and there's plenty more whom at a glance I know just by whom it was their kind of "tone" so it's harder for me to find offence unless it's essentially made clear they are meaning to butt heads or such. When a newer poster comes in though, none of that is there, you don't have a feel for them or how they interpret/mean things, so that's when sparks happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    From my experience things like that only really happen when a rather new poster to said sub forum comes in, as they don't know the frequent posters habits and such with posting. I post in the DK forums fairly often, and recognize people like Schizoide, Roth (newer but frequent), Raikh, and there's plenty more whom at a glance I know just by whom it was their kind of "tone" so it's harder for me to find offence unless it's essentially made clear they are meaning to butt heads or such. When a newer poster comes in though, none of that is there, you don't have a feel for them or how they interpret/mean things, so that's when sparks happen.
    Oddly enough no one you mentioned there is who I had in mind, maybe like you say it's because I read their posts almost daily and I am familiar with their style of posting. In part I'm grateful because it leads to a pretty high standard of theorycrafting on this sub forum and before I alienate all the people I am genuinely grateful to for working out the things I simply can not I would like to say thank you.

On the other hand though it would nice to be able to post as a human from time to time, to express an opinion that probably wasn't 100% technically accurate but conveyed the gist of an idea rather than something that would be perfectly at home in a science journal. In truth this sub forum is probably being caught in the crossfire of a complaint about the MMO-C forums in general but that's not to say I don't see it here from to time.

Anywho off-topic, my apologies for derailing the thread. We all know that this thread is for the discussion of KRSI with NP..........

Hmm the new PTR patch notes say:

Necrotic Plague damage has been increased by 20% and now only grants Runic Power to Blood Death Knights.
    Is this down again from the current PTR 3.2% of Attack power?

Might be a typo. It should be 18%. So that would be the tiniest of buffs, if true. Instead of being 3.2%, it would be like...3.24%. A buff, but hardly worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2015-02-14 at 01:37 AM.

The previous PTR buff was 37%, that's now down to 20%, that's all. We already knew about this from datamining.

Regarding people misrepresenting, etc, that is not a WoW or mmo-c thing, that's just how the internet works. Gotta have a thick skin.

Edit: Oh just read Roth's post more closely... the numbers are slightly higher, I guess. No biggie. Those numbers are fine for Unholy but obviously the ability remains garbage for Frost and Blood, as it still hasn't been special-cased and blood doesn't exactly need the RP.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-02-14 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The previous PTR buff was 37%, that's now down to 20%, that's all. We already knew about this from datamining.

Regarding people misrepresenting, etc, that is not a WoW or mmo-c thing, that's just how the internet works. Gotta have a thick skin.

Edit: Oh just read Roth's post more closely... the numbers are slightly higher, I guess. No biggie.
    It's not even about having a thick skin. I'm way past being offended by the internet, I just find this particular posting habit boring and exhausting. Too much internetz for me I suppose, watching the umpteenth circle jerk argument is now boring to me .

Heh, yeah, I'm with you there. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've had to explain about ignoring killing machine or why all the rune regen talents are a false choice.

2659 times. Trust me I've read those posts :P.

/edit: And god bless you for it. I've always been a fan of advice that factors in being an actual human.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-02-14 at 02:44 AM.

Any clue if they've fixed the blood boil bug yet?

It is fixed in 6.1, releasing next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It is fixed in 6.1, releasing next week.
    Is this based off testing on the PTR or did I just miss the post where they stated that it had been fixed versus the one where Celestalon had said they were going to try to fix it for 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Is this based off testing on the PTR or did I just miss the post where they stated that it had been fixed versus the one where Celestalon had said they were going to try to fix it for 6.1.
    Skullflowers did the test and posted the warcraftlogs parse in one of those threads maybe even in this thread a few pages ago. It is fixed as far as I understood the log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    I think skullflower posted something about testing it in ptr with positive results.

Well Tuesday just got even more awesome. Super stoked.

Yep, based on testing. Necroblight Unholy will be much, much better in 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    Skullflowers did the test and posted the warcraftlogs parse in one of those threads maybe even in this thread a few pages ago. It is fixed as far as I understood the log.
    I also got a confirmation on twitter

twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/567795514658549760