Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Gnomes are soo sadn now... Poor gnomes.

Since 6.0.0, gnomes look depressive, they always look so sad and serious...
    A gnome cannot be that serious, a gnome likes fun ! Life is a very interesting gimick for them and they should enjoy playing with it !
    And this last version is not better...

Please, give us our playfull gnomes, the ones that were always on the verge of bursting out of laugh !

the only good gnome is a punted gnome

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the only good gnome is a punted gnome
    Don't forget the roasted Gnomes, or the fried Gnomes, oh broiled Gnomes are good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Don't forget the roasted Gnomes, or the fried Gnomes, oh broiled Gnomes are good as well.
    Only to a pig. Oh wait, orcs are pigs... carry on.

I'm gonna light you up sweet cheeks
    Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

You are bound to me, demon.

TWITTER: @KunamiMata / FACEBOOK: kunamimata / TUMBLR: kibbleandbit

I love gnomes, if they're fresh then lightly fried with butter, salt N pepper. If they're old and tough, the slow roasted or sous vide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing sad about this lil' Firecracker. She's a tiny bundle of I'm gonna kick your butt sweet cheeks.
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

Deleted
    She is still too sad or at least far too serious.
    The original was not that preoccupied by life...

Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2015-01-14 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    Since 6.0.0, gnomes look depressive, they always look so sad and serious...
    A gnome cannot be that serious, a gnome likes fun ! Life is a very interesting gimick for them and they should enjoy playing with it !
    And this last version is not better...

Please, give us our playfull gnomes, the ones that were always on the verge of bursting out of laugh !
    An all gnome guild complained about the female gnome smiling faces so blizzard removed them. I am still pissed and my gnomes are benched forever
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Gnomes = master race!

But yeah it would be lovely if they ever add that smiling face, my monk will be über cute then ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    She is still too sad or at least far too serious.
    The original was not that preoccupied by life...

The Original for that face was more angry, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaev View Post
    Nothing sad about this lil' Firecracker. She's a tiny bundle of I'm gonna kick your butt sweet cheeks.
    by butt you mean ankles?

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    The Original for that face was more angry, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    That is not the original face.

They ruined Gnomes.

They are sad, serious and angry now after a decade of being the happy fun race.

Dunno WTF Blizz was thinking but w/e. I am just glad my main for the last 10 years wasn't a Gnome, I would be livid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    That is not the original face.

They ruined Gnomes.

They are sad, serious and angry now after a decade of being the happy fun race.

Dunno WTF Blizz was thinking but w/e. I am just glad my main for the last 10 years wasn't a Gnome, I would be livid.
    Ugh I'm so sick of seeing this.

Gnomes were NOT this smiley happy collection of happy faces. The first genuinely 'smiling' gnome was the Blizzcon new Gnome model reveal, and suddenly that became the Happy Gnome Poster Child to people like you. Here, look.

Note the original gnome model on the left is not some smiley-faced bundle of happy-happy joy-joy. If anything she looks angrier than the new model.

And listen, I love gnomes, they are by far my favorite race. If I had my way the other races would be deleted and I'd be playing World of Gnomecraft. But I'm tired of this 'they ruined gnomes, they turned happy smiles into sad-faced frowns' nonsense.

For the record, I would love them to add an extra face with a distinct smile, for both the sake of increased variety and to appease people who want them.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2015-01-14 at 09:13 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Note the original gnome model on the left is not some smiley-faced bundle of happy-happy joy-joy.
    The original one does look more cheerful imo.

Can't help but notice there is a HUGE difference in the way that armor looks, is this why they take so long?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely LOVE my gnomes! I just wish that they were on Horde side too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    The original one does look more cheerful imo.

Can't help but notice there is a HUGE difference in the way that armor looks, is this why they take so long?
    It looks different because the new models are made of substantially more polygons, I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that there is more detail in one hand of the new gnome than in the entire body (head, hair and all) of the old one.

Because the new models have different UV mapping (which tells a texture how to wrap around, or otherwise apply to a 3d mesh) than the originals, the armor/clothes sometimes look different on them. In some cases like the gnomes, its an improvement (imo)... on human females, however, its a bit weird in places (chest).

However, the reason they took so long is Blizz tried (despite what some would have you believe) very hard to keep the new models similar to the old ones, but with greatly increased detail. They scrapped some of them and started over, several times, to get a better result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Eyerings got removed in PTR, now tehy no longer look like Grannies. Grate!
    The 'old gnome' faces still have them, but the ones that are clearly young gnomes (like the one I've been posting screens of) don't.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2015-01-14 at 09:27 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they made the male models. Suddenly he's old and wrinkly and tries his hardest to force that sad smile of his.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post

I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they made the male models. Suddenly he's old and wrinkly and tries his hardest to force that sad smile of his.