Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. The Republicans need to get out of this mindset that they always need to put up a moderate. It failed the last 3 times. The base doesnt want a rino in office so they dont vote

I don't vote, voting for the lesser of two evils is dumb and anyone who would be ideal wouldn't stand a chance.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Hell no. The Republicans need to get out of this mindset that they always need to put up a moderate. It failed the last 3 times. The base doesnt want a rino in office so they dont vote
    "I know guys, the American people just keeps hating our party more, the answer is to go even MORE right!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Obama and Bill Clinton are moderate democrats too. More extreme candidates may do better in primaries but they have a harder time winning general elections. Perhaps a more centerist republican would have a better shot than a moderate candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I don't vote, voting for the lesser of two evils is dumb and anyone who would be ideal wouldn't stand a chance.
    Not voting means not voting for local and state elections and primaries too, which have considerably more impact than the national one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "I know guys, the American people just keeps hating our party more, the answer is to go even MORE right!"
    We'll at least get a few votes. Fuck the reality of politics, amirite?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Not who I want on the Republican ticket, but I didn't want him as candidate in 2008 or 2012 either

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me how Romney is even concidered as an option? Am an European so I am somewhat ignorant about the politics behind it but all the mainstream news about the passed election that crossed the oceaan have characterized him as a somewhat religious nut and a rich snob who kept saying stupid things. Which media will most likely do again, and to be quite frank elections in general seem to be more about media perspecitve than actual legislation, there most certainly have to be a better candidate?

Right now I would actually vote for Jeb over Romney. More moderate in social issues and I figure that now way can we have two, tool, Bush's. As much as I think G.W. was the worst of the worst. I have confidence in Jeb.

Eh, could be worse. Could be McCain again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would vote for him over Hillary, but then again they're both politicians so neither will get a vote from me. Even if I am closer to their tax bracket than the average American i still think every last one of them is a complete jackass. Neither is any good.

I love this philosophy, since American is pretty much split down the middle and the strategy is to become more "extreme" to you side. The hardcore, right Republicans are going to vote for their party no matter who the Dems put up again because of party loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I love this philosophy, since American is pretty much split down the middle and the strategy is to become more "extreme" to you side. The hardcore, right Republicans are going to vote for their party no matter who the Dems put up again because of party loyalty.
    Hell, Obama is further right than Reagan was. But apparently going even further RIGHT is the answer.

Anyway, I'm curious, why do you have confidence in Jeb?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    That is definitely not true. Many of conservative base will stay home or throw away their vote rather than vote for a RINO.

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    That is definitely not true. Many of conservative base will stay home or throw away their vote rather than vote for a RINO.
    No. No they don't. And, you lose the largest voter base in the country, which is undecideds.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Hell, Obama is further right than Reagan was. But apparently going even further RIGHT is the answer.

Anyway, I'm curious, why do you have confidence in Jeb?
    You do know your left from your right, don't you? Assuming you are at least somewhat coherent at the moment.

You do know your left from your right, don't you? Assuming you are at least somewhat coherent at the moment.
    I do, actually. You, however, are clearly in the 'echo chamber' that is trying to drag this country from its actual roots, further and further to the right, away from its roots.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Other than ACA, Obama has been no different than W on anything important. It's not really difficult to understand.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

No. No they don't. And, you lose the largest voter base in the country, which is undecideds.
    As a conservative that runs in conservative circles I can tell you that if Jeb is the nominee, real conservatives will stay home or vote 3rd party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Other than ACA, Obama has been no different than W on anything important. It's not really difficult to understand.
    I'd like to forget GW's last year. I liked him up until TARP, bail-outs.

- - - Updated - - -

I do, actually. You, however, are clearly in the 'echo chamber' that is trying to drag this country from its actual roots, further and further to the right, away from its roots.

Would that be it's limited government roots?

As a conservative that runs in conservative circles I can tell you that if Jeb is the nominee, real conservatives will stay home or vote 3rd party.
    Yup, the declining conservative base is going to stay home if the conservative candidate tries to be in any way, shape, or form, palatable to the middle.

Good luck there.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    The base isn't big enough to win national elections anymore. Good luck winning with an extreme rightist.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!