Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

France is sending her flagship, the aircraft carrier "Charles de Gaulle", to the M.E.

"In a speech onboard the aircraft carrier on Wednesday, Hollande told military personnel that that the Charlie Hebdo massacre carried out by Islamic extremists last week “justifies the presence of our aircraft carrier.”

Source: http://rt.com/news/222647-hollande-a...islamic-state/

Edit:

Another source for people who camplain about sources:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ddle-East.html

I guess it's time to throw some hurtin' bombs?

Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2015-01-15 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Might not be the most appropriate reaction, I think the decade that we have spend bombing somewhat shows it doesn't work too well. But then again, sitting passively and just ignore it existence and threat, is equally inappropriate.

It really is the choice between two evils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Might not be the most appropriate reaction, I think the decade that we have spend bombing somewhat shows it doesn't work too well. But then again, sitting passively and just ignore it existence and threat, is equally inappropriate.

It really is the choice between two evils.
    It cripples them somewhat. They need stronger bombs though, that can literally destroy below ground, which is where they hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of money realy. It would be cheaper if they just hired some mercenarys too do that job.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    It costs hundreds of thousands of euros every day to keep one of these operational, very expensive dick measuring contest imo. It's money the people in France are in dire need of.

Deleted
    It's RT, so take what's in the link with a handful of salt.

For example:
    In the aftermath of the attacks, 54 people, including four minors, have been arrested for defending terrorism and hate speech. None of those arrested have been linked to the attack. Several, however, have already been convicted under special measures for immediate sentencing.
    So yeah, whenever you see RT, think Fox News.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Entitus View Post
    It costs hundreds of thousands of euros every day to keep one of these operational, very expensive dick measuring contest imo. It's money the people in France are in dire need of.
    It would still cost shitloads even if it wasn't deployed to the ME.

Hollande wants to use his toy before the 3 years long review between 2016 and 2018.

Deleted
    I agree, but it will be good for morale, the French public will see this as "we're actually doing something" and the fundamentalists will see this as "Allah acbar, even more bombs incoming"

10+ Year Old Account
    They have the means to blow a decent hole into the defenses of ISIS with just one bomb, but are too afraid of the backlash.

Deleted
    I think hollande is doing the best in order to not be elected ever again

Deleted
    I think France has a lot more other things which are easily 100x more expensive and not needed than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    What a waste of money realy. It would be cheaper if they just hired some mercenarys too do that job.
    I don't think anyone likes the idea of mercenaries. Mercenaries are a bad idea.

They should deploy the foreign legion imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    They have the means to blow a decent hole into the defenses of ISIS with just one bomb, but are too afraid of the backlash.
    We should be afraid of the backlash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I agree, but it will be good for morale, the French public will see this as "we're actually doing something" and the fundamentalists will see this as "Allah acbar, even more bombs incoming"
    Not sure how susceptible french are to this kind of propaganda.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "In a speech onboard the aircraft carrier on Wednesday, Hollande told military personnel that that the Charlie Hebdo massacre carried out by Islamic extremists last week “justifies the presence of our aircraft carrier.”

Source: http://rt.com/news/222647-hollande-a...islamic-state/

I guess it's time to throw some hurtin' bombs?
    Why the hell are you reading the propaganda-spewing RT? I know western media aint much to look at, but RT is just so much worse. It's the Russian equivalent of Fox News or Daily Mail. Seriously, stop reading that trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That thing is a very large penis to weave around, and I honestly hope ISIS are crapping themselves. Only downside is that innocents are inevitably going to suffer in even more bombings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why the hell are you reading the propaganda-spewing RT? I know western media aint much to look at, but RT is just so much worse.
    Here's a more trustworthy source:
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/charlie-heb...t-isis-1483439

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    We have a sentence for that, not sure it translates very well in english : "This touches me a ball without moving the other"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeah, this is why you will never be in a position of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    We should be afraid of the backlash.
    Actually we shouldn't, what we should be afraid of is the abomination called EU ensuring this plague the means to operate without real consequence in Europe.
    There are political parties throughout Europe willing to do what is necessary to ensure a lot tighter border controls (without it affecting commerce and trade as most other lefties would have you believe), but are unable to even if they gained national powers because of the totally reality absent politicians regulating from Brussels.

There is no backlash using nuclear weapons to eradicate countries that literally breed these scum (or even protect / fund them)

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why the hell are you reading the propaganda-spewing RT? I know western media aint much to look at, but RT is just so much worse. It's the Russian equivalent of Fox News or Daily Mail. Seriously, stop reading that trash.
    It's about as credible as any other source of information you'll be able to find any where else.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2015-01-15 at 12:44 PM.