Smokers AA thread.

I am 33 years old. I smoke since I am 25. I made call i gonna quit smoking in 2015. Cigarette free week so far. Who's with me?

Deleted
    What is a Smokers AA?

Gave up tobacco a few years ago, hardest thing I've ever done. Glad I did though, waste of money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    what does the AA stand for?

Anonimous Anti Aliasing Tobacco Duke Nukems?

Quitting smoking is a good idea but why do you want people to be with you? Quit for yourself and let other people do what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Smoker's Alcoholics Anonymous: Hey guys. My name is Blue and I can finally admit that I'm an addict. *everyone claps*

Deleted
    i am addicted to not smoking, does that count.

i haven't touched a cigarette in 22 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    Quitting smoking is a good idea but why do you want people to be with you? Quit for yourself and let other people do what they want.
    Cause its well known that its much easier to quit something when u have some support, not to mention im sure there are lots of people that want to quit but are just looking for a nudge this could be that nudge. i think its a good idea, i dont even know why u posted here if you were just going to be negative and clueless.

I quit smoking the day WoD came out (not exactly related to the launch of it, I just ran out and decided that day not to go get more). That means coming up on 9 weeks now. It helps my wife and I found out that's how far along our baby is, too, which is making it considerably easier to stay quit. Also smoking for about 9-10 years, and didn't use anything to quit.
    Last edited by procyan; 2015-01-13 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itzdish30 View Post
    Cause its well known that its much easier to quit something when u have some support, not to mention im sure there are lots of people that want to quit but are just looking for a nudge this could be that nudge. i think its a good idea, i dont even know why u posted here if you were just going to be negative and clueless.
    Explain to me how it was negative. I asked a question. I told them they could do it without needing others. That isn't negative just because you didn't understand what I was saying.

Also, yes it is easier to quit when supported by others. That does not always mean that they have to do the exact same thing as you though. I can support a friend who wants to be vegetarian without giving up meat myself.
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit last February, had smoked about 3 years. Now it's marijuana only.

Smoked from the age of 18 to the age of 28

Then I used a combination of an e-cigarette and nicotine lozenges. This allowed me to separate the nicotine addiction from the habitual behavior.

I was addicted to the lozenges for about 3 years but managed to kick them recently.