Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't understand why people want pvp/pve set bonuses disabled in their counterparts? Set bonuses - particularly pvp set bonuses should simply be better designed to make them desirable in pvp yet mediocre in PVE. The current 2 set monk pvp bonus is generally poor for pvp whilst wonderfully revisited mop era pace and was quite beneficial for pve.

Would happily see chi torpedo removed as a talent and the 2 set pvp bonus take its place haha. Also chi torpedo did not mesh well with the bonus as the extra travel distance would mess up the positioning despite roll jumping.

People want them disabled because some people don't like having to PVP for the best PVE gear, or vice-versa. Think about the outcry when the legendary quest line last expansion required people to win two whole battlegrounds. Some people just dislike the other aspect of the game, which is perfectly fair. Prior to trying to acquire the 2pc I hadn't stepped into an arena since early Cataclysm since I have no interest in it.

It's my understanding (I've seen it mentioned a few times, possibly in the other thread?) that PVE set bonuses are now disabled in instanced PVP too. I don't know if that's really the case since obviously the PVE set isn't acquirable yet, but it makes sense seeing as the PVE bonuses change tier-to-tier so there would always be balancing concerns as far as PVP is concerned. The PVP ones are more static, unless they're changing that model going forward. The easiest way to balance it is to apply the same change in the other direction - disable PVP bonuses in PVE content. Then as others have said you can use the PVP set bonuses to help balance the huge issues facing certain specs in PVP while avoiding the whole "We don't want ability X to do one thing in PVE and another thing in PVP" situation that they keep parroting.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I don't understand why people want pvp/pve set bonuses disabled in their counterparts? Set bonuses - particularly pvp set bonuses should simply be better designed to make them desirable in pvp yet mediocre in PVE. The current 2 set monk pvp bonus is generally poor for pvp whilst wonderfully revisited mop era pace and was quite beneficial for pve.

Would happily see chi torpedo removed as a talent and the 2 set pvp bonus take its place haha. Also chi torpedo did not mesh well with the bonus as the extra travel distance would mess up the positioning despite roll jumping.
    That's actually a neat idea. Would be more useful than Chi Torpedo, that's for sure. And of course the bonuses should be better designed, but as long as Blizzard makes dumb shit like the 2P, I'd rather they just disable them in the opposite "part" of the game. I'd rather not PvP to do better in PvE, and I'd also prefer if PvP bonuses didn't distort PvE performance, because Blizzard might just straight up nerf specs instead of disabling bonuses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Please move discussion to the thread already existing to discuss the two-piece changes. Thanks.