Heroic Imperator Kill Vid (Shadow Pov)

Hey, Just made a vid for our Heroic Imperator Kill check it out if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDMWQ0d6saM

Edit: Edited out the recruitment
    Last edited by Azshira; 2015-01-14 at 11:07 PM.

Not gonna lie, your rotation makes me sad. Everytime you casted insanity instead of mind blast I cringed and died a little inside(you probably missed upwards of 12 mind blasts). Also, pretty sure that halo was available for use for 75% of that fight and it just sat there sad, alone, and neglected.

Nice job killing it though. High quality video's make me happy. The voice chat banter was great.

Overall ratings:
    Gameplay C-
    Quality A+
    Banter A

Final Entertainment value: B+
    Last edited by Zlebar; 2015-01-14 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling, grammatical, general content
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Thanks for the input, based on what you are saying I just didnt clip insanity for MB, Im still not convinced that is much higher DPS. is that 100%? Ill try it next time regardless, so that's a fair statement. As for Halo, ok I know, but lets be honest, im more concerned about boss mechanics and leading positioning with the group, then using that shit spell.

There's a post in the priest forum where I mathout why clipping is much better than not clipping. It's napkin math, but it holds true. Basically you get to cast MB more often if you clip, which leads to more shadow orbs throughout the fight, which leads to more DP which is your highest damage ability per execute time.

yeah Ive been on that thread, Ive checked up on it and will test it out for sure. I know information changes with patches and gear increases. Just havne't been caught up on the clipping, wasn't 100% sure it was true now. bro c- for just not using the new hot rotation? damn tough judgement there

It's actually because you also fail to use Halo, and you're not correctly multi dotting impreg right before the add spawns( we have timers so we know when to start dotting the boss and MB/MS the add) I'd say it was a C even if you were clipping. I did 28k with 661ilvl and you have me beat by 6 or 7 ilvls and did 3k less damage than me ;P(unless you got 2 or 3 upgrades between when it was recorded and when it was posted). That being said, your damage sticks you in the bottom 45% of the class(according to logs), if we say 50% is average then a C- is fair

Deleted
    Nice video, and now at least you dont have to make any thread in the near future about Spriest theory/maths too

Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    It's actually because you also fail to use Halo, and you're not correctly multi dotting impreg right before the add spawns( we have timers so we know when to start dotting the boss and MB/MS the add) I'd say it was a C even if you were clipping. I did 28k with 661ilvl and you have me beat by 6 or 7 ilvls and did 3k less damage than me ;P(unless you got 2 or 3 upgrades between when it was recorded and when it was posted). That being said, your damage sticks you in the bottom 45% of the class(according to logs), if we say 50% is average then a C- is fair

Yeah aight I see where you are coming from, totally fair. I knew I would get some criticism from a knowledgeable shadow priest and I def appreciate it. For min maxing DPS you are right, and as a Spriest hard for you to overlook those things. That boss isn't a dps race and we have downed him before, and as RL, I was mostly just on cruise control, paying attention to the raid, not trying to die and follow mechanics. I had Halopro turned off, pretty much just being a lazy on the dps aspect. Went back and watched it, I mean I used Halo, but prob missed like half of them. Definitely wasn't my finest hour. Prob should have stepped it up for the VID a little more, vid was mostly for our raid. I'll be making a Mythic Kargath vid, so feel free to check that out and critique after the advice ive been given. Should be interesting. Ive been sitting at 95th percentile for kargath and butcher so Imma put the big boi pants back on.