Deleted

Can we list which fights are better for Demo/Destro/Affly?

I'm a newbie with this class and I'd love to get peoples' opinions on what fights are better for Demo, and which fights are better as Affly or Destro. In addition, which talents are better..
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuDaaW View Post
    I'm a newbie with this class and I'd love to get peoples' opinions on what fights are better for Demo, and which fights are better as Affly or Destro. In addition, which talents are better..
    Thanks guys!
    Depends if you're talking about Normal/Heroic, or Mythic. The fights become substantially different. Also there are some fights where a certain spec might be better for progression because specific adds need to die RIGHT NOW or something, but won't yield overall the highest DPS. Needs more info.

Deleted
    I'm talking about all fights in HC/Mythic. Can you do a list like "Twin HC: affly" ecc ecc for me?

Generally you look at the mechanics of the fight and that tends to be a clear indicator which spec is better for which fights. Currently Demo is out performing the other two due to its big buff but its going to take some time before we can figure out if it replaces any of the other specs that use to be king at certain bosses due to the damage boost apple cart being knocked over.

Generally speaking if there are lots of adds through the whole fight that stay in one spot together Demo has excellent AOE potential, as does Destro. When the adds are spread out during the fight, like Brackenspore then Havok cleaving and shadowburning adds for resources pulls ahead. If the adds can be stacked but there are 4 or less adds Demo has great bursts of aoe dps. If there are 5+ targets all in one spot Destro pulls ahead with sustained aoe. Once the targets dip below 4 Destro looses resources and looses its impact.

I don't play aff but I understand it is excellent in 2 target fights and single target with some adds that die quickly.

The real question is does the big boost in dps for demo make it better than another spec use to be.

mythic kargath - doesn't matter, probably demo now though.
    mythic butcher - affliction or demo
    mythic tectus - demo
    mythic brackenspore - destro or affliction, probably destro for progress though
    mythic twin ogron - demo or affliction
    mythic koragh - depends on what your comp needs
    mythic imp - destro or demo
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV