Looking for some opinions

Mainly from people who have played since launch, how do you feel about the game both at launch and now? i played at launch and tbh it was missing a ton of things. Once you had the gear and raiding coil you basically had nothing to do outside of materia farming and playing the market.

Now with the new trailor it seems like they are putting out tons of content and faster than most (if not all) other games out. Do you guys find yourselves with not a lot to do now a days?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on break by choice right now and am a "casual" player(if you consider 6-8+ hours everyday casual) ij that I don't ruj coils often(FC issues early on) but yeah i wouod say there is alot to do.

We have the CT/st raid series

We have the crafting

Alt classes

Hunts

Challenge log

Beast Tribe dailies

The Hildebrand side quests if not done them

And more tbh man this game has a crazy amount to do.

They add stuff each patch to do other than raiding -which actually reminds me to go check out my garden -but theres constantly been additions for people that dont want to raid. I've been playing since launch and still not done everything, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Mainly from people who have played since launch, how do you feel about the game both at launch and now? i played at launch and tbh it was missing a ton of things. Once you had the gear and raiding coil you basically had nothing to do outside of materia farming and playing the market.

Now with the new trailor it seems like they are putting out tons of content and faster than most (if not all) other games out. Do you guys find yourselves with not a lot to do now a days?
    Isn't that how nearly every MMO in existence started? Launch with relatively few features and content. Rapidly add those features and that content cause it was all already in production, just not quite ready for launch. Add stuff add stuff add stuff until expansion. By the time you get to first expansion, all your major features are in and there is not much more to add. You expand them all with the expansion of course, and then keep adding content.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Coil raiding (the more serious peeps)
    - Crystal Tower (24man LFR tourist mode raid)
    - crafting (since crafting in FF is almost their own classes)
    - Gardening
    - Trials (single boss fights, Leviathan, Ramuh, Shiva etc)
    - fun, non main story related, with no reward, quests, purely for fun (Hilderbrand, Moogle post, altho they won't last you long)
    - Beastmen tribe
    - Hunt (although it is pretty much dead now)

Soon:
    - GOLDEN SAUCER!!!!!! I am hoping for lots of mini games to keep people entertained.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has played since launch, there is very little for me to do, but only because I've played it so long. If you stopped at patch 2.0 or 2.1 you will almost certainly be overwhelmed by all the changes since.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Isn't that how nearly every MMO in existence started? Launch with relatively few features and content. Rapidly add those features and that content cause it was all already in production, just not quite ready for launch. Add stuff add stuff add stuff until expansion. By the time you get to first expansion, all your major features are in and there is not much more to add. You expand them all with the expansion of course, and then keep adding content.
    Pretty much my point. At launch they had coil T1-5 ... we did that. Then they release the raid that should have been before that (lolwut?) with very little else to do. So yea burn out and lost most of our people. Now they seem to be on the right track.

Thats what I was looking for was is there enough content now to even keep most hardcore raiders busy

Thats what I was looking for was is there enough content now to even keep most hardcore raiders busy
    That is impossible. You will never keep the most hardcore busy. It is simply not possible to produce content as fast as it can be played.

I've played since launch on and off. I take a break every now and again and the amount of content to do since I came back is amazing. I'm levelling a ninja now as I enjoy levelling in this game.

I also have hildibrand and Shiva to do as well as the beast tribe dailies. Far more enjoyable stuff to do in ff14 than WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    The most hardcore already cleared Final Coil, and next patch is Tourist Tower so they might do it once or twice for the hell of it.

There are Odin fight coming out next patch but the hardcore will clear it on first day.

After that it will be expansion before more hardcore contents.

At least it isn't a 18 months wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much my point. At launch they had coil T1-5 ... we did that. Then they release the raid that should have been before that (lolwut?) with very little else to do. So yea burn out and lost most of our people. Now they seem to be on the right track.

Welll theer are now 13 turns in coil sooo yeah..also the savage odes(essentially untuned versions of the fights)

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That is impossible. You will never keep the most hardcore busy. It is simply not possible to produce content as fast as it can be played.
    I know. This is very true. What I meant was more to the point of, are there things to do outside of raiding that are worth it?

Seems like there are now with hunts, challenge logs, etc at the least you can make money and work on reps etc. When the game launched there was literally nothing other than coil and crafting.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Starting the game back up, leveling from scratch with a friend.

I just focus on ninja and 1-2 crafting and I'm in a small RL friends/family Free Company. I don't do "real" raiding in Binding Coil of Bahamut, though.

Personally? There's more to do than I can keep up with if I was trying to keep crafting maximized as well as gear and raiding. My friend has severe alt-itis, but even he's fallen back on that. He started the game with 4 alts. Now he can barely keep a 2nd one caught up with MSQ let alone gear them.

I'm pretty happy with what I can do casually and still have some time to juggle other games, but if I wanted to, yeah, there's still a TON I could be doing in this game.