Prot Pally stat priority in LFR

According to Icy-Veins, the following is optimal for the spec

Bonus Armor;
    Mastery;
    Versatility;
    Critical Strike;
    Multistrike;
    Haste.

Is this correct? I only play LFR, and the variety isn't that great, even with the alleged tier pieces coming in Blackrock Foundry (verified or a hoax?). I was wondering if I should be aiming for the above stat priority to the letter.

The weapon Oregorger's Venomous Canine seems the best, so it's a given. But what about Firecaller's Scorched Seal? It has Bonus Armor on it, which is great, but it also has Critical Strike, which isn't that good. So in this example, would I go for this ring?

Every piece of gear you get from lfr is BiS for LFR raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    According to Icy-Veins, the following is optimal for the spec

Bonus Armor;
    Mastery;
    Versatility;
    Critical Strike;
    Multistrike;
    Haste.

Is this correct? I only play LFR, and the variety isn't that great, even with the alleged tier pieces coming in Blackrock Foundry (verified or a hoax?). I was wondering if I should be aiming for the above stat priority to the letter.
    The Icy Veins guide was written by Theck, who also suggests the weights for Ask Mr Robot. Haste has just been buffed for prot palas, so it will be revised. This is what Theck now says about the weights he has just sent to AMR:

Quote Originally Posted by Theck
    These are the new defaults that I sent them.

Bonus Armor: 1
    Strength: 0.75
    Armor: 0.6
    Haste: 0.6
    Mastery: 0.55
    Stamina: 0.5
    Critical Strike: 0.45
    Versatility: 0.44
    Multistrike: 0.4

Those are for Holy Shield. For Seraphim make the following changes:

Critical Strike: 0.55
    Versatility: 0.53
    Mastery: 0.45
    http://www.sacredduty.net/2015/01/13...s-gonna-haste/

Crit is not a bad stat and indeed favored if you talent Seraphim. You could take the above weights and put them in Ask Mr Robot to compare gear. And/or you could put them in the add-on pawn, to compare gear in game. I suspect what you will find is that ilevel trumps almost all. It's best to compare trinkets manually, though.

While everything stated by Econ is true, I feel that there are certain important things missing. As the OP is a self stated LFR player, so making the conclusion that he is min-maxing everything is something we can't assume.

Seraphim is great talent, but there is a big IF. If you don't do it near perfect it quickly falls behind Holy Shield. In the WoD prot paladin guide here is told how to use it correctly. Using something of WA or TMW make it a lot easier.
    Same for Haste, if you use all you GCD's you will get more from haste than anything else. But if for what ever reason (like being a clicker) you keep using a GCD each 2 sec haste will never be good stat.

So I would suggest:
    If you are comfortable with the spec and playing aiming for a high skill cap use what Econ is suggesting.
    If you don't are comfortable with prot pally or not yet in the place to aim for a high skill cap. I would suggest you use HS and the stat order now present on icy-veins. As it allow you to passively gain the most benefit and the margin for error isn't big.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seraphim sounds fantastic, but I think I will go for Holy Shield. As a tank I would want the extra defenses.

Min-maxing may not be much of a thing in LFR, but even so, I would want gear as optimal as possible for my Pally. To me it just sorta makes sense. I did it with Haste in MoP, and my performance was excellent.

Deleted
    The best way to tank lfr is to be in tank spec, have gear in every slot and mash the buttons you care to drag from your ability panel.

You dont actually need to see what they do, but if you keep enough buttons on cd then you are golden