Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the technology, I do worry about the oversight however. Look, using modern technology to make our streets safer is a good thing. I want the police to be able to ID criminals, catch them, and prosecute them in a timely manner. I am also not so naive to believe that there will not be instances wherein the system is abused by some of the people running it. Even if the current group of people are all good people, sooner or later someone is going to screw it up.

Any concerns I may have with this are firmly due to the general lack of proper oversight on policing, which allows a small number of bad officers destroy any trust built up by a large number of decent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Maybe I overreacted, but I hope they use it properly to go after actual criminals and not random "suspicious" people like me. ( was stopped and questioned 3 blocks from my house cause I was walking suspiciously...)
    Well don't walk around like this!!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I know if like, my own father appeared on such a video on crimestoppers I wouldn't be able to call and say "yep, I know who that is"
    Are you saying that if you did recognise your father you'd grass him up to Crimestoppers? Or that you don't know what your father looks like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Are you saying that if you did recognise your father you'd grass him up to Crimestoppers? Or that you don't know what your father looks like?
    I thought she was stating that she didn't own a phone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now add some crazy laws and a Flanders behind the cameras

Cameras in public places are somehow the hallmark of a dystopian society? I've been having cameras stare at me in grocery stores and parking lots since I was a child. Big flaming whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If the cameras are in a public place who cares? There's no expectation of privacy there so you can be filmed anyway
    Regardless of whether or not it is Constitutional, politicians and police forces are supposed to be public servants. If the people don't want to live under this kind of surveillance, they should respect that.

I'm not weighing in on this particular circumstance, nor am I claiming to know what the general will of the people of the county is. What I'm saying is that legality shouldn't be our measuring stick when it comes to our public servants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Depends what the crime was, I guess. For most things though, yeah, I'd grass him up to crimestoppers

On a related note, the UK seems to be scaling back their coverage.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30793614

What happens when they run out of terrorists?
    Anyone who says anything bad about police or government will be arrested for terrorism, have fun.
    "Nothing to hide"
    You have EVERYTHING to hide, think about yourself, your possessions, you should hide all of it.