Hotfix: Protection Seal of Truth / Censure nerf

Tooltip is changed and significantly lowers dps output as prot.

Feoress- Dark Iron
    The Butcher 4:06 length
    Seal of Truth
    73.8k - 265 hits

Censure
    60.9k - 80 hits

New to the forums so I could not link my warcraftlogs rank but It is 252. My rotation is literally on par with everyone else with higher parses just the output of these 2 spells is huge.
    Last edited by Feoress; 2015-01-15 at 06:52 AM.

Hmm appears so. My Seal of Truth tooltip(and damage) is showing at 105 to 119 and censure is 68 over 15 seconds stacking 5 times. Which is around 2.2% instead of the 12% weapon damage that it was before. 68 is about 1.271% of my spell power instead of the 6.1776% that it was before. Both look close to about 80% nerf. Interestingly it appears that seal of righteousness remains unchanged. Which is still 529 to 595 damage. This looks to make seal of truth entirely worthless allowing non-Emp. Seals players to only ever use Righteousness and Insight.

Can confirm this for EU.
    Nerfs were expected after the haste buffs. Righteousness nerf will be next. Guess it's back to SoI now.

Is it possible this was just a tooltip change?
    Or perhaps it is a bug, as nothing was posted about this on the hotfix posts.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Hi we have an entire thread to put things like this in

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WoD-Discussion

Why is blizzard pidgeonholing us into one seal? Seal of truth was only used on a couple fights and when we significantly overgeared the content.

Just...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Blythe90 View Post
    Why is blizzard pidgeonholing us into one seal? Seal of truth was only used on a couple fights and when we significantly overgeared the content.

Just...why?
    Balancing around alternative abilities requires thought. Much easier to balance everyone around one cookie cutter build and playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Blythe90 View Post

Just...why?
    I mean not really. We used Truth and Righteousness for everything. If you used Seal of Insight you didn't play correctly. Either way now it doesn't matter Cleave seal for life until that gets nerfed still does 5-6% of our dmg single target weeew. Inb4 thats nerfed by 80%.