Deleted

How is Prot in solo open world

Hello guys,

i am considering leveling a prot but the only thing that is making me hesitant is the question how he performs in the open world against normal mobs (like apexis daylies).
    Is he painfully slower than dps classes?

No, questing as Prot is absolutely fine. Maybe you do 20% less damage, but this is offset by the fact that you can pull 5 times as many mobs. And if you want to dps just switch to gladiator.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2015-01-14 at 10:16 PM.

The slowdown is more than made up for with survivability IMO.

without prot i feel like a single sheet of paper. Dmg is good, you can just ignore any defensive rage use and only use it offensively.. and you are good to go...

ILVL has a much bigger impact how you feel in the openworld... and i feel really strong as prot since 640...

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Arms is better.
    That was not even remotely the question.

OT: You always have the possibility to go glad, which will make you en par with dps speccs. But even if that is not your talent of choice, you can still compensate slightly lower damage with pulling more mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    i am considering leveling a prot but the only thing that is making me hesitant is the question how he performs in the open world against normal mobs (like apexis daylies).
    Is he painfully slower than dps classes?
    It's fine. Depending on your gear, most leveling might be trivial so stuff will die fast anyway. If not (e.g. when I hit Nagrand), the survivability is nice as you can be a bit reckless and just ride up to the quest objective, without worrying about over-aggroing. And there are still quite a few old style quests, where you might want to round up a bunch of mobs and AOE them down. But in Nagrand, beware of packs of wolves and, even worse, packs of orcs on wolves, as those can still hurt.