Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He should probably not even let his kid on the internet.
    You put 3 very ignorant and insulting posts in this thread already..... I am wondering if you should be on the internet.

My daughter doesn't even know I posted this. I am just trying to get ideas to offer as suggestions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    You put 3 very ignorant and insulting posts in this thread already..... I am wondering if you should be on the internet.

My daughter doesn't even know I posted this. I am just trying to get ideas to offer as suggestions.
    What was insulting or ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No disrespect intended, but what does podcasting have to do with writing? A blog would make much more sense if its writing she's interested in.
    She writes a ton already. But colleges look to find well rounded people.... An writers are usually big readers too. She is just wanting to expand her abilities. The way I see it, it all works together in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Keep it away from 4chan, this just happened to someone else podcasting about books recently. People love to hate, and start ups are always an easy target. 13 is kinda young so hopefully the comment section wouldn't be too terrible.

possibly NSFW/Not Safe for Life

http://i.imgur.com/bpZEHOV.jpg
    Omg. L. O. L.

And OP you should probably just sign her up for the basketball team or make her study hard if you care about her being well rounded or care what the college thinks. I mean. I think 200 extra points in the SAT > some blog. But what do I know..

Garlic,

I think its great that your daughter wants to branch out and try new things. In my opinion the blog/podcast combo is a great idea. I'd recommend something like Squarespace to host it all on, she can easily learn how to add posts and edit the site. I'd turn off comments on the site though. Maybe only allow her to do her social interaction on Facebook or something. That way you can see who's responding and they won't be as anonymous. As for the name, if she is going to be a writer it might be a good exercise for her to pick the name herself. Maybe have her spend a hour writing down any name that comes to mind and she'll have a pretty big list at the end of it. I wish her the best of luck and I think its awesome that your supporting her with it.

Deleted
    What was insulting or ignorant?
    Wild guess.
    50 Shades of Bait
    13-year-olds know shit.
    OT : Hope she does have a blog, as others have asked. This might be the single most important place to start for that kind of stuff - will also be nice to have on her resume. The podcast is not a bad idea, just be sure that she doesn't go overboard with it.
    As for a name, I have no clue but I think it should come from her and depends so much on what she's going to talk about it, how, what she likes etc. Of course you may want to have a say in it, she's 13 after all
    GL !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    Wild guess.

OT : Hope she does have a blog, as others have asked. This might be the single most important place to start for that kind of stuff - will also be nice to have on her resume. The podcast is not a bad idea, just be sure that she doesn't go overboard with it.
    As for a name, I have no clue but I think it should come from her and depends so much on what she's going to talk about it, how, what she likes etc. Of course you may want to have a say in it, she's 13 after all
    GL !
    How is either of that insulting? One is a joke, the other one is just the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Came here expecting something, mmo posters didn't disappoint.

My previous post stands, but I think it could be a fun hobby that promotes a number of things: critical thinking, expressing her opinions clearly, public speaking, criticism AND learning the technology itself. Not to mention the reading that goes with it all.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-01-14 at 07:21 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    How is either of that insulting? One is a joke, the other one is just the truth.
    I am pretty sure I can do both in a very insulting manner, especially the truth.
    It's not very insulting, still it would be insulting of me the think even a single second that you didn't know what he and I mean.

Now this is not the thread to talk about political correctness and I'm sure no one cares anyway, so let's move on

Deleted
    I am pretty sure I can do both in a very insulting manner, especially the truth.
    It's not very insulting, still it would be insulting of me the think even a single second that you didn't know what he and I mean.
    Now this is not the thread to talk about political correctness and I'm sure no one cares anyway, so let's move on
    I didn't expect someone to take it as an insult that 13-year-olds know shit. Every parent of a 13-year-old should know that.

Deleted
    I didn't expect someone to take it as an insult that 13-year-olds know shit. Every parent of a 13-year-old should know that.
    And if you happen to look ugly I probably wouldn't say that you're an ugly piece of shit. Y'know, words.
    But I guess the point keeps passing over your head so I won't insist.

Deleted
    And if you happen to look ugly I probably wouldn't say that you're an ugly piece of shit. Y'know, words.
    But I guess the point keeps passing over your head so I won't insist.
    There are miles between saying that kids are stupid and directly saying to someone's face that he is ugly. Besides whether someone is ugly or not could be seen as subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    She writes a ton already. But colleges look to find well rounded people.... An writers are usually big readers too. She is just wanting to expand her abilities. The way I see it, it all works together in a good way.
    No one likes an over achiever

- - - Updated - - -

Wild guess.

GL !
    She is 13 she has no idea about anything. This is a great way to make a narcissistic beat
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2015-01-14 at 06:29 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

haha bro thats funny because My daughter wants to start podcasting.... need a name for it.
    She is 13 and wants to start a podcast about books for teens.

Her logic was - since she wants to be a writer - that if she does it long enough, and gets enough notice, it will help her when she applies to colleges. So, she wants a "cool" name for it..... I thought Teen Book Talk would be perfect, but she doesn't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you throw your daughter to the wolves at such a young age?

Deleted
    books
    cool
    21st century

good luck man, good luck. i like the podcasting idea, i would never listen to it because 13 year old and because books, i think if this thread is already too much for you then maybe the internet will make you sad, i wouldn't go for cool but for catchy (like Listen Up! or some shit).

13 is not old enough to have that kind of responsibility. Let her write things and get some experience before she starts on throwing herself out into the wolf pit.

Be a responsible parent... -.-.

Deleted
    "First Person" (cause like, lots of books are written from that perspective? And she's young and small and so is the number 1 in 1st and also there is just one of her for now, and she is a person)

On the offchance your daughter is called Paige, "Turn the Paige" because pages like a book, and paige, and that's funny.

Uhhhh... "Readdit" (cause reddit is a thing on the internet, and so is your daughters podcast. You could even promote it on reddit?)

uhhhhh shit no i'm out