Deleted

CPUs, Power, Motherboards + Cases!

Ok, I've decided to upgrade my AMD FX4350 to an FX8350. I would also like to transfer that FX4350 to another computer.
    There is several things I would like to discover before making the purchase:

1) I run with a 550w PSU + Radeon R9 280x - Will I have enough power for this CPU?

2) My other PC(Old family PC) is a Dell Inspiron 545, I'll have to upgrade the mobo to something with the correct cpu slot(AM3+) what do you guys suggest?

3)Finally will that motherboard fit in the Dell's case? Or will I need to buy an upgrade for that aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Qwible View Post
    Ok, I've decided to upgrade my AMD FX4350 to an FX8350. I would also like to transfer that FX4350 to another computer.
    There is several things I would like to discover before making the purchase:

1) I run with a 550w PSU + Radeon R9 280x - Will I have enough power for this CPU?

2) My other PC(Old family PC) is a Dell Inspiron 545, I'll have to upgrade the mobo to something with the correct cpu slot(AM3+) what do you guys suggest?

3)Finally will that motherboard fit in the Dell's case? Or will I need to buy an upgrade for that aswell...
    The CPU's use the same number of watts. 125W. Shouldn't be an issue there.

In terms of dell's and fitting something in the case I couldn't say. Last time I looked at a dell system it was all proprietary and did not conform to the standards.

Deleted
    Just thought of another possible problem :P

Will newer motherboards support the Dell's ram?

From the Dell Inspiron 545 mobo specs:
    4 x 240-pin DDR2 DIMM slots Supports Dual Channel DDR2 800/667 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (Max 8GB)

Edit: Isn't Google the greatest? It can't fit since most mobo's support DDR3 :-(
    Last edited by mmoc04e8b20036; 2015-01-15 at 06:47 PM.