7+ Year Old Account

Minecraft themed kids room

I was at work last night and thinking about both of my nephew who are very into Minecraft and have been for at least a year. I have recently just started and became very hooked even though I'm only playing on console. It gave me the idea to come up with a room design for them since they are hooked. I will upload the pics I drew out later, I think they are on my phone.

1. The walls are painted into cubed, in my drawing there is a top layer of grass/dirt, then two levels of cobblestone, and lava at the bottom. There are a few random mineral blocks throughout and on the redstone, there will be red LED lights. On one wall water will run down between cobblestone and make Obsidian on the bottom layer.
    2. The ceiling will be a night to day mural, allowing me to draw out all the monsters on the wall of the night side.
    3. I think carpet will be some color close to bedrock.
    4. Nightlights will be torches, and hopeful I can make some toy chest to look like chests from the game.
    5. I think the desk where they do their homework will be painted like a crafting table.

Any other ideas?
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

How about ceiling light with a light cover that resembles a glowstone block?

And of course the bed should be rather plain, and have white sheets and a red blanket.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make blocks that can be used as chairs(and/or table) but look like some minecraft blocks.

Deleted
    This sounds amazing, please do post pics!

Maybe some of the decorations they have at thinkgeek?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Make blocks that can be used as chairs(and/or table) but look like some minecraft blocks.
    Ottomans!

- - - Updated - - -

This is a great way to do a small desk