Thread: BM Buffs :)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BM Buffs :)

http://www.wowhead.com/news=245702/6...r-january-12th

Beast Mastery-mastery: Master of Beasts' effects have been increased by 12.5%.

lots of mastery in that statement too :P

Is it enough though, I wonder.

oh baby that Cmode buff

I'm pumped

Thats all I was thinking aswell, rather nice buff for CMs. Id like to see how it effects PVE but im gonna assume BM will still be the worst raiding spec for most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertual View Post
    Thats all I was thinking aswell, rather nice buff for CMs. Id like to see how it effects PVE but im gonna assume BM will still be the worst raiding spec for most fights.
    Yeah it's a pretty small buff but nice considering you'd be playing BM for CMs anyways

It may be enough to make BM be the clear winner in AoE fights.

So... Is that 16*1.125 = 18% more, or is that 16% + 12.5% = 28.5% more? Wording kind of not making it clear to me (although I've been awake all night, so I might just be hazy). If it's 12.5% on top of the base 16%, on a single target, that'd be a ~4% buff, putting BM singletarget right below MM, neck and neck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So... Is that 16*1.125 = 18% more, or is that 16% + 12.5% = 28.5% more? Wording kind of not making it clear to me (although I've been awake all night, so I might just be hazy). If it's 12.5% on top of the base 16%, on a single target, that'd be a ~4% buff, putting BM singletarget right below MM, neck and neck.
    after reading other classes comments on similar worded changes, it looks like you get 12.5% more mastery per point

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    after reading other classes comments on similar worded changes, it looks like you get 12.5% more mastery per point
    that seems to be the most obvious way of understanding it.
    i.e. not to huge a buff.
    but yeah, I find it weird they buff BM's secondary mastery that is decent, where SV has a really crappy one (undertuned by like 50%....)

Deleted
    will make cmode carrys easier.

good buff for aoe.

Not enough. Remember they are nerfing CE. Demo locks were comparable to BM and got buffed 33% Compared to BMs 4-6% buff.
    Last edited by Drkmalice; 2015-01-14 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    Not enough. Remember they are nerfing CE. Demo locks were comparable to BM and got buffed 33% Compared to BMs 4-6% buff plus CE nerf (upcoming).
    What CE nerf? You mean adaptation's combat experience? that was nerfed to 70% from 85% over 2 months ago, they are just updating the tooltip in 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    Not enough. Remember they are nerfing CE. Demo locks were comparable to BM and got buffed 33% Compared to BMs 4-6% buff plus CE nerf (upcoming).
    CE? Do you mean combat experience going from 85->70%? Because that's been live in forever now (first week of WOD). It's a tooltip fix. Basicly, assume everything that was datamined from PTR that isn't literally a mechanic change (such as priests' new Mind sear: Insanity ability) is a tooltip change.

Will this change the stat prio at all, or will it just be the same?

Almost tempted to re-sub...

Don't forget the haste buff...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Don't forget the haste buff...
    yeah a lot of people are forgetting that on all specs. It really is a dps gain for every spec (and really awesome that my prot pally/holy is my alt :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    yeah a lot of people are forgetting that on all specs. It really is a dps gain for every spec (and really awesome that my prot pally/holy is my alt :P)
    a lot of classes/specs wont really benefit from that buff as much as others. like for example survival the haste buff is shit and compared to say combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    a lot of classes/specs wont really benefit from that buff as much as others. like for example survival the haste buff is shit and compared to say combat.
    11% is still effective though, free stats isn't really crap when its bringing our gcd down a little and the cast time of FS down. Both very effective even if it is not our best stat, nor effective to stack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    11% is still effective though, free stats isn't really crap when its bringing our gcd down a little and the cast time of FS down. Both very effective even if it is not our best stat, nor effective to stack.
    I think you're overestimating how much more haste this is actually going to give you. you're not going to get 11% haste, if you have 500 haste, you're only going to get ~0.5% more haste which is almost negligible for some of the specs in this game including survival. Also haste doesnt reduce hunter gcds.
    Last edited by mmocbbccd2592f; 2015-01-13 at 06:00 PM.