Assassination not viable?

Hey!

Just curious since i'm leveling my rogue alt at the moment and Assassination is by far my favorite Rogue spec. Both Combat and Sub has stuff i don't like. Backstab is the main reason why i would never play sub. I guess i could try Combat a bit more but i would really like to use daggers. It looks so much better than swords/axes/fistweapons on a Rogue in my opinion.

Looking at the 2v2, 3v3 and RBG ladders, all i can see are Sub and Combat (mainly Combat). There are a few Assassination in RBG but not many.

What's the reason to this?

Thanks

Deleted
    assassination is viable, it just lacks a big burst button like sub & combat

The problem with assass is vendetta. It has the longest cooldown (2 min), and its a debuff on the target, not a buff on the character. So you have to commit to one target while its up. I like assass too, and you can do some cool burst with it, but combat is just way smoother. As combat you get 2 cooldowns that can have their time remaining reduced, and killing spree is unpeelable.

Oh, yeah. I always saw Vendetta as a great CD but i guess it's really not that good.

Thanks for your answers. Will try Combat some more and see if i enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, play what you enjoy. I'd personally play Assassination; it's close enough to the other specializations to be viable and it's a lot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Honestly, play what you enjoy. I'd personally play Assassination; it's close enough to the other specializations to be viable and it's a lot more fun.
    Yeah i will still play it, but might switch to Combat from time to time if i enjoy it. Need to make up my mind before i get the conquest weapons though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination most likely doesn't have enough meaningful pressure. I know you can set up some decent burst if playing with something like anticipation, but in general sub and combat have much stronger meaningful pressure through damage, CC and cooldowns.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing the PVP more for fun and battlegrounds/Ashran, check out Sativ Assassination on Youtube... he has a one shot macro.. you won't be able to reliably pull it off, but it does give you an idea for how to pull off some very powerful burst.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2015-01-16 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Must fun I had in a long time in pvp as a rogue <3!