Fire Mage and Prismatic Crystal

Hey,

i decided after i have some gear to try a raid as fire instead of frost. Somehow i struggle to find out, how to use combustion properly with Prismatic Crystal.

For example, when i practice on the dummy, the PC doesnt transfer the ignites to the dummy and also not the combustion.

Are building up for a Combustion and PC 2 different dps cds? Im confused:P

Either you are tracking DoTs wrong, or your crystal is too far from the target. IB spreads ignite/combustion/pyro DoT from PC to a target just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admittedly do not have a Combustion/PC part in my Fire Guide (I will add it, apologies), but you should just drop it, get a good Pyro chain, Combust and spread with IB before the Crystal wears off.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Mage Fire with PC? It's a sin!

Deleted
    What I've been doing with PC is getting both HU and HS up along with trinket use/proc(CC has a nice line-up with DMF) and then drop the crystal. I unload onto the crystal with my normal camping rotation until about halfway through the duration of the crystal and then dump the rest of my pyro's in and hit Combustion and spread. Makes for some wicked openers even on single target, record Ignite doing it this way was something like 17.2k on one of our M Butcher attempts.

Deleted
    This is what I've found to be the most efficient way to use PC/combustion as fire:

1. Fish for a HU proc with fireballs
    2. Use inferno blast to turn HU into HS (instant pyro)
    3. Cast one more fireball
    4. Place prismatic crystal
    (5). If the previous fireball didn't crit, keep casting fireball until HU procs.
    6. Cast a last fireball while you have HS+HU
    7. Spam pyros until you run out. (1 is minimum, 3 is maximum)
    8. Cast combustion. (After last pyroblast landed)
    9. If you're running living bomb, apply living bomb and then spread dots with inferno blast. If you're running blast wave, spread combustion and then use 2 charges of blast wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    This is what I've found to be the most efficient way to use PC/combustion as fire:

1. Fish for a HU proc with fireballs
    2. Use inferno blast to turn HU into HS (instant pyro)
    3. Cast one more fireball
    4. Place prismatic crystal
    (5). If the previous fireball didn't crit, keep casting fireball until HU procs.
    6. Cast a last fireball while you have HS+HU
    7. Spam pyros until you run out. (1 is minimum, 3 is maximum)
    8. Cast combustion. (After last pyroblast landed)
    9. If you're running living bomb, apply living bomb and then spread dots with inferno blast. If you're running blast wave, spread combustion and then use 2 charges of blast wave.
    Yep. Basically the way to do it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    For example, when i practice on the dummy, the PC doesnt transfer the ignites to the dummy and also not the combustion.

Are building up for a Combustion and PC 2 different dps cds? Im confused:P
    PC is a new target that you attack. Combustion is your mega-DoT that forms from your Ignite. The spell that spreads DoTs is Inferno Blast.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.