Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Telling someone to get off the pot because becoming a mythic raider today only takes 6 hours a week is utter crap. I have yet to meet any raider (let alone mythic) that plays *only* 6 hours week. Or even 12 hours a week.
    Early on you had to spend a decent amount of time on the game, but that point is gone. You need like 10-20 minutes a day for your garrison and that's it. In that time each day you get everything you need for raiding. So ye, you can play less than 12 hours a week and raid Mythic.

Doubt my guild will be 7/7M by the time BRF hits, but whatever. Can't complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If the gear being obsolete before it's released didn't work, if higher ilevel, better models, exclusive mounts/pets/achievements, etc all didn't work, do you honestly think the delay will? I still have no interest in joining a raid guild and starting to raid "real raids." again, I'd honestly rather just stop playing WoW until Blizzard gets their shit together. Neutering LFR isn't going to make "real raiding." more appealing. The vast majority of people didn't try it when it was the ONLY endgame that WoW had, it's just not appealing.

Again, good luck with that. Casuals didn't raid when it was the only option, adding all sorts of perks to "real raiding." didn't get them to raid, neutering LFR most likely won't either. I think until you've spent time as a nonraider you can't actually see how amazingly unappealing joining a raiding guild and raiding actually is. I know when I raided I didn't understand it either, but now that I've spent time not raiding I can't see any reason why anyone would ever want to subject themselves to that bullshit.
    I can't agree with you more, I am in the same boat with you. After I quit raiding and time passed looking back, wtf it is not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Keep up with your crusade man, seems you have a lot of anger towards people who can do more with their time than others.
    So in other words, you don't actually have any valid points.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    You work on weekends?
    Social life is fully acceptable to be performed on weekend basis. You go with friends to pub on friday. spend time with your family on saturday/sunday while farming in wow in the evening. than you go into your weekly timetable for 5 days and repeat.... simple as that
    I don't have kids- and likely never will. I also do more than 'just LFR'.

I do, however, take exception to people telling others to manage their lives better, because raiding above LFR is the 'right thing to do'

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Early on you had to spend a decent amount of time on the game, but that point is gone. You need like 10-20 minutes a day for your garrison and that's it. In that time each day you get everything you need for raiding. So ye, you can play less than 12 hours a week and raid Mythic.
    Earlier in the thread it was implied you only had to play six.

But okay. Do you play less than 12 hours a week? Do you raid Mythic?

Also, why do you care if a stranger is happy with only doing LFR?
    Last edited by SidFwuff; 2015-01-15 at 12:18 AM.

Earlier in the thread it was implied you only had to play six.
    Unless you make preparations beforehand nope (as in getting tons of flasks, pots enchant mats). Also, if you raid 6 hours a week you need to shop up before the raid, so no, you can't play 6 hours unless you want to be the dude that's always late and has to be summoned.

But okay. Do you play less than 12 hours a week? Do you raid Mythic?
    I probably play more than 12 hours a week but I do things that are not necessary for raiding (you don't need 30+ epic followers to raid Mythic).

Also, why do you care if a stranger is happy with only doing LFR?
    I don't, I am just taking part in the discussion. Why do you care why I care?

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Keep up with your crusade man, seems you have a lot of anger towards people who can do more with their time than others.
    There's zero anger in his posts, he's just asking questions but you seem to be getting pretty defensive.
    I think he's on to something here.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wish this was pushed back further, ohwel.
    Was expecting one or two weeks more, look forward to it.

There's a lot of anger from people here who A) either have SOs who don't understand what a hobby is and refuses to let them raid during the week, or B) Don't know how to manage their lives correctly so that they can raid and work and spend social time with friends. Bottom line is, there's nothing special about the people who set aside the time for raiding; we have social lives; some of us have SOs and wives and families; most of us have full-time jobs, including me who has to spend 2 hours a day commuting to and from work and often spends a lot of overtime at work. Yet we are able to make it. The big difference is either you aren't willing or aren't able to find the time to raid...which is perfectly fine. Just don't try and use descriptors like "casual" to divide those of us who make the time from those of us who don't. Because there's still the overwhelming impression that anyone who is capable of clearing Mythic raids while current is obviously a no-lifer who ignores their family, doesn't work, and doesn't ever spend time doing anything outside of the game.

A lot of people in my guild have kids and wives / husbands. I hear them in the background on vent occasionally. Sorry if you've married someone who can't let you have 6 hours a week to yourself and to your own hobbies, honestly.

On topic, however, I was almost 90% certain this was when Blackrock was going to be released. Can't say I'm happy about it, since one or two more weeks means we probably would have had 7/7M Highmaul on farm, but oh well. I'm sure we will have plenty of time over the spring / summer to farm Mythic Foundry and Highmaul.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    Wooooow, some people on this forum...

If you don't have time for your hobby than it's your own fault. There are plenty of people with jobs, wifes and stuff which still can raid 2 raidnights a week. If you don't have 6 hours a week for yourself/for a hobby, that must really suck.

Another example: One of my hobbies is photography. I need way more time taking and editing photos than playing World of Warcraft in a week (like 7-10 hours/week). Now if you were a (hobby)photographer you couldn't complain about the timeinvestment that is needed for your hobby, you can't just say "oh but I have to work, I have a wife, I have kids, blablabla". You just take your time for a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'd agree they are paced probably too far. It is possible they are paced THAT far apart because 6.1 will be hitting somewhere in there and they don't want people to feel overwhelmed and rushed with all the new content hitting at once. Especially considering how failing to raid can make one feel as they are falling behind. Their original reasoning for BRF 8 week+ delay was for a similar reason.
    The underlined bit made me laugh, perish the thought we might have multiple things to do in this expansion! (Not against you, BTW, more of a snark against Blizzard for making the only content relevant past level 100 raids)

We're getting some daily content around iron docks, some new battle pets in old content and some UI updates in 6.1, hardly the huge pile of content that can have people sighing in relief "Thank heavens i don't have a new raid to do on top of this!"

Mythic is being released the week of Chinese New Year.. I wonder how that will affect the race.

(For context, Chinese New Year in Asia = Christmas+New Years. It's a really big holiday.)