Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you notice certain times on the clock?

Forgive me if this sounds petty, but lately I've been noticing certain times on the clock, constantly. Things where the first two numbers added up equal the last (Such as 3:47) or things like 4:32 (counting down). Even things like 9:11, which obviously has a meaning but why notice that specific time?

Its like every single time I look at the clock, the number sticks out to me. I just looked as I'm posting this and its 2:36. 2 times 3? 6!

Does anyone else notice weird things on the clock such as this, or am I just slowly losing my mind?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes my Dad liked to point out. It's 1:11 or something like that. So you aren't going crazy. When Dad points it out I giggle. Silly and dumb but it's one of those dumb things you just smile at.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I always notice when its 13:37.

Four Twenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sometimes my Dad liked to point out. It's 1:11 or something like that. So you aren't going crazy. When Dad points it out I giggle. Silly and dumb but it's one of those dumb things you just smile at.
    See, I notice things like that. When all the numbers are the same. I always make a wish when I see that <.< (As an aside, I'm a grown ass man)
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    13:37 almost every day, it´s a curse i think
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    1:01

It's lol o'clock
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    its somehow always the 13:37
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, this exact same thing happens with me, but with 12:34. It was really, REALLY bad a few months ago where I would always notice it, but now I only sometimes notice it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    11:11, 4:20, 5:55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Weird, this exact same thing happens with me, but with 12:34. It was really, REALLY bad a few months ago where I would always notice it, but now I only sometimes notice it.
    Yeah, its like every time I look at the clock its something that add/multiplies/is in a row.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Open up a magazine and look for a watch advert... the time will be 10 after 10 (or sometimes 9 after 10) on the clock face... now every time you see a watch advert (that is analogue), you'll notice it!

Deleted
    *beep beep beep* 4:30, off to work.

How is any of that weird or even a surprise? It should be well known by now that our brains our rigged to detect and recognize patterns and as such incidents like these are quite common.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the last two digits are a prime..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    How is any of that weird or even a surprise? It should be well known by now that our brains our rigged to detect and recognize patterns and as such incidents like these are quite common.
    Yeah, but some people see different patterns

Every day there are a few different times I always look at the clock at the same time, oddly enough one certain time is the time something took place in overseas when I was in the Military.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Forgive me if this sounds petty, but lately I've been noticing certain times on the clock, constantly. Things where the first two numbers added up equal the last (Such as 3:47) or things like 4:32 (counting down). Even things like 9:11, which obviously has a meaning but why notice that specific time?

Its like every single time I look at the clock, the number sticks out to me. I just looked as I'm posting this and its 2:36. 2 times 3? 6!

Does anyone else notice weird things on the clock such as this, or am I just slowly losing my mind?
    What about the times you look at a clock at other times and not these specific times. People tend to focus on certain patterns, then you'll start to find them everywhere because subconsciously you are looking for those numbers but ignore the rest.
    Last edited by Dezx; 2015-01-13 at 09:09 AM.

I notice 16.00 or 20.00. Those are usually the times my workday is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    13:37 almost every day, it´s a curse i think
    this pretty much

Deleted
    Combination of confirmation bias, where you notice things that fit with your 'thing' - whatever that is (If you expect it to say 11:11 then you'll notice the times that it DOES say 11:11 more than others.), and the Von Restorff effect, where you notice unusual things more than ordinary things. When it's 11:11 or 22:22 or 12:34 you notice it more than when it's 17:13