Thread: computer help

computer help

hello there gaming community,
    i currently run on an i5 750@2.67GHz
    6gb ram
    320 gt graphics crads

as you all might figure its time to upgrade cause im having troubles running a few games

now this is the setup i have in mind:
    Intel Core i5 4690K 4-Core 4x3.5Ghz
    Asus H97M Plus 1150 M-ATX D-Sub / DVI / HDMI motherboard
    Inno3D Nvidia Geforce GTX970 HerculeZ 2000 OC 4096MB PCI-E 2xDVI HDMI DP graphics card
    8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 1600Mhz DDR3

srry if im not clear enough but im a noob when it comes to pc specs
    so any constructive information etc is welcome

and how will the new setup run on newer games?

thx in advance

Deleted
    it helps to fill out the forum sticky

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

Other than that on a first look you will need a Z97 mobo with a "k" cpu to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by elunuah View Post
    hello there gaming community,
    i currently run on an i5 750@2.67GHz
    6gb ram
    320 gt graphics crads

as you all might figure its time to upgrade cause im having troubles running a few games

now this is the setup i have in mind:
    Intel Core i5 4690K 4-Core 4x3.5Ghz
    Asus H97M Plus 1150 M-ATX D-Sub / DVI / HDMI motherboard
    Inno3D Nvidia Geforce GTX970 HerculeZ 2000 OC 4096MB PCI-E 2xDVI HDMI DP graphics card
    8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 1600Mhz DDR3

srry if im not clear enough but im a noob when it comes to pc specs
    so any constructive information etc is welcome

and how will the new setup run on newer games?

thx in advance
    What games do you have trouble running?
    That build should be able to manage to run most games on highest setting at 1080p.
    Think you should go for 1866MHz RAM instead, should be the same price these days as 1600Mhz.

im havinf troubles with wow atm i run on 15 frames

and im from belgium.
    budget is around 1100 euros

Your build should be pretty solid. Make sure you install a 64-bit OS and make sure you're using the 64bit version of WoW. (64-bit will allow you to use more than 4GB of RAM)

I don't know anything about Inno3D, but Asus makes solid products and seem to have pretty good customer support.

I'd also make sure that your case will be able to fit the 970, a lot of people forget to check for the clearance with how long the cards are.

Deleted
    This is what i came up with. Its slightly over budget but cpu/case are higher priced than usually. This is a random website in your country you should check for even better prices yourself. If you can't handle the extra cost drop the aftermarket cpu cooler for now and get one later on:

cpu: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 254€
    cpu cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 45€
    mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI 115€
    ram: Crucial 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit 78€
    ssd: Crucial MX100 CT256MX100SSD1, 256 GB 113€
    hdd: Western Digital Blue, 1 TB harde schijf 58€
    gpu: GIGABYTE GV-N970WF3OC-4GD 369€
    psu: Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 60€
    case: Corsair Carbide 200R 65€
    --------
    Total ~ 1155€

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    If you can't handle the extra cost drop the aftermarket cpu cooler for now and get one later on:
    Or save 41€ by dropping down to a 128gb SSD more than enough for OS + WoW.

http://www.alternate.be/Crucial/MX10...8?event=search

If you play a wide variety of games often sticking with the larger SSD would be the better option though.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    This is all, of course, dependent on the performance of the upcoming GTX960; it may be a better buy to buy that when it's released in your country. In addition, IMO, it's easier to buy an SSD now and upgrade with a HDD later, so I'd consider dropping the HDD and lugging your HDD from your old rig into the new one.