Eternal Flame Viability in RBGs [Holy]

Ever since I started playing Holy Paladin, I've been using what you would call the 'correct' talents based on experienced player recommendations and overall logic, however the level 45 talent-tier has really had me struggling to make a final decision. I know Sacred Shield has a larger absorption than what the Eternal Flame HoT heals for, but Eternal Flame saves you having to implement an additional spell into your main rotation (which in turn hinders your HPS).

I understand its obvious efficiency in Arenas where it allows you to heal/absorb for more without casting given it's an instant, but in RBGs it feels a lot weaker. I'm not saying SS is bad for RBGs but rather "Is EF possibly more suitable?" if not, how do YOU use SS in RBGs and when are the best times to use it?

Rets and Prots that use the talent are welcome to give their piece of advice, but the question is mainly aimed towards the healers.
    Last edited by Azeurus; 2015-01-15 at 02:45 PM.

I am normally SSing the healers in the main fight, if only 2 of us are there, I will pop one up on a targeted player. I removed EF and havnt looked back, granted...getting used to popping those SS's onto my teammates and not forgetting is a problem. Sure it saves you a GC, but if you have a druid/priest healing with you, generally, targets dont drop fast enough for that GC to matter. Plus you arent risking getting silenced by relying on eternal flame, and waiting to get 3 holy shocks for another EF is much longer than popping 3 SS's on your teammates. That is how I view it.
    3436 Resilience | 2161 RBG | 2108 3's

Quote Originally Posted by Aghora View Post
    I am normally SSing the healers in the main fight, if only 2 of us are there, I will pop one up on a targeted player. I removed EF and havnt looked back, granted...getting used to popping those SS's onto my teammates and not forgetting is a problem. Sure it saves you a GC, but if you have a druid/priest healing with you, generally, targets dont drop fast enough for that GC to matter. Plus you arent risking getting silenced by relying on eternal flame, and waiting to get 3 holy shocks for another EF is much longer than popping 3 SS's on your teammates. That is how I view it.
    Thank you for the insight, this has opened up a whole new perspective for me