Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

How close were you to Blizzards WoW reward?

World of Warcraft launched in the US on Nov 23rd 2004 and Feb 11th 2005. Blizzard have said that anyone who opened their account within 60 days of these dates (and is presumably still playing now) will be getting something special in the post. How far off were you from getting this exclusive reward?

I was 2 days off... (account opened on the 15th of April 2005)

If you want to check when your account was opened. Go to battle.net, log in, click your WoW tab, account history and scroll all the way to the bottom. The bottom most date will be when you started your account (should be a free month).
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    19th of may 2005 here, started with a 10 day guest pass - then the free month on the 30th.

i made my first account dec 04 but that got permabanned, otherwise i would have gotten it

Deleted
    18th April 2005 - EU account so 6 days off.

Just under a year out.

Super excited to see what those that are eligible for it, get though. Suppose we will know in the next few days

If I had access to my old account, just a year. New one is a few years away from it though so I wasn't even close, Interested to see what people get though.

Deleted
    12th February 2005 it says. Was that the release date for EU? I can't even remember. Anyway, I haven't gotten a mail or anything so I guess you must have had an uninterrupted subscription since then or something? I've quit many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying a year like it was close. A year is way off yo.

I started in December 2005, so yeah. Nothing for me.

Too bad WC3 doesn't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long ways off in terms of start creation - I think like four months post-launch.

However, I have had a continual sub, which I think is way more rare than being a player since classic.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    8/4/2005 N/A Free Month Expired .

EU account (8'th of April) So, within the timeframe. Only problem being, i havent been a sub for every month since then (like, for the entire of MoP)

No mail, so i'm guessing no luck for me, oh well

A couple months to a few years. I created my first account in 2005 as a free trial, just to see what it was about. My only mmo experience prior to that had been limited to FFXI and Earth&Beyond. I was playing a druid during the free trial, as feral. I was hoping it was like the druid from Diablo 2. It wasn't, I couldn't quite get into it. Fast forward a few years to shortly before the release of BC. A friend of mine was big into WoW, and kept pestering me to play it with him, so I did and a few weeks later picked up BC. Was a different account. So either way, I missed it. If it's something really cool, I'll be disappointed a little bit but not angry. If it's something simple, oh well. Congrats to those who got something.

3 days off... god damn it

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    about half year after the start, thou I was playing on one of the first free servers previously

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    My current account is from when wrath launched(during the 4th aniversry), but the account I used before that was made during vanilla.

A shame I lost that account.

Im hoping it only means when you first got vanilla wow and not being active for say...80%+

10+ Year Old Account
    just checked after seeing that promotion ( or gift wtv ) and 4th of May 2005 here. pretty close but i don't think i am eligible.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few months off. My sub hasn't ever dropped though.
    Last edited by Sett; 2015-01-16 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.