Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Dallas Gun Owners Re-create Paris Massacre to see how they would react

Dallas gun owners and open carry advocates participated in an exercise similar to the massacre last week. Needless to say they all died, while they were armed, all 12 times they did the simulation. I guess we need more good guys with guns.

Do you think artists need concealed carry? Could you survive a surprise attack by terrorists?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/01/13/g...aris-massacre/
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Why not simply treat the cause and not the symptom? It's like people are incapable to see this cause and effect thing, despite being an active part in it.

This is probably one of the saddest things I've seen in a while.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Why not simply treat the cause and not the symptom? It's like people are incapable to see this cause and effect thing, despite being an active part in it.
    And you're being purposely obtuse....why? If you know what the 'cause' is, they come right out and say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait... they terrorists setup a time, date and place for the assault so the victims knew what was coming and could prepare physically and mentally? No? Then this is just a bunch of meaningless BS that "recreates" nothing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly insensitive attempt to score political points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do wish we'd address this fantastical image of Concealed Carry Cary the armed superhero.
    A gun or not there's always some assholes who think they would be a hero in a situation like this. They would shit their pants 9 out of 10 times in the real thing. The rest would just die trying.

I hope this turns into another gun control thread. Need a few more of them. Personally though, by only having 1 "armed citizen", its pretty common snese that 2 attackers will win. Would be interesting to see if they set it up with different scenarios such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of the employees were armed.

Either way though, x% chance of being able to defend yourself is better than 0% to defend yourself if you find yourself in that scenario.

I say MMO-champs lifts their ban of allowing meme images. If there ever was a need for a facepalm image it is certainly this issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So wait... they terrorists setup a time, date and place for the assault so the victims knew what was coming and could prepare physically and mentally? No? Then this is just a bunch of meaningless BS that "recreates" nothing.
    Fun fact that even tough the volunteers where expecting the attack, none of them where very succesfull in the attempt to be the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    A gun or not there's always some assholes who think they would be a hero in a situation like this. They would shit their pants 9 out of 10 times in the real thing. The rest would just die trying.
    I'm happy they tried it and failed, now we can put the concealed carry hero image where it belongs, in imagination land and Hollywood, where it should stay.

Watched the video and I was surprised not to find the typical "gun interest group" types...like the usual "old fat veteran looking guy with a blue bald eagle hat riding a rascal scooter."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

“Still got killed but did better than I thought I would,” said father of four
    /slownod . .
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

you know.. i am not even gonna read the article.. you would have done the same thing.. died or hid and lived. maybe if you had a concealed carry license you might have fought back.. in the end most people would die or run. it was a planned attack and the people were surprised.. short of having a shotgun sitting next to your office chair.. their is nothing you can do.. a "recreation" of the event with per-knowledge of what was about to happen is stupid.. as you already have planed out what you would do and are waiting on the go single

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking god why would anyone do this.

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard today.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Good fucking god why would anyone do this.

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard today.
    Let me see if I can help with that...

is that dumber?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No it just biases it towards the concealed carry side, as they know it was coming, but still failed. Which makes it more likely that in an actual scenario they would fail as well. They should do more of these experiments.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I notice a distinct lack of "Yippie ki yay motherfucker". Muricans, I am disappoint.

They haven't put out their formal findings yet, but the lede is that one concealed carry civilian with a handgun could not successfully defeat both rifle-armed attackers in any of their simulations. The defender killed one of the attackers in 2 of 9 sims and was able to escape with other potential victims in one other simulation.

Two things they did not simulate that I wish they would have were a) multiple defender scenarios*, and b) their defender being somewhere other than the conference room, like one of the forward offices (maybe immediate resistance matters).

*multiple defenders also makes one curious about simulation of armed private security (is that even legal in Paris? I wouldn't know), liked armed security guards in the lobby.

The effectiveness of defense is only one issue, regardless. The basic human dignity of having the option to, as Charb himself said, die standing than live kneeling... or more to the point, to die standing or to die kneeling; that counts for something, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I notice a distinct lack of "Yippie ki yay motherfucker". Muricans, I am disappoint.
    I think that's a large factor. People watch movies and think "I could do that". Problem is that in real life the bad guys don't monolog. They just shoot you.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And in a high tension situation with multiple people who aren't in uniforms all blasting at each other, how do we know who the good guys are?
    I'm guessing skin color?

-Kujako-