Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto log - Mythic butcher analysis.

Hi guys.

We started working on Mythic butcher yesterday, and I feel it went okay, but when I look at other resto druids logs, they do a lot more healing than me.

/reports/rzLQ8qAmFKC2xPkZ#fight=4&type=healing

I've posted the logs from yesday's raid.

I've only been playing druid this expansion, so I'm a little green.

Thank you in advance

/Galv

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a new user, so I can't post links apparently. Working on it!

- - - Updated - - -

How many posts do I need to post to be able to put my logs in?!
    Last edited by mmoccf9cc7983a; 2015-01-15 at 10:34 AM.

Just post the part after www.warcraftlogs.com/ - this will not get blocked and we can put together the link ourselves.

Deleted
    Thank you for the tip

Deleted
    Yes, that is me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was gonna say, you get rank 2 and say other druids do more healing than you? :P

Looks decent overall, a few things I noticed:

* Your rings are not enchanted.
    * Only 2 uses of barkskin.
    * Only 1 use of tranquility. You can get through P1 with spending very little mana if you use your raid CDs (will be up again at the end). Seeing that you went oom at the and, there's some potential here.
    * Same with Incarnation.
    * Harmony uptime could be slightly better.
    * You didn't have a mushroom down for almost 1 minute. This fight is awesome for WM.
    * Lifebloom uptime is horrible. I find it difficult on Butcher as well, but keep in mind that 1 Lb cast heals much more than 1 Rj cast, for less mana.
    * Your rejuv healing looks pretty low for using both Rejuv talents, while you use a lot of Regrowth. This is pretty hard on your mana, and if you need to Regrowth a lot, the more important a high Lb uptime becomes.
    * If you want to use CW, you need to use it more. It did less healing than YG would have done during the fight, for a significant mana cost.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2015-01-15 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Check out this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Log-Analysis !

Perhaps it's time for a "[Resto] Analyse my log!" sticky thread?

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, Thalur.

The rings are just me being retarded and it's not okay.

Barkskin is something I need to learn to use more often.
    2 Tranqs makes perfekt sense, and same with incarnation.
    I think mushroom was because I was saving mana - which I don't have to if I get through phase 1 with more mana.
    Yeah, I need to be better with Lifebloom.
    The Regrowths are because I tried the boss without the glyph to have more hots on the tanks. I know I shouldn't be using that very much on this fight.
    Regarding the rejuvs, do you only use germination on tanks? I'm unsure how often I should actually use it.
    CW was also something I tried. Normally I use YG.

I really appreciate your imput.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use barkskin whenever he charges ranged group, as thats the only time you take damage here and the cd fits nicely with the charge cd. 2 Tranqs depends entirely on your raid's dps, if you push frenzy phase after 3m sure otherwise you only get 1 tranq/tree anyway. Mushroom needs to be down all the time on this fight (Only downtime would be from the initial placement>pool placement assuming you stop halfway like some guilds do)

I use regrowth glyph here, value it more than the hots it produces. I try get 2 rejus rolling on the melee stacking groups+the tanks, should be little overhealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvelon View Post
    Thanks a lot, Thalur.

I think mushroom was because I was saving mana - which I don't have to if I get through phase 1 with more mana.
    Yeah, I need to be better with Lifebloom.

I really appreciate your imput.
    If you want to save mana mushroom and lifebloom are the absolute last spells you should stop casting. They do more Heal per mana than any other of your spells except tranq. Especially since mushroom can generate a really large amount of output on the butcher fight.

Deleted
    I was standing in melee group because we had few melees. So I took decent dmg. Which just makes my use of barkskin even worse.

We did push boss. I will be using Tranq closely after pull, otherwise it won't be ready in time for frenzy.

Regarding the rejuvs, do you only use germination on tanks? I'm unsure how often I should actually use it.
    In the second half of the fight, there is so much damage coming in that it doesn't matter. You want to put out as many Rejuvs as you can on the stacking groups (while maintaining everything else, WG on CD etc.). Whether 10 players have 1 Rj each, or 5 players have 2 Rj each makes no difference. However, I usually try to balance out my healing so I prefer to cast one Rj per player, and only if someone is low (not in danger of dying) I put a 2nd one on them. Of course this also depends on the number of players taking the cleave damage (we use 6).

In my experience, Germination usually has lower overhealing than Rejuv. But this is of course due to the way I use the spells. On M Butcher, I had 18.4% Rejuv, 4.6% Germ. Our other druid (who used both Rejuv talents) had 28.7% Rejuv, 8.5% Germ. No significant difference in overhealing.

Probably the biggest thing I did for my mana and throughput was ensure I use both of my big cooldowns in the fight. Here's what I do:

• At 5 seconds to pull, I place Wild Mushroom to cover all melee and tanks, and Lifebloom the pulling tank, I hit full mana by the time combat starts
    • Immediately after combat starts, I pop Tree of Life, double rejuv both tanks, and blanket the first cleave group with rejuv. I continue spamming Rejuv and ONLY rejuv on cleave groups, using clearcasting procs to refresh Lifebloom and Harmony.
    • Just before Tree of Life ends, I cast Tranquility. All the healers take a break for 8 seconds.
    • Usually this lines up nicely with our first knockback and we all reposition to where we will stand the rest of the fight. I am at nearly full mana, and most of the healers are doing good too thanks to that tranq break and the downtime that comes with the ranged cleave (he hits only one player).
    • At this point, I start spamming wild growth on cooldown, never let my mushroom drop, always use Nature's Vigil, always use my haste trinket, use clearcasting procs to refresh Lifebloom, always use Ironbark, keep double rejuvs on tanks, and fill with rejuv on the next cleave group. This is one of the most fun moments so far in Highmaul for me, It's a pure mana burn and max throughput.
    • At the next knockback, I am getting a little low on mana, so as soon as I get back to melee range I sit down for a Channeled Mana Potion. By the time the fight pics up again I'm good to go at about 70%.
    • I repeat the burn as I mentioned above, and right as my Tree of Life is coming off cooldown he enrages.
    • Now, repeat stage 1! I pop ToL and rejuv all the things. This time, I throw in Wild Growths as needed.
    • Finally, when tranq comes of cd (and I'm still in ToL) I pop it just in time to keep everyone up until the hard berserk and ohgodpleasedie dps burn.

Deleted
    We killed it last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=4

Lifebloom uptime is still horrible.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Congratulations, nicely done! Lifebloom uptime doesn't seem too bad, however, some other things look much worse than before:

* Harmoy uptime: you played the sub-30% phase completely without harmony, including Tranq. Basically the whole time HotW+Inc was active. You need to find a way to keep it active even in the most healing intense phases. You did have some mana left (didn't even use channeled pot), so you could just fit a Regrowth in once in a while, also to reshresh Lifebloom.
    * Mushroom uptime: almost down to 50%, you are giving a lot of cheap healing away.
    * Only 1 barkskin use

Deleted
    You are right. Shit hit the fan and panic showed its ugly face. I was too concentrated on using tranq at the right time in the raid CD order, we had agreed on.

Deleted
    Aye, popping tranq without harmony up is the face of panic

ed - ofc no hot on tranq now, but keeping harmony up is massive
    Last edited by mmoc2991fac950; 2015-01-16 at 02:08 PM.

THIS. love the guy, did same on our first kill exept one simple thing- ask others not to heal cleave groups at the start till second group gets second mark- you will trank ~25 s into fight and cover everything. If you use tranq at the end of tree, it wont be up for best place to use it in fight- around 20% he does knockback/charge and both soak groups are low ant must be topped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
    Probably the biggest thing I did for my mana and throughput was ensure I use both of my big cooldowns in the fight. Here's what I do:

• At 5 seconds to pull, I place Wild Mushroom to cover all melee and tanks, and Lifebloom the pulling tank, I hit full mana by the time combat starts
    • Immediately after combat starts, I pop Tree of Life, double rejuv both tanks, and blanket the first cleave group with rejuv. I continue spamming Rejuv and ONLY rejuv on cleave groups, using clearcasting procs to refresh Lifebloom and Harmony.
    • Just before Tree of Life ends, I cast Tranquility. All the healers take a break for 8 seconds.
    • Usually this lines up nicely with our first knockback and we all reposition to where we will stand the rest of the fight. I am at nearly full mana, and most of the healers are doing good too thanks to that tranq break and the downtime that comes with the ranged cleave (he hits only one player).
    • At this point, I start spamming wild growth on cooldown, never let my mushroom drop, always use Nature's Vigil, always use my haste trinket, use clearcasting procs to refresh Lifebloom, always use Ironbark, keep double rejuvs on tanks, and fill with rejuv on the next cleave group. This is one of the most fun moments so far in Highmaul for me, It's a pure mana burn and max throughput.
    • At the next knockback, I am getting a little low on mana, so as soon as I get back to melee range I sit down for a Channeled Mana Potion. By the time the fight pics up again I'm good to go at about 70%.
    • I repeat the burn as I mentioned above, and right as my Tree of Life is coming off cooldown he enrages.
    • Now, repeat stage 1! I pop ToL and rejuv all the things. This time, I throw in Wild Growths as needed.
    • Finally, when tranq comes of cd (and I'm still in ToL) I pop it just in time to keep everyone up until the hard berserk and ohgodpleasedie dps burn.

Nesaru amazing breakdown. We are about to start progress on this guy, this will be SUPER helpful.

Thanks for the tips !