Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PUG'ers, what is your progress in Highmaul?

Like me, there are plenty of players who do not have the time/do not want to raid with a guild, but nevertheless like to raid. For them, there is only one option: To venture into a dark, twisted world, where iLvl and curve are king, idiot leaders roam freely and ninja looters are lurking in the shadows. However, hidden amongst the chaos, sometimes you find decent players who know their class and actually seem to have a brain.

I am asking you, my fellow adventurers, what is your experience pugging through the ogre kingdom, and what is your current progress?

At the start of the expansion pugging was a pain; everyone had low gear which we had to work with, a lot of people did not know what to do and thus finding a decent group was hard. I didn't come very far the first 2 weeks, but that improved after I got some gear, and being a hunter who are always wanted. I got into some decent groups and was able to finish normal pretty quickly, after which I was able to grap a good heroic group after the holidays which got me to 6/7 heroic. I have yet to kill Heroic Imperator. Came close several times, but the biggest problem is people leaving after 4 to 6 wipes even though we are getting close to a kill and the good groups all requiring curve.

The most funny things (actually some are not funny but rather sad) I encountered during my pugs was a 15k dps mage who was the leader of a heroic imperator group (we failed), a master looter who ninja'd a ring and Scales of Doom on heroic Butcher, several hunters who clamed how to know to swap on Butcher but once we start the fight clearly have no idea and a group consisting 2 tanks, 13 healers and 15 dps on hc imperator. We actually came very close but even that amount of healers can't keep the group alive when they step on mines in phase 4.

TLDR: How is your experience with pugging in Highmaul and what is your progress?

7/7 normal with no greater experience in the current raid 'cept for clearing up to tectus on the very first week, then not raiding until two days ago.

I exclusively go for groups that require teamspeak. They more often than not do well.

7/7 Heroic, did 6/7 in one night, hopped to a 660+ group requiring achieves for heroic imp, got it in 3 pulls.
    This was my first time seriously pugging heroic, because I figured it would be more painful.

I'd pug at least mythic Bladefist but no xrealm raiding so, yeah.
    Last edited by VirunusWRA; 2015-01-13 at 09:25 AM.

7/7 normal 7/7 hc 1/7 mythic

I got into my first pug yesterday on Koragh on my newly leveled alt and had to tank. They wanted me to pick up adds so I was like sure. I'm a monk and I wasn't sure how pugs did it, and being that my gear wasn't the best, I decided to just kite the adds the entire time till the boss became active again and dragged them all into the silence field to stun so we could blow them up. The adds didn't die for the longest time however and so I died, though shit was already hitting the fan at this point.

The other tank in the group, who I guess was co-lead starts blaming me for the wipe, saying that I should have tanked them a certain way that I guess his pugs do. I tried to reason with him about why I died and it had nothing to do with kiting, but he was just yelling and screaming the entire time about how bad I was for deciding to kite the adds and seeing something he hadn't seen done before and making shit up like how me kiting meant the adds were hitting me in the back the entire time or some stupid shit. Ignoring the fact that I died only after the raid was wiping at that point, I'm not exactly sure why he was so upset at me for kiting adds.

I proceeded to get kicked shortly after. For reference I have already killed Mythic Koragh, so yeah...

I'm 1/7 pugging normal but I haven't really made a serious attempt to pug flex yet. Stuff like that is pretty dumb though. People who have no idea what is going on talking out of their asses pretending like they do and failing to see the reasons for wiping. It's no wonder most pugs are awful.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2015-01-13 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    am 3/7mythic on my main with guild raid, and 7/7normal on my furthest alts, which only PUG.

unfortunately xp actually counts for shit and people only care for ilvl D:

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    6/7 Normal, 4/7 heroic. Found some good pugs though, I just don't have the time to commit to progressing further. I do what's quick and easy and that's about it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    am 3/7mythic on my main with guild raid, and 7/7normal on my furthest alts, which only PUG.

unfortunately xp actually counts for shit and people only care for ilvl D:
    Hm, I stated I now had 6 games worth of raiding experience( although I was a shit tank in pre-bc) and got in immediately, despite my Ilvl being lower than the requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I'm 1/7 pugging normal but I haven't really made a serious attempt to pug flex yet. Stuff like that is pretty dumb though. People who have no idea what is going on talking out of their asses pretending like they do and failing to see the reasons for wiping. It's no wonder most pugs are awful.
    I feel with you, there are loads of people who don't fully understand the encounters.

1/10 of the groups are actually good.
    2/10 of the groups are decent.
    3/10 of the groups are somewhat decent but have some underperforming people (dps/healing/tank wise or mechanic wise) or the leader is an idiot.
    4/10 of the groups are a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Hm, I stated I now had 6 games worth of raiding experience( although I was a shit tank in pre-bc) and got in immediately, despite my Ilvl being lower than the requirement.
    It really depends on your role, being a tank or healer can get in you with low ilvl or experience. Being a dps however, they have so much to choose from they will only pick the higher Ilvl's. Being a hunter I am quit lucky since people want them for doing all kind of jobs, but being dps with average item level and not a particular OP class will have a hard time finding a group.

Deleted
    7/7 nm 6/7 HC

Deleted
    7/7 heroic.

It's not been an easy journey though. Lots of group hopping to find a good mix of inviduals week in, week out. But it's been great to do it all in daytime hours on weekends rather than committing to a 3 or 4 nights per week raiding guild.

Deleted
    I am actually part of a raiding guild atm but due to the nature of my work its very difficult for me to commit to raiding times. So ive pugged groups and im actually 7/7 norm and 7/7 HC 667 ilvl.

The experience has been quite hectic only a handful of good groups completing a whole run of the instance and groups falling apart on trash mobs. But tbh with the right groups it hasnt been to hard to get the Ahead of the curve achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    TLDR: How is your experience with pugging in Highmaul and what is your progress?
    7/7HC in one 3 hour pug at the new year.

7/7N, 5/7H. Having great difficulty finding a Ko or Imp group that doesn't require ilvl 660+ or AOTC achieves.

Deleted
    Me and a couple of friends are in a guild that only started raiding this week, so prior to starting guild-raiding we pugged 7/7 N, 7/7HC and 1/7 Mythic (last one just this sunday!).

As a whole we've had quite a few good pugs, which is also reflected in our good pugging progress, we've also had our fair share of failgroups and horrible raid-leaders I'm afraid. But it's all part of the experience, and I've had quite a bit of fun raiding already, and healing pugs is an experience to say the least!

5/7 Normal once, but I only tried Normal twice at the very release of HM when most PuGs couldn't do Normal Tectus and then this one 5/7 run .. that was enough for me, can't even be bothered with LFR nowadays

Deleted
    I pugged mythic twins yesterday. Everything is possible with the right group. :-)

Deleted
    7/7norm+7/7hc+1/7myth

I don't think being the one that is the only none guildy in the group is considered pugging the place, which most of these 7/7 whatevers seem to be. I haven't done a pug raid since the whole flex thing was put in, my first run was ok then the second made me never want that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post

It really depends on your role, being a tank or healer can get in you with low ilvl or experience. Being a dps however, they have so much to choose from they will only pick the higher Ilvl's. Being a hunter I am quit lucky since people want them for doing all kind of jobs, but being dps with average item level and not a particular OP class will have a hard time finding a group.
    In my case, I'm an ele shaman. It's just important to prove that you're better than the others.