Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to a cinema with big enough halls. Seats for disabled people are usually near the entrance. Get a seat far away from that and you will be fine. When your cinema only has 20 seats that may not be possible though -> choose other cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    they should have special viewing areas for those people... that way they can be as noisy as they need to be due to their own circumstances and others wont get annoyed by the noise.

or at the very least offer them the first 2 viewing times, warning the normals that they could expect certain amount of special in there -- at a reduced cost of course.. perhaps $2 for their potential trouble and with the chance to get a refund within the first 15 minutes of the movie in case the noise level is too insufferable.
    Isn't that what matinée showings are for?

I didn't know Hollywood brought back silent films? If all you can hear for an hour and a half is some guys suction tube then maybe turn up the volume on the movie audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Depends how loud it is. I had someone mouth-breathing behind me at some point, wasn't loud but it was annoying when it's right behind you.
    That's what you get for going to the....Manatee Show...

hue hue hue.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    oh lol... no not that...edit:[not samuel jackson]

i meant, the one with the breathing noises
    That is what he is face palming at, you are on a board for nerds and have never watched star wars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just how noisy is it? It is sad that he was asked to leave for something that was not his fault but if he is distracting a few dozen people I can see their point.
    This, I completely agree. It's terrible, and it's not his fault but I have to wonder how bad the sound was. The other customers also paid and their experiencing shouldn't be ruined either. On one hand I could see the whole 'suck it up and deal with the inconvenience' mentality, but how big of an inconvenience was it? Was it truly effecting their viewing experience, like to the point that it was unwatchable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    This, I completely agree. It's terrible, and it's not his fault but I have to wonder how bad the sound was. The other customers also paid and their experiencing shouldn't be ruined either. On one hand I could see the whole 'suck it up and deal with the inconvenience' mentality, but how big of an inconvenience was it? Was it truly effecting their viewing experience, like to the point that it was unwatchable?
    I've used the same ventilator and it's very quiet.

None of that compares to that asshole trying to suck out that lost drop of soda from his gallon sized cup.
    I'm a last drop guy.

Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't know, I'm not siding with the dick bags reporting... but I'm wondering if this thing wasn't making a lot more noise than people think, like maybe it was broken and had a fan making a lot more noise than it should.

I havn't seen taken 3 yet, but judging by the first 2 I don't thinks its a very quiet or dialog filled piece of film. .
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

That is what he is face palming at, you are on a board for nerds and have never watched star wars?
    well, i missed the memo saying that off topic forums were nerd entry only... but to amuse you, yes i have watched it... i just didnt remember the name of the black dude.. or for that matter, the names of the rest... irrelevant to me as it is not Anime related.

Keep in mind that a mod ask us to not change the topics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm a last drop guy.

Sorry.
    I curse you and hope something slightly unpleasant happens to you, such as an large onion falling on your head.

well, i missed the memo saying that off topic forums were nerd entry only... but to amuse you, yes i have watched it... i just didnt remember the name of the black dude.. or for that matter, the names of the rest... irrelevant to me as it is not Anime related.

Keep in mind that a mod ask us to not change the topics.
    James earl jones. Be done with it.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

I would have been more distracted by the cinema people making a man with a respirator leave more so than the actual thing itself. Honestly, even if it does make a little more noise than you are used to......it can't be THAT bad.....people have no empathy these days...

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    I don't know, I'm not siding with the dick bags reporting... but I'm wondering if this thing wasn't making a lot more noise than people think, like maybe it was broken and had a fan making a lot more noise than it should.

I havn't seen taken 3 yet, but judging by the first 2 I don't thinks its a very quiet or dialog filled piece of film. .
    Considering he needs it to breath, doubtful that it was broken - if it stops, he has serious medical issues/ death. Not something you play around with with a respirator.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    James earl jones. Be done with it.
    didnt mean the guy inside, meant the black suit its wearing.. the character

didnt mean the guy inside, meant the black suit its wearing
    he's not even the guy inside!

blagaagarhgrgh!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    he's not even the guy inside!

blagaagarhgrgh!
    I think tradewind's head is about to implode guys.

Deleted
    Life is unfair.

People have a right to watch a film at the cinema in silence.

What do you do when these two facts are at conflict.

You can't please everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre-Z View Post
    I've used the same ventilator and it's very quiet.
    It's worth noting that you're also accustomed to it. Simply from exposure you won't notice it like someone who doesn't use one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The theater apologized. It was a stupid move, but to be fair, I don't necessarily expect a teenager working minimum wage at a movie theater to make the right decision. They just know that the policy says that if someone is making noise that's disturbing the other patrons they should be asked to leave.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!